Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Had a quick look on RAWK, I thought surely they wouldn't even be THIS twattish to celebrate Suarez defeating their own country...

... they're celebrating

Most of them just seem to be continuing their hatred or Roy, and asking why they don't play liverpools formation which I completely agree with

They were doing this shit long before Roy.

Don't see the problem with people putting club before country to be honest.

I'd rather Villa finish in the top 10 then England win the world cup. 

Both highly unlikely! 

• Like 1

Class performance from suarez, the difference was, we aint got no world class players and uruguay have. Hopefully by the euro's we will be a better unit, got some decent players but I don't think we'll ever win anything again until we sort our academys out. Suarez stole the show yet again, pure class.

Absolute bollocks IMO. Suarez was only class for a matter of seconds, the rest of the game was hardly good from Uruguay but England couldn't finish their dinner let alone enough chances to win the game.
suarez was superb tonight, two good goals and a constant threat. His all round performance tonight was brilliant, as for the rest of the uruguay teamn they are very average. Infact they were terrible at the back for most part, suarez and cavani are lethal. Cavani did not do a lot in terms of excitement but I think he played a decent game. Back to suarez, imo he played very well. I've seen him play a lot better but he was good tonight. A class player can turn it on whenever, and he did. Yes I'm a huge suarez fan.

Yes me too. What other player would just come back from a knee op and score two goals in a world cup game.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player, he is, but that loss can't be put solely down to Suarez being good. England were very poor.

nah it wernt all suarez, as you say we were poor. If we played well we probably would have won, but if suarez wernt on that field uruguay would not have won.

I know the size of a country doesn't equate to how good you should be but Uruguay have a population of 3m. Croatia 4m. They are able to produce far better technically gifted players that we are able to. How is this possible?

because we overhype players from a certain club. If Henderson, Johnson, sterling played for villa they wouldn't be anyway near the England starting 11 - until we sort that we are competing with one hand tied behind our back

Yep - i watched them narrowly beat us at VP - and even more fortunate to get a point at anfield. Sterling was out of the side when they were in there purple patch - Henderson is distinctly average..you have to include Gerrard for his experience - but hes often not performed at these tournaments - and has been very poor in both games

however if you heard a sky commentator say they are scintillating......then on its goes...

Did you even watch Liverpool last season? They were scintillating, and it wasn't all Suarez.

I was surprised at how very average uruguay were. I'm not to familiar with international football, but I thought they were better than that. Obviously they have a lethal strike force, but they are really dodgy at the back. Suarez wernt fully fit and I think near the end you could tell, it was only england after all though, so maybe I am bigging him up to much. I think they will prefer playing against italy's style of play.

I think they were far better than they were against Costa Rica

**** talk sport starting a "why didn't we take Carroll" debate

Get ****

Lambert deserved to go, from tonight I can remember one ball being booted in towards lambert and his jump was deemed a foul, Carroll wouldn't stand a chance, plus I love how the answer to us dropping and getting rid of overrated players such as welbeck would be Andy Carroll...

• Like 1

I know the size of a country doesn't equate to how good you should be but Uruguay have a population of 3m. Croatia 4m. They are able to produce far better technically gifted players that we are able to. How is this possible?

because we overhype players from a certain club. If Henderson, Johnson, sterling played for villa they wouldn't be anyway near the England starting 11 - until we sort that we are competing with one hand tied behind our back

Yep - i watched them narrowly beat us at VP - and even more fortunate to get a point at anfield. Sterling was out of the side when they were in there purple patch - Henderson is distinctly average..you have to include Gerrard for his experience - but hes often not performed at these tournaments - and has been very poor in both games

however if you heard a sky commentator say they are scintillating......then on its goes...

Did you even watch Liverpool last season? They were scintillating, and it wasn't all Suarez.

Right, because we were the only team they played last season.

All three (Gerrard, Sterling, Henderson) were terrific last season.

I don't give a shit about england anymore, tonight was the first time I've watched a full game in years. Tonights result don't bother me in the slightest, when villa lose, I'm in a bad mood. If we won the world cup I'd quickly forget about it.

I was surprised at how very average uruguay were. I'm not to familiar with international football, but I thought they were better than that. Obviously they have a lethal strike force, but they are really dodgy at the back. Suarez wernt fully fit and I think near the end you could tell, it was only england after all though, so maybe I am bigging him up to much. I think they will prefer playing against italy's style of play.

I think they were far better than they were against Costa Rica

did not see that game, but I heard they were terrible. They looked decent going forward tonight, as I said I think italy's style of play will suit uruguay. If they can up their performance again I think they might beat them. We'll probaly draw with costa rica, I said at the start I can't see us winning a game.

Don't see the problem with people putting club before country to be honest.

I hate this debate, why does it have to be one or the other?

It doesn't, but if people are complaining about Liverpool fans being happy for a Liverpool player rather than being upset about England then this point comes up.

Yep - i watched them narrowly beat us at VP - and even more fortunate to get a point at anfield. Sterling was out of the side when they were in there purple patch - Henderson is distinctly average..you have to include Gerrard for his experience - but hes often not performed at these tournaments - and has been very poor in both gameshowever if you heard a sky commentator say they are scintillating......then on its goes...Did you even watch Liverpool last season? They were scintillating, and it wasn't all Suarez.
 Right, because we were the only team they played last season. All three (Gerrard, Sterling, Henderson) were terrific last season.

ok - but there form mysteriously deserted them against 2 also ran national sides....

Surely having to sing 'god save our gracious queen...long to reign over us' puts you guys on a downer before you even begin. I'd be embarrassed. Try changing your national anthem.

On a more practical note, try teaching home grown kids to pass.

Where are you from, Kingfisher? Just out of interest? I'm not going to go anywhere xenophobic with this, I'm just curious.

Changing the national anthem won't do anything, and our home grown kids can pass, they just don't do it quick enough.

We should have our kids play Futsal from an early age like other countries do.

• Like 1

My other half on England "why are they so flat it's like they don't know what to do" & she knows zip about football.

Baines in the first half taking throw ins & no options at all...basic lack of movement to create space from outfield players. It's so poor, did we even string 3 or more passes together in the first half?