$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Just because he's asscociated through the Doyen Group with some talented players doesn't meant to say it would benefit us unless we had the funds, I'm sure they wouldn't arrive here as a favour.

And what about people saying they'd buy the club in a leverage style maybe that's how we'd buy players too. Isn't that what Hedge Funds are all about?

They own a stake in Falco and we were offered Falco for 10million when ONeill went for Heskey instead. So Alfie has already been trying to use our club as a feeder club in the past.

I all for it, the last regime got crucified for having no football people around them, these guys are clearly involved with the business. Don't think it's likely though, just my feeling.

• Like 1

I think it would be quite exciting to be honest, would certainly be a different approach to what Lerner is doing now so I'm all for change. Could be a disaster, could be a stroke of genius. Dunno, I just want to enjoy going to Villa Park again, this dude may be able to bring in a few players who can make the experience a bit more pleasurable. 

• Like 2

I'm usually a sceptic but even I don't really get the outrage over this one. The fact he owns a sports group which has access to an extensive scouting network and many contacts within the game makes me believe that he'd be exactly the sort of guy who knows how to run a football club.

His moral sanctity really isn't that big an issue to me although as already clarified, there isn't enough evidence to go around labelling him a terrorist-dealer etc. Regarding the prostitution thing, he was acquitted and incase anyone has missed it, the basic principal is that you have to assume that acquittal equals innocence unless evidence comes along to suggest otherwise.

Edit: Also we've had a 'nicey-nicey' owner in Lerner and look what a joke he has proven to be.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 4

Just because he's asscociated through the Doyen Group with some talented players doesn't meant to say it would benefit us unless we had the funds, I'm sure they wouldn't arrive here as a favour.

And what about people saying they'd buy the club in a leverage style maybe that's how we'd buy players too. Isn't that what Hedge Funds are all about?

An example I've used already is Leandro Damiao, they own a 70% stake in him already.

As much as he isn't literally the man going to clubs and buying these players, he is the guy who finances the deals and pays whoemver is making the deals happen.

As for us needing money, anybody willing to spend circa £200m on a football club must have some serious cash behind them. Doyen Group have already announced that they're obtaining 4 new financial partners, as I've already said, it isn't going to be this fella all on his own.

I love how these thing gain momentum.

FWIW, I think theres probably some legs in this one and possibly one of the American 'interests'. Not entirely sold on it yet, but maybe the old traditions have no place in todays market much anymore? Shame, if that's so, but there you go.

I'm usually a sceptic but evem I don't really get the outrage over this one. The fact he owns a sports group which has access to an extensive scouting network and many contacts within the game makes me believe that he'd be exactly the sort of guy who knows how to run a football club.

His moral sanctity really isn't that big an issue to me although as already clarified, there isn't enough evidence to go around labelling him a terrorist-dealer etc. Regarding the prostitution thing, he was acquitted and incase anyone has missed it, the basic principal is that you have to assume that acquittal equals innocence unless evidence comes along to suggest otherwise.

Do you want Villa to be a feeder club for the big money bag teams year in year out? IMO this is why this boy is interested. With Fifa going to ban 3rd party ownership only other way round it is buy a club and let them own the player.

I dont care about what type of character he is to be fair but what i dont want us to be is a feeder club. We are the 4th most successful club in the best league in the world and are better than that. Epitomises everything that is wrong with football at the moment.

• Like 1

We do not know the intentions of this guy, but it is promising that he is associated with successful people within the football industry. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I'm usually a sceptic but even I don't really get the outrage over this one. The fact he owns a sports group which has access to an extensive scouting network and many contacts within the game makes me believe that he'd be exactly the sort of guy who knows how to run a football club.

Edit: Also we've had a 'nicey-nicey' owner in Lerner and look what a joke he has proven to be.

At least Lerner put money into local charities and the refurbishment of established entities already at the club.  At least we have a youth model and threads on this forum like "Jack Grealish" where we'd love to see another youngster given the chance to prove themselves at first team level.

This guy (if true, etc.) is basically us completely selling the soul of Aston Villa, becoming a money club and gaining plastic fans.  Maybe we're the next Man City?

Then again, this all seems to appease the majority of fans on here who want nothing more than;

a ) Money thrown at the club

b ) Success

Maybe that's all football is really about these days after all.

Edited by bobzy

I'm usually a sceptic but evem I don't really get the outrage over this one. The fact he owns a sports group which has access to an extensive scouting network and many contacts within the game makes me believe that he'd be exactly the sort of guy who knows how to run a football club.

Do you want Villa to be a feeder club for the big money bag teams year in year out? IMO this is why this boy is interested. With Fifa going to ban 3rd party ownership only other way round it is buy a club and let them own the player.

I dont care about what type of character he is to be fair but what i dont want us to be is a feeder club. We are the 4th most successful club in the best league in the world and are better than that. Epitomises everything that is wrong with football at the moment.

Every club outside of the top 4 is a feeder club. Look at Southampton already, being picked apart in an instant. We had the press calling for Arsenal to pry Benteke away from us just 4 months into his first season. Edited by samjp26

At least Lerner put money into local charities and the refurbishment of established entities already at the club. At least we have a youth model and threads on this forum like "Jack Grealish" where we'd love to see another youngster given the chance to prove themselves at first team level.

This guy (if true, etc.) is basically us completely selling the soul of Aston Villa, becoming a money club and gaining plastic fans. Maybe we're the next Man City?

Then again, this all seems to appease the majority of fans on here who want nothing more than;

b ) Success

Football is a game pal, you play games to win. I'd love to know what this soul is that people keep banging on about, is it our single European Cup? Wouldn't you rather we be trying to win another European Cup?

I also don't understand why you think we would stop having a youth setup all of a sudden.

Premier League FFP means that we couldn't spend more than we earn even if an owner was willing to bankroll us.

The Premier league FFP is more restrictive than Uefa FFP (but not as restrictive as Championship FFP). 

Are you sure about that? I am pretty sure the premier league FFP isn't as restrictive as UEFA's.

Correct

This thinking epitomises everything that is wrong with football at the moment.  "We are the 4th most successful club in the best league in the world!"

Because we've won so much so recently.

Hell, let's just get Preston North End back in the big time!

• Like 1

At least Lerner put money into local charities and the refurbishment of established entities already at the club. At least we have a youth model and threads on this forum like "Jack Grealish" where we'd love to see another youngster given the chance to prove themselves at first team level.

This guy (if true, etc.) is basically us completely selling the soul of Aston Villa, becoming a money club and gaining plastic fans. Maybe we're the next Man City?

b ) Success

Football is a game pal, you play games to win. I'd love to know what this soul is that people keep banging on about, is it our single European Cup? Wouldn't you rather we be trying to win another European Cup?

I also don't understand why you think we would stop having a youth setup all of a sudden.

**** nonsense to be honest mate.  I follow football because I love the game and Aston Villa were the club closest to my heart growing up.

In my lifetime, I've seen us win TWO TROPHIES.  That's 27 years of winning, essentially, **** all.  I have no entitlement to winning things.  I'd love to see us win another European Cup; I doubt this will happen.  Despite how most people feel about certain footballers, I love the fact we've fielded Agbonlahor, Albrighton, Delfouneso, Gardner etc. as local lads playing for a local team.

Chelsea have none.  Man City have none.  If this is the route we all want to take, fine - let's just get bought out by someone who has no emotional connection to the club and sell our soul.  If there is substantial financial backing, the youth setup will be obsolete; or, to further, it will exist but be pointless.  See: Chelsea, Man City.

If you're asking me what I'd prefer; a backer throwing £1bn at our playing staff at us being instantaneously successful or having a poor owner who cares for the club, but we get relegated I'd take the latter everytime.

• Like 1

At least Lerner put money into local charities and the refurbishment of established entities already at the club.  At least we have a youth model and threads on this forum like "Jack Grealish" where we'd love to see another youngster given the chance to prove themselves at first team level.

This guy (if true, etc.) is basically us completely selling the soul of Aston Villa, becoming a money club and gaining plastic fans.  Maybe we're the next Man City?

b ) Success

sorry mate...but...what absolute tosh.

You are putting 2+2 together and making a complete random number.

How can you draw any of those conclusions from a purely speculative piece in a newspaper ?

I dont care about his intentions and whether he makes Villa a feeder club but I do care about his moral opinions and whether he will try make Villa non family friendly club and still deal with charities like Acorns.

maybe its better the devil you know at the moment

• Like 2