On the move again

NurembergVillan

After six years back in the UK, following six years in Nuremberg and another one in Amsterdam, today I handed my notice in at work in preparation for my next big move.

In the middle of July (a month after we get back from our wedding in Greece) we'll be packing up and shipping out to live in Vancouver.  We made the decision and I signed the contract at the end of last year so it's been a long old wait.

We're very excited and a little bit scared.  Kind of what life's supposed to be like, I guess.

One of the few negatives (or maybe positives!) is that I'll be in a totally different timezone than Villa, and most of you, so I'll be waking up to see the scores rather than sitting here arguing with you lot.  I'll also have to start supporting my local team there, the Whitecaps, so I can look forward to the joys of Nigel Reo-Coker all over again!

Wish me luck...!

Good luck mate, hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

Thanks folks.  I've got to survive my stag weekend before I can start getting really excited.  A weekend in Brum starting tomorrow!

We went to Vancouver for 4 days last December to decide if we wanted to live there.  Even though it was -8C and snowing we saw enough to think we could probably settle in.  It still doesn't feel real yet though.

Any local area tips are welcome, any potential hook-ups (heid3ster) likely to be accepted too!

Do you know where you'll be living, NV? Prices have skyrocketed in the last few years but with the sky train, commuting is fairly easy so the lower mainland, even out as far as Richmond or Surrey.

I've spent a lot of time in Vancouver over the years so feel free to pm me and I'll help if I can.

• Like 1

Great country, great city. You'll love it, very laid back people and atmosphere. Good luck!

I hope to move back to my country of birth one day, Vancouver is a possibly.

Wait... you're Canadian? It's not like you've never mentioned that before... ;)

Good luck with move NV, add another one to the jealous pile over here. I've never been to Canada but I love the indie rock music scene over there and I've got some friends over there and they're all lovely people. I'm sure you'll settle in just fine. If there's any writing jobs going for your new place of work, send 'em my way.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Vancouver seems like a great place. Doesn't get super cold in the winter either, like most of Canada. You'll have the Canucks for ice hockey as well. Their fans are a bit mental, though...

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

You making Canadian football jerseys from now on NV?

Nope, having a break from football but still within sport.  Working for these http://www.lululemon.co.uk/products/category/men You may not have heard of them yet but you will...

Do you know where you'll be living, NV? Prices have skyrocketed in the last few years but with the sky train, commuting is fairly easy so the lower mainland, even out as far as Richmond or Surrey.

I've spent a lot of time in Vancouver over the years so feel free to pm me and I'll help if I can.

You're not kidding!  I was shocked at the rental prices.  We're aiming to live in Kitsilano, near the office.  I'll send you a PM in the next few days for sure.  Thanks.

Great country, great city. You'll love it, very laid back people and atmosphere. Good luck!

I hope to move back to my country of birth one day, Vancouver is a possibly.

Wait... you're Canadian? It's not like you've never mentioned that before... ;)

Good luck with move NV, add another one to the jealous pile over here. I've never been to Canada but I love the indie rock music scene over there and I've got some friends over there and they're all lovely people. I'm sure you'll settle in just fine. If there's any writing jobs going for your new place of work, send 'em my way.

Cheers.  Yeah, looking forward to seeing some live music myself.  Recommend any local bands?

Â