$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'll send the recipe if you like.

But while we're waiting for my rich cousins to swoop in, does anybody think that three signings this week (Gardner, Robinson, Keane) mean that there is some progress on the sale?

It may not be a lot of money.  But the club is signing some contracts which equal financial commitment into the future.  I thought letting Albrighton go was an indication that we were far away from any deal, and unwilling to make any financial commitments that might not be what the next owner(s) want.  Saw that posted in this thread as well IIRC.  But if that meant no sale was in sight, then logically, this should equally indicate that some sort of deal is in process and potential buyers have stamped at least tentative approval on a few deals.

Again, I don't know anything, just reading the tea leaves. Which, in the absence of any information, is about all we have left. 

Think Randy will have to seriously reconsider how much he is willing to sell the club for.  I think even £125m would be a very good price for RL to get, given the state of the club.

Think Randy will have to seriously reconsider how much he is willing to sell the club for.  I think even £125m would be a very good price for RL to get, given the state of the club.

I think that the level of investment in the management and playing staff will have a huge affect on the price people are willing to pay. Ill judged and recently low levels of investment will have had a negative effect on our overall value and attractiveness as an investment and with the poor financial performance and new spending rules it will be difficult for any new owner to make an immediate effect. Lerner seems not to have ever understood the business of running a club and the forcing out of people such as Steve Stride has cost him dearly.

I'm starting to think it'll be somebody mega rich or nobody at all. Sadly out of those two choices the nobody at all part seems the most likely.

Edited by useless

When the rumors about a takeover became news, I got really excited. Who doesn't love talk of a billionaire taking over our club and millions to spend on new players.

Two months later we have hired Roy Keane as well as signing Joe Cole and Senderos. Shoot me!

• Like 3

I think we all were a bit naive to think Lerner putting the club up for sale would be the start of great things. I'm sure things will look brighter one day.

Just not for a few more years yet.

Well Randy basically said that his heart is no longer in it anymore. A bit of an ill advised thing to say. I'm hoping that at least one of Abdul or K are right with the information they had.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Hmmm - maybe Al Batan isn't the hopeless spoof that I first thought....

Continue..

Sorry really nothing to get excited about. Just some overnight  posts about Al Batan (which seemed within VT guidelines) - were all removed early this morning.

The posts didn't contain any exciting info - more as to whether he was feasible buyer.....

Apologies again - Ive got everyones hopes up over nothing - I shouldn't have made the half assed post...

Stand Down VT.

If posts were removed it would have been because they breached one or more of the site guidelines.

Posts are not removed to sensor information. It would be wise for people not to get excited every time a post is removed, thinking its a sign of something happening given peoples seemingly never ending propensity for posting off topic in this thread. :)