Roy Keane

TrentVilla

If Keane can instil that bit of grit and determination the team needs to grind out a few crucial points then I guess he will be worth it.

We will never see his impact or influence on a consistent basis because the quality just isn't there. I don't think any coach or manager could make us consistently perform because a lot of the teams we face each week will just simply be better than us. We have to rely on the odd surprise and try and get something from the teams around us.

As I've said before it's fine margins at the bottom and every single point is going to be crucial for us.

Edited by Amo69

Q: "Obviously the club is in limbo right now, being up for sale after having struggled the last few years"

A: "Yeah.. Yeah.. Like lots of clubs"

He hints at 1 or 2 more signings possibly which is a good thing

OK, I confess I am struggling to think of all these other clubs that are "in limbo, being up for sale after having struggled for the last few years".

Any offers?

Everton?

If Lambert was sacked I can't see Keane taking his place, pretty harsh thing to take your mates job.

Say Lambert was sacked on a Thursday and we had a game on the Saturday then Keane would surely be the logical caretaker option rather than going back to Sid again?

I agree Mantis, I think Lambert's position is stronger not weaker on the back of this appointment.

On a day by day basis yes. The elephant in the room is he has less than 12 months on his deal to go which is pretty rare for prem managers, they either get new deals or leave by mutual consent.

Q: "Obviously the club is in limbo right now, being up for sale after having struggled the last few years"

A: "Yeah.. Yeah.. Like lots of clubs"

He hints at 1 or 2 more signings possibly which is a good thing

OK, I confess I am struggling to think of all these other clubs that are "in limbo, being up for sale after having struggled for the last few years".

Any offers?

Everton?

To be honest I think he was saying that lots of clubs have struggled, he mentioned it again later in the conference too. He has a point to be fair, we aren't the only ones to have been in a sticky situation these last few years and we won't be the last, there is always a way out.

I think Newcastle aswell...barely signed anyone in the last year and sure Ashley would sell if he had a decent offer.

Not seen todays news then? They've just signed Ajax skipper De Jong for a few million £

Yeah their first cash signing since January 2013 isn't it? So not signing anyone permanently for 18 months indicates the owner isn't exactly in it 100%,

Looks like Cabaye's replacement, they're in big trouble if he's as productive as his brother was. Dutch footballer watchers, decent player or not? I read he was injured for half of last season.

Edited by VillaChris

I agree Mantis, I think Lambert's position is stronger not weaker on the back of this appointment.

On a day by day basis yes. The elephant in the room is he has less than 12 months on his deal to go which is pretty rare for prem managers, they either get new deals or leave by mutual consent.

My guess is he'll get a new deal if the club isn't sold by the start of the season.

My guess is he'll get a new deal if the club isn't sold by the start of the season.

I can't see that happening.

Ah, yes, Everton, Newcastle and Villa. Like peas in a pod as far as our financial, situation, squad strength and league position are concerned!

I'm not sure that's meant to be taken as literally as you're taking it. I understood him to mean that lots of clubs have been struggling for the past couple of years, which is true.

Ah, yes, Everton, Newcastle and Villa. Like peas in a pod as far as our financial, situation, squad strength and league position are concerned!

Only I think this was the point Keane was making. Everton didn't have a pot to piss in and were down on their luck before Moyes turned them around, Newcastle had massive debt after their own attempt at breaking the glass ceiling of the PL and had a few dodgy years including a relegation.

Both clubs sorted themselves out, as in time I'm sure we will do.

That is the point I think Keane was making or at least that is how I interpreted as it makes a little more sense than thinking he was implying that other teams were mirror images of us at this particular point in time.

• Like 4

Rarher had a new manager of course, but as things stand Lambert needs all the help he can get.

Keane is not my first choice by far, but Im sure he has some things to offer.

Also sure he's clever enough to know that if things goes south in the first half of the season Keane is the natural first choice to take over after Lambert.

Unless he goes Culverhouse on some of the players this is a win win job for Ol' Keano

I think Newcastle aswell...barely signed anyone in the last year and sure Ashley would sell if he had a decent offer.

Why would he sell,  he has a club that he puts no money into, his sports direct logo plastered everywhere every game, tons of free adverting, buys cheap players, sell them for profits, pays low wages relatively speaking, 50k+ gates every other week, raking in tons in PL money.

That guy is laughing his arse off all the way to the bank,

Edited by rodders0223

When Keane answered that question I think he was referring to other teams that have struggled like Villa rather than other teams that are supposedly for sale like VIlla. So I don't think he had Newcastle or Everton on his mind at all. If anybody perhaps a team like Sunderland.

• Like 3

When Keane answered that question I think he was referring to other teams that have struggled like Villa rather than other teams that are supposedly for sale like VIlla. So I don't think he had Newcastle or Everton on his mind at all. If anybody perhaps a team like Sunderland.

Also a very plausible explanation. 

Â