New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Something like this would look cool 150501-logo-1968-1993.jpgbut Villa

150501-logo-primary.jpg

2015-Present

The centerpiece of the new brand is the new Buck emblem. The new Buck is only looking ahead, an imposing figure determined and focused on the path in front of him. Several features chronicle the transformation of the team into an undeniable force:

1. An expanded rack (from 8 to 12 points) showing the maturation of the Buck, and underlining the point that he has become an even greater force.
  2. The basketball feature in the negative space between the antlers.
  3. The M Shape within the chest chevron as an homage to Milwaukee
  4. With hard edges that appear almost cut from metal, and industrial but classic proprietary font juxtaposed against the curvature of the logo represents a symbolic union of urban and rural Wisconsin.

Some good ideas there, I wonder if Las Vegas Villains will use the same badge

Edited by useless
https://www.nba.com/bucks/history/logo-nickname
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jas10 said:

This is nice, particularly the one on the right. The yellow lion against the claret background with a blue border is my favourite colour scheme. Not too fussed about whether we have a circle or shield. Don't need a star.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

It’s not just a J though it looks like JJ. I can see the simplicity of it but also why people don’t like it

Oh I can see why people don't like it. It's very modern and that's not for everybody. Like I said I don't think I'd want us to go down that road.

I just think it's underappreciated how clever and cool it is.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know this probably wont be popular but i think having then lion on the badge yellow is more eye catching than claret

Totally, just look at the difference:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Totally, just look at the difference:

spacer.png

spacer.png

This highlights one if the issues for me. We have three colours, one of which is the background of the shirt. The other two which are reasonably close in terms of contrast. On our current badge the lion is hard to distinguish against the background. In the above images, the lion is clear on the top badge but the name isn't, on the lower badge the lion is less clear (although still better than our current badge) but the name is clearer.

I still think there must be another approach to resolve this - maybe use less blue and more yellow? Or just drop the circle/badge entirely?

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know this probably wont be popular but i think having then lion on the badge yellow is more eye catching than claret

Maybe even just a gold lion on it’s own with or without  star… no outline

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, sne said:

This one looks nice.

Imo, it doesn’t stand out enough. Overall, the shirt looks a bit plain or bland - too simplistic.

Gold lion is much more noticeable, imo.

A little controversial but with all the suggestions over the last few days it’s made me realise that our current crest/badge isn’t that bad at all. If it said Aston Villa rather than AVFC, I don’t think we’d be changing it.

It’s simple and more than ok on a match shirt etc.  I also think it’s ok on media platforms.

However, I’m not against a new crest/badge but it needs to remain simple and transferable onto media platforms easily. The problem with some of the suggestions I’ve seen is that they look nice close up but once condensed you can’t read the wording properly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

This highlights one if the issues for me. We have three colours, one of which is the background of the shirt. The other two which are reasonably close in terms of contrast. On our current badge the lion is hard to distinguish against the background. In the above images, the lion is clear on the top badge but the name isn't, on the lower badge the lion is less clear (although still better than our current badge) but the name is clearer.

I still think there must be another approach to resolve this - maybe use less blue and more yellow? Or just drop the circle/badge entirely?

The only issue with the top one is that it’s white text against a light blue background. Claret text is the solution.

It’s important to have contrast.

Previous mock-ups posted on this thread work better with the colour scheme such as the bottom two here:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Imo, it doesn’t stand out enough. Overall, the shirt looks a bit plain or bland - too simplistic.

Gold lion is much more noticeable, imo.

Yeah would be fine with that too. But I like that badge better than the one above.

Hard to read the text so just looks like a yellow lion in a blue circle.

This one but with a golden lion should work imo

FWGRbOIUEAIMWRs?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

A little controversial but with all the suggestions over the last few days it’s made me realise that our current crest/badge isn’t that bad at all. If it said Aston Villa rather than AVFC, I don’t think we’d be changing it.

It’s simple and more than ok on a match shirt etc.  I also think it’s ok on media platforms.

However, I’m not against a new crest/badge but it needs to remain simple and transferable onto media platforms easily. The problem with some of the suggestions I’ve seen is that they look nice close up but once condensed you can’t read the wording properly.

Main issue is that the light blue doesn’t allow the yellow lion to stand out, especially from a distance. Plus, it also looks too small and is dominated by AVFC - text is too large. Contrast is the “key word” for today 😆

It can certainly be improved, no doubt about that. But personally I never had a massive issue with it.

I would love something more classy and noticeable. A nice shade of gold rather than yellow and it would probably require a claret background. Maybe the colours just need switching around more than anything.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah would be fine with that too. But I like that badge better than the one above.

Post above yours seems to provide the best solution in terms of colour scheme.

Just one element being the wrong colour can spoil the whole design.

Claret text on blue, gold lion on claret - I think that’s best. White text doesn’t work.

29 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’m not advocating but I wonder  if they’ll ditch the rampant lion and go with a fresh approach. 

4C73516C-C100-41A3-9286-D0512CDDB66A.jpeg

The rampant lion stretches right back to William McGregor and is in fact a Scottish lion. It’s not that I can’t see the possibilities and some advantages of change, but I think it’s pretty much an untouchable. 

I don’t think we’ll go back to a circular design because it’s part of our past and I think the club wants to be looking toward the future, I think we’ll end up with something simple and modern, which will no doubt polarise opinions.

45 minutes ago, sne said:

I agree - I think the text of Aston Villa and the lion need to be gold. Especially if we want consistency in branding. That is what makes us more unique.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Enda said:

Few years back I worked for a company that got brand consultants in. Cost about €12,000. Villa’s will cost more, maybe ten times as much, but we need to remember even that’s only a week’s wages for Danny Ings.

It’s about time Danny earned his dosh and spent sometime on his laptop then. Provided he can get it done in a week, this is not a blank cheque situation.