New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, est1874 said:

To me, those are our proper colours, dunno about anyone else. 

And that 'crest' is basically what I've proposed above, but with Aston above it and Villa below.

Sadly on that 1969-70 kit, the lion stayed put and the blue sleeves wandered off!

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’m actually surprised how many are happy with the current crest on the poll. It’s looked weird since inception to me. It just seems so random and jumbled together. 

Agreed.

I've been moaning about it like a spoilt brat for years. Lol

• Like 1

I would love to see the lion from the 90s return (itself modernised from an earlier 70s version) with Aston and Villa upon a circular crest - but the outer circle is thinner. I don't have Photoshop so I disgress to more talented people, but I've always loved that lion on the stripes (inside the gold circle which I couldn't do) haha.

NHGfUMu.png

Edited by The_Steve
  • Shocked 1

I’ve never liked the claret lion, too dark to stand out. It should be proper gold yellow on a proper Villa blue background. Claret band with yellow borders round it with the font in yellow. 

• Like 1

A big problem I have with modern football is the death of identity in branding - I really don't like having our crest match the colour of whatever away/third kit we have. I'd much rather it stay consistent - keep the golden lion golden whatever they decide next.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ve never liked the claret lion, too dark to stand out. It should be proper gold yellow on a proper Villa blue background. Claret band with yellow borders round it with the font in yellow. 

But yellow on light blue is the entire problem with current badge. It's a terrible combination of colours with no contrast and just looks like a washed out mess. Yellow on claret I'm fine with, that looks good.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

But yellow on light blue is the entire problem with current badge. It's a terrible combination of colours with no contrast and just looks like a washed out mess. Yellow on claret I'm fine with, that looks good.

In the colours they’ve chosen yes but in the old Villa shades of claret and blue it will be fine 

I’d imagine the new visual identity launch will coincide with the launch of Villa Las Vegas and be shared & used for both clubs in terms of branding… off topic but I think this has to the badge for the vegas franchise. 

A7900A52-6AAB-4E3B-A51A-5DDAC68725EF.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

Why does the star need to be white? Can't it be gold/yellow as well like the rest of the badge.

Looks goofy with that white dot. And I'm not a huge fan of the placing of it either, looks like it's about to hit the lion in the noggin.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I’d imagine the new visual identity launch will coincide with the launch of Villa Las Vegas and be shared & used for both clubs in terms of branding…

Hope not, new US sport logos are usually boring, bland and simple in a bad way. Obviously there are some great ones but those are mostly older ones.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Hope not, new US sport logos are usually boring, bland and simple in a bad way. Obviously there are some great ones but those are mostly older ones.

I don’t think the MLS logos are that bad … 

BCC67D34-F0F5-4D35-8053-0184239BDA4D.jpeg

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I don’t think the MLS logos are that bad … 

BCC67D34-F0F5-4D35-8053-0184239BDA4D.jpeg

Think most of them looks like something you get on a video game that doesn't have naming or brand rights to use the real ones.

Only the City and Red Bull ones are OK imo and those are European franchises. But I guess so will Las Vegas be.