$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

500 pages of comedy gold. Someone should make a 'clip post' taking the best parts of the past 500 pages and rolling them into one super post!

I agree - despite the gravity of the situation there have been some gems on this thread.....my personal favourite was

"Let my people go again' - by villa revolution I think...

• Like 1

Can I add this to the comedy gold on this thread.

Admin has reared his head on TBAR again and unfortunately I think signed the death knell for his rapidly dwindling credibility.

Admin wrote:

Hello again, 

The name I heard earlier is Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner). As I said, not a name that's shown up on my radar until now. Another source has said he's heard the name but could add no more than that. 

Where Sterling fits into this and how far down the track he is with it I'll try to find out for you but it looks like a deal WILL be completed this summer (cue jokes about the UK summer being 8 days)

As I'm sure you've read over and over, info coming out of Villa at the moment is extremely limited but I'll keep you updated when I can.

To say the Football Club is not worth £200M is nonsense.

The assets alone (the stadium, the training ground, the land the club owns, the players(ahem)) - all of this needs to be factored in.

Then there is the buisness itself, the guaranteed revenue and variable revenue.

The club is WORTH £200M of anyones money !   

Admin has reared his head on TBAR again and unfortunately I think signed the death knell for his rapidly dwindling credibility.

Admin wrote:

Hello again, 

The name I heard earlier is Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner). As I said, not a name that's shown up on my radar until now. Another source has said he's heard the name but could add no more than that. 

Where Sterling fits into this and how far down the track he is with it I'll try to find out for you but it looks like a deal WILL be completed this summer (cue jokes about the UK summer being 8 days)

As I'm sure you've read over and over, info coming out of Villa at the moment is extremely limited but I'll keep you updated when I can.

Jesus - I think mendi was more feasible

Admin wrote:

Hello again, 

Is this guy not getting told to bugger off over there?

Yeah he is which I think is probably wise.

Like all showman ITK he obviously got told something credible at some point (i.e. the Culverhouse stuff) but he has stretched the good will he earned from that way past breaking point now

The assets alone (the stadium, the training ground, the land the club owns, the players(ahem)) - all of this needs to be factored in.

We'll see?

8 years ago we were worth £62.5m so in 8 years our value has trebled? Any investor should be jumping at that return?

A companies worth is based on profit levels, turnover, assets, goodwill and potential. If a new owner buys us today to stay in the Prem they need to invest around £50m in new playing staff otherwise their £200m would be devalued to £50m to £100m in the Championship. That's a big risk and a big investment on top of the £200m.

Realistically if I was a buyer I would tell Lerner I will pay him the £200m less the £50m required for investment. A bit like if I was buying a house for £100k and the survey revealed I need a new roof at the cost of £25k, either pay £75k and get the roof fixed yourself or the seller does it and you pay the £100k. Personally I wouldn't trust Lerner or his management team to spend my £50m wisely so I'd pay the £150m and let my new management team spend the £50m.

So lots of the comments made on here and H&V about Eastie and co were completely correct.

TBAR has just lost all credibility and they are trying dig themselves out of the hole they have dug by letting the cat out of the bag by now saying we should have known that Admin wasnt a real person.

Poor show really.

I hope I'm wrong on this one, but this is my theory anyway:

I suspect that Randy has got sick of all the pelters he's been getting about being an awful owner. Lots of fans saying that he should bugger off and sell us to a billionaire.

He knew it would be inevitable that many would be calling for Paul Lamberts head after such a dissapointing season. He would be put under pressure to get rid of the manager when the he had done nothing wrong in his eyes. Remember the restrictions the manager has been working within regards players salaries etc. It's no wonder many of the players are struggling. Quality players play consistently well, that is the big difference with many of our players. They have their good games but more bad than good.

This I believe is Randy Lerner saying " OK, lets see who will come in and is prepared to pay £200 million for the club and then invest millions with no realsitic chance of getting that money back".

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, this is the real world and the Oligaths and Shelks are few and far between. We could be lucky, but as sad as it sounds this is a wake up call to where we are. A club that is operating on a budget and any progress will be slow.

A lot people seized on the fact that his statement had an element of 'goodbye' in it - with a sale starting to look some way off - I'm just wondering has he washed his hands of us ? - Like the Randy Lerner years were 2006-2014 - Whatever happens now isn't on his watch. Also looking at the prices that championship clubs go for, why would pay £200m for Aston Villa. 

I know Reading have debts which need to be paid - but the bidding price is £1 !!!!1 - buy that ...£30m on players  - would give you a decent crack at promotion - perhaps another £40 to keep them in the prem. Where as Aston Villa is £200m  - £30m to stay in the prem - perhaps £70-80m to make us competitive.

It would seem to me the value for money thing to do is to buy an ailing championship club.. 

Clubs like Reading simply don't have the potential of Villa.  Why not buy a Conference club for peanuts, spend ten million to get them up to the Championship and then take it from there?  It's doable but, at the end of the day, you will always be limited by infrastructure and demographics.

The fact is Villa are a large, historic club of 140 years standing.   They are one of the names in English football.   Just because Randy has run us into the ground these past four years, the potential and story behind the club remains the same. Looking at the some of the prices quoted for other big city English Premier League clubs I'm pretty certain 200 million quid for Villa would be viewed as a bargain.

A few notes of caution on this latest ITK offering from Admin, if any are still needed.

The owner of the Clippers franchise is Donald Sterling but he is rather busy at the moment. He recent made a rather racist comment which he really shouldn't have done and as a result is about to lose the franchise he has owned for 33 years.

He has until next Tuesday to sell the franchise or face the prospect of having it taken off him by the NBA.

With this in mind, I would have thought he has quite enough on his plate at the moment without trying to negotiate the purchase of a football club across the Atlantic. Wouldn't you?

I also think, given our press and their reputation, buying a PL club is the last thing someone who has just had a US team taken away from them due to racism would do.

So based on Admin's track record and the above which is very much a matter of public information I think this latest ITK snippet is, well, erm, not to be rude, probably best dismissed. That isn't based on ITK from me, just an assumption based on circumstance.

yeah there is no way Sterling would be investing in us, the problems he's got himself into with what he's said and the reaction means he's going to be a very busy man both being kicked out as an owner and then knowing him his retribution through the courts and by media. Also not sure he'd be very welcome with his views into this country and football, I'm sure there would be uproar from supporters and concern from governing bodies who are trying to kick racism out of football.

We'll see?

8 years ago we were worth £62.5m so in 8 years our value has trebled? Any investor should be jumping at that return?

A companies worth is based on profit levels, turnover, assets, goodwill and potential. If a new owner buys us today to stay in the Prem they need to invest around £50m in new playing staff otherwise their £200m would be devalued to £50m to £100m in the Championship. That's a big risk and a big investment on top of the £200m.

Realistically if I was a buyer I would tell Lerner I will pay him the £200m less the £50m required for investment. A bit like if I was buying a house for £100k and the survey revealed I need a new roof at the cost of £25k, either pay £75k and get the roof fixed yourself or the seller does it and you pay the £100k. Personally I wouldn't trust Lerner or his management team to spend my £50m wisely so I'd pay the £150m and let my new management team spend the £50m.

Buying a Premier League football club isn't like buying a house - they are very different kinds of assets operating within very different and varying dynamics.  For starters, buying a house won't guarantee you £70-odd million in prize money every year. Buying a club of Villa's potential and history for £200 million quid would be a bargain.