I loved World Cup 2006 too - was pretty good on the 360 despite the console having only just come out.

IIRC the first FIFA to "overtake" Pro Evo was 07 - that was when they made the physics a lot more fluid. I've always played FIFA even though Pro Evo's gameplay was better until about 7 or 8 years ago.

FIFA 04 or 01 were the best

I had FIFA 04 and thought it was utterly dreadful to be honest

Wasn't that the one where you could control the off the ball runner?  Everybody ran at the same pace and there was no way to get by players.

That was the Fifa that allowed Pro Evo to take over I think

Yep. You controlled one other player by using the right stick. But seeing as you were using your right thumb for that, it was impossible to control them AND press pass at the same time. Meaning if you made a player make a run, he always had to stop before you passed so it made through balls pointless.

But it didn't matter. You could chip the ball up to your striker, chest it down on the edge of the box, turn and shoot and you wouldn't get tackled. It basically meant you got a free shot every time.

Rubbish.

IMO, Fifa 10 was when the momentum shifted from Pro Evo to Fifa, for me and my friends at least. We loved Pro Evo ever since Pro Evo 2, and that was the ultimate footy game for us. But Pro Evo then became stagnant, and didn't really improve when it went on to the 360 and PS3. Pro Evo 6 was a great game, but 07 was a bit of a mess and didn't really recover after that.

Fifa though, to their credit went from strength to strength and got better and better. The one rigid game play got smoother and smoother and more free, which is what the fans wanted, as they already had all the licences and stuff,

• Like 1

Benteke is an absolute monster on this game. 

Really? I thought he'd be shit because EA don't rate players on ability (usually) but on who they play for and how fashionable said team are.

Edited by Mantis

How are some people playing this game? It's not out til Friday.

EA Early Access on the XbOne

Benteke is an absolute monster on this game. 

Really? I thought he'd be shit because EA don't rate players on ability (usually) but on who they play for and how fashionable said team are.

Yeah, been playing online and he scores 2 a game easily. He's not that fast on this one but he wins everything in the air!

Just bought it from the USA Xbox Live store and paid £20 for it! (Well, £40 but sharing the game digitally with my bro)

Release day is tomorrow too.

If anyone is interested in how...

1. Register an account with Borderlinx (it's free) and they will email you a USA address

2. Create a new VCC (Virtual Credit Card) with Entropay and put the cost of the game on the VCC from your debit card. 

3. Change your Xbox location to USA, then reboot.

4. Go to store, find FIFA15 pre-order and click buy game

5. Then you'll be asked to add a credit card, so add the VCC and use the address sent to you by Borderlinx

6. Install and play til tomorrow. 

This is incredibly unlikely to get you banned but there's a small chance, but.... no one has ever been banned for buying a game from the USA store so I doubt they will start now. 

Edited by PieFacE

I'd rather just wait :lol:

What a ball ache!

Takes less than 10minutes to be honest... 

Pretty much the equivalent of logging into paypal and adding money to your account.  Save £15 too for 10minutes of hassle. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â