Kevin Vogt

PauloBarnesi

Aston Villa and Hull City to do battle for German star Kevin Vogt

Aston Villa and Hull City will compete this summer to sign Kevin Vogt, the highly-rated Germany Under-21 midfielder from Augsburg.

With Premier League safety now assured for both sides, they are looking to their summer recruitment and have identified 22-year-old Vogt as one of their main targets.

Vogt, thought of as one of the most promising young midfielders in Germany, has been an important part of the Augsburg side who are set for the best season in their history. They are currently eighth in the Bundesliga, in their third season in the top flight, just one point away from a Europa League place, with three games left.

Augsburg have become one of the league’s most exciting counter-attacking sides under young coach Markus Weinzierl, and Vogt has been a key part of their progress. The 6ft 5in holding midfielder has impressed with his workrate, and his defensive and creative abilities. He has made 27 appearances in the Bundesliga this season.

Vogt began his career as a centre-back in the Bochum academy, alongside İlkay Gündogan, now at Borussia Dortmund, and  Matthias Ostrzolek, a left-back who is now also at Augsburg. Vogt broke into the Bochum first team as a teenager before joining Augsburg in summer 2012. He has represented Germany at Under-18, Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 levels.

Villa and Hull might see more quality in midfield as a priority this summer, with Hull also hoping to secure Jake Livermore on a permanent deal from Tottenham.

In the Independent

I really wonder how that process works. I know many of them read stuff and just take it on a whim and post it, but I wonder how such things pan out. Is there any articles or research done on this stupid stuff? Like why did they pick Vogt and not Leitner or Goretzka. It`s pretty silly but obviously some stuff is legit, so I wonder where they cross the line(do they?)

I remember hearing a journo from (I think) the Daily Mail talking one or two seasons ago about how football hacks get their "scoops"

Basically, the sources of stories seem to be:

1. Phone agents and ask them if anything is going on.

2. Talk to fellow football journos to see if they have any info they want to share

3. Speculate.

Probably most comes from agents so this will essentially be Vogts's agent announcing his availability to the wider football market and maybe reflecting some contact from clubs

SSN

A host of Premier League clubs are showing an interest in highly-rated German Under-21 international midfielder Kevin Vogt, Sky Sports can confirm.

6ft 5in Vogt has been a huge presence in the midfield of FC Augsburg since joining them last summer, and he played a pivotal role in their hugely impressive campaign which saw them finish eighth in the Bundesliga.

However, Vogt's displays have brought him to the attention of a host of Premier League clubs - who are ready to make a move for the 22-year-old - who has just 12-months left on his current deal.

The likes of Aston Villa, Hull City, Southampton, Stoke and newly promoted Leicester City are all amongst the clubs reportedly showing a strong interest in Vogt - who looks ideally suited to the Premier League.

Jamie MacLaurin of OmniSports Management, who represent the player in Britain, insisted no decision had yet been made about Vogt.

"Kevin has had an exceptional season, and we can't deny that off the back of that there are a number of clubs who have expressed an interest," he told Sky Sports.

"However, there are no bids on the table and until that point, we cannot say anymore."

Â