$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I actually think we have a group of players with lots of potential; all that we are lacking is the extra funding to push us on (which a new owner can hopefully provide). Blaming the players or Lambert for the takeover not happening (immediately) is crazy.

No but we can blame them for making us an undesirable purchase......I wouldn't spend £200m on that shower of shite. Potential ?.....Jesus wept.

That is a superficial issue IMO. I do not think recent league positions/performances makes a huge difference regarding a takeover, clubs are usually in a bad way/under-achieving state before they are sold. Although, I suppose, the perception and reputation of the team may be used as a negotiation tactic to get the price down.

What is so objectionable about my "potential" comment?

It isn't objectionable, it's just wrong.  The only potential most of them have is to take us down.

• Like 1

Why do numpties persist with this absolute bollocks

While there are people willing to lap it up then the self proclaimed in the knows will keep spouting their bullshit. We have a couple of them on here unfortunately.

Sorry guys but whenever I think of Villa now I just feel myself getting more and more depressed at the current situation our club is in. I just can't get myself motivated for the coming season if we still have Lerner here with the lack of investment in the squad,

Why are people always so concerned with changing thread titles? There's no point in changing it other than for superficial reasons and it would mess with the Google searches.

Anyway, I don't think much is going on with this. I was hoping that this supposed deal that was in advanced stages may be resurrected but after so much time has passed I assume it's dead in the water and we're hoping for new interest. Sad times.

• Like 2

Where's Abdulaziz when you need some ITK reassurance?

Well, I've read what's written. If my understanding of the article is right, I don't think it has anything that would change my thinking even if I didn't have an info about Al-Baltan.

And look what is said here in the article :

“Randy Lerner has grown increasingly frustrated at the club, but I don’t think announcing the club was up for sale before a buyer was in place has helped the process.

Do you think Lerner would announce that the club is for sale without having a buyer?

From our previous knowledge, Even with players costed nothing we've use to make it silently, so what do you think about a whole takeover?

It's not the way of our board.

We've been hearing since couple of years that Lerner wanting off. Yet he only announced it now. Do you think he was still interested ? Or he might have a buyer or a couple of them and he knows they're interested and they've agreed the price atleast?

<< I'm talking here without even mentioning what I've heard from the people who gave me the information or even what we're certain about with knowing that Al-Baltan is interested in buying an English team.

Anyway this article haven't changed my understanding of the situation. Ofcourse I could be wrong. But what I'm hearing also is certainly different.

It also says in the same article :

“Once a genuine buyer comes forward, I would think you are looking at at least a period of three months to complete a sale,” 

I'm not even sure when did they agree their negotiations "if they did already". I don't think the club would say anything until everything is finished. So there is a good chance that they've agreed everything (as I've been told) and yet haven't finalized anything.

Anyway I still don't have any further information.

Where's Abdulaziz when you need some ITK reassurance?

Well, I've read what's written. If my understanding of the article is right, I don't think it has anything that would change my thinking even if I didn't have an info about Al-Baltan.

And look what is said here in the article :

“Randy Lerner has grown increasingly frustrated at the club, but I don’t think announcing the club was up for sale before a buyer was in place has helped the process.

Do you think Lerner would announce that the club is for sale without having a buyer?

From our previous knowledge, Even with players costed nothing we've use to make it silently, so what do you think about a whole takeover?

It's not the way of our board.

We've been hearing since couple of years that Lerner wanting off. Yet he only announced it now. Do you think he was still interested ? Or he might have a buyer or a couple of them and he knows they're interested and they've agreed the price atleast?

<< I'm talking here without even mentioning what I've heard from the people who gave me the information or even what we're certain about with knowing that Al-Baltan is interested in buying an English team.

Anyway this article haven't changed my understanding of the situation. Ofcourse I could be wrong. But what I'm hearing also is certainly different.

It also says in the same article :

“Once a genuine buyer comes forward, I would think you are looking at at least a period of three months to complete a sale,”

I'm not even sure when did they agree their negotiations "if they did already". I don't think the club would say anything until everything is finished. So there is a good chance that they've agreed everything (as I've been told) and yet haven't finalized anything.

Anyway I still don't have any further information.

Im confused ? Do you have information or not ?

why do you think it unrealistic that Lerner puts the club up for sale - but has no buyer...to me that seems the entirely logical conclusion.

tell us what you know and how you know it

Shouldn't this thread be changed to £150 million takeover if reports are true Lerner is dropping the price?

there's a surprise.

Shouldn't this thread be changed to £150 million takeover if reports are true Lerner is dropping the price?

if it's being changed then "no hope of a takeover" gets my vote
  • Like 2

Yes and that is exactly what he did.

How are you so sure about that ? I don't think it's Lerner way. Try to remember last season with Benteke, I've even had a call from a Man Utd fan to tell me Benteke is going. When I read the announcement I knew that there was something strange in it. Because it says (We think he's going to stay with us). 

What I think about this club is that they don't announce money nor announce any deal unless it's finalized.

Maybe he didn't have a certain buyer, But I think he had some offers and negotiations which might not met the same price yet still there in case if the others haven't met the same price.

Abdul are you in Saudi Arabia mate?

Yes.

Out of interest what's the support for Villa like out there? Are we well known?

Also why on earth would anybody support them? ;)

If you want a true true true fan, There is only one other than me that I know. He actually signed up here before couple of days but he didn't know how to put posts.

I know couple of people who just watch the games with us and just support them because they know we rarely get happy with a win. 

We are well known in those who watches european football. But mostly doesn't know how big the club is! I've been angry couple of times when some people couldn't know the difference between Villa and West Ham ! Some of them thinks I support West Ham ! haha.

And why I've supported them ? It's a long story, I hated Villa as the most team I hate 2004, Yet I liked them in the same year ! haha. But I just used to check the results later as I stopped watching european leagues because I've been to the USA for a while. Long story which I might talk about later. lol.

• Like 1