End of Season Awards

andykeenan

Club can't be spending money whilst a sale is going through.

That must be it. Yeah, that's it.

I hope they told the players earlier than this.. not that I feel sorry for them as such, but I don't think they should be any more demoralised about being at Aston Villa than they are already, not with transfer window opening.

Club can't be spending money whilst a sale is going through.

That must be it. Yeah, that's it.

I hope they told the players earlier than this.. not that I feel sorry for them as such, but I don't think they should be any more demoralised about being at Aston Villa than they are already, not with transfer window opening.

They're nowhere near as demoralised about them being at the club as a lot of fans are.

• Like 2

Villa head of media Brian Doogan tweeted: “In light of today’s announcement & disappointing end to season, decision taken to cancel end of season dinner #avfc “

Villa head of media Brian Doogan tweeted: “In light of today’s announcement & disappointing end to season, decision taken to cancel end of season dinner #avfc “

Lerner probably saw the quote from the catering company and thought "**** that!"

Poor form by the club, we've had a poor season but the event was sold out and people had made arrangements to go to that function.

Was probably cancelled to the clubs convenience

Villa 2013/14 End of Season Awards

Players' Player of the Year Fabian Delph

Goal of the Season

1 Fabian Delph v Chelsea

2 Christian Benteke  v Norwich

3 Fabian Delph v Albion.

Fans' Young Player of the Year Leandro Bacuna

Players' Young Player of the Year Leandro Bacuna

Fans Player of the Year Fabian Delph

Turkish Airlines Player of the Year Fabian Delph

Edited by andykeenan
  • Like 2

Delph cleaned up. No surprise there.

Yes thoroughly deserved. He went off the boil towards the end of the season but overall did very well. Also scored three winning goals which could well have been the difference between staying up and getting relegated. That goal against Chelsea will live long in the memory.

Â