$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The sheer audacity. Sorry but this is making me mad. Constantly hoping that some news will come out but as more time goes on the less hope I have less. Would not surprise me if Lerner managed to **** this up as well :puke:

Melissa Parker (Smashing Interviews Magazine): Bob, how do you balance all that you do – work, sports, family?

Bob Rich: Sometimes I don’t. It’s difficult and challenging. I guess maybe in many ways I have a short attention span. I need to fill up my dance card. I need to keep busy. I’ve given up the day-to-day management of our company to a chosen successor, but I really feel I need many things going on all at once. That was one of the things that motivated me to become chairman of the Cleveland Clinic too. It was just a very exciting opportunity in healthcare and to work with a very good friend of mine who runs the clinic. I guess, like many people, Melissa, I have trouble saying no.

Can you give any details on the other curious one Trees?

Nope, not relevant.

If I started posting everything that comes through I would bore everyone, not just the few.

Should it appear relevant at any point , then I will advise.

• Like 2

If there was a deal close to being done I would imagine the club and the higher ups would be extra extra careful not to let any leaks out on who the buyer might be.

No, no - they even tell people in different departments who are right down the food chain.

Actually, I'm sitting on a bench facing the main Bank of America ML building now - I'll ask people who come out what they know because it's such common knowledge within the firm.

Ok then.

I was merely responding to someone saying someone from SSN or another reporter would have spotted Rob Rich looking around but you carry on.

I actually agree with your post. I think only a few employees know what's going on at Villa and only a few employees who work at BAML know what's going on. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

I've done some research and it seems Phillips Lytle have been the lawyers for Rich Product's for sometime, I have them representing at a case in1992 & 2001 & they have an article on their website from last August about Rich's donating a WW1 plane to a museum. 

Edited by Folski

Did anyone else notice in both interviews lambert did any questions regarding a potential sale were completely dodged and reflected away?

Also stated he may hear in "1 or 2 weeks" then quickly changed it to "6 months or a year or however long it takes to sell a club"

Personally this makes me think that there is some sort of offer on thw the table for us but he doesn't want to say anything on it incase it falls through. Also both interviewed seemed scripted. The same wording and phrases were used throughout both

• Like 1

I've done some research and it seems Phillips Lytle have been the lawyers for Rich Product's for sometime, I have them representing at a case in1992 & 2001 & they have an article on their website from last August about Rich's donating a WW1 plane to a museum.

Like i said previously it wouldnt surprise me if they were representing someone else who is part of the apparent consortium.

Also both interviewed seemed scripted. The same wording and phrases were used throughout both

Not sure on the rest of your post but this part I agree.

Same answers, I had to double check if I was listening to the same interview.

Seems like he has been briefed beforehand.

Even the questions were all too familar but to the journo's credit they tried to push it.

Like i said previously it wouldnt surprise me if they were representing someone else who is part of the apparent consortium.

Actually turns out that there are some links between Merrill Lynch & McLaughlin Stern.

If this is the guy who K thinks might be in for us didn't he say that they were trying to knock down the price and Lerner was wary.? What was he weary about?

I just read that Bob has EIght grand-children so maybe that's a connection with Miley or Wrestling shows in Birmingham recently.

Edited by useless

MMM, seems PL may have slipped up in that interview, when asked about buying players he said it would not be like last year, he then said the new people understand the situation, he then sounded shifty and turned the conversation to hide what he said. Have a listen and see if you read it like I do.

• Like 1

Just can't see this being related to Villa.

Why not? Doesn't seem too far fetched that he might be interested.

With the extremely close ties to the Lerner's in my opinion it would be a safe bet.

What ties? Feel like I've missed something here

Rich is chairman of the Cleveland clinic, Lerner's father is an ex chairman, his mother is currently on board with Rich. Lerner's have pumped a lot of money into Cleveland clinic and have a research facility & school there named after them.

Reading the above a thought popped into my head....

Now I don't believe him/her but didn't Mendi say something about Lerner promising his family to sell to someone? Maybe Mendi just assumed it was Elison but is actually Rich?

Just a random thought...

Crunch time for me will be October - if we aren't sold by then, likley to be in the bottom half of the PL - we then get into whole cycle of no buyers as we may get relegated. Up until October IMO - someone can still come in and turn things around - much after that (unless we are by some absolute miracle top half) we wait another season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27485242

Listen to what he said at the 3:00 mark.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has told BBC Sport that there is no "imminent" sign of the up-for-sale Premier League club being taken over.

"There's nothing imminent," Lambert told Pat Murphy. "I don't know how long it takes to sell a football club. It's not like you're selling a car or a house.

"The chairman has been honest and told everyone wants to going to happen, that the club's up for sale. Whatever market that hits, we'll have to see what happens."