$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Think one guy with loads of cash and a massive ego would be preferable to a consortium.

Disagree. Consortiums ensure a decision making process.

Agreed. Lest chance of a nutter like tan.

Edited by Mantis

Ties up with my MI6 Joshua Harris consortium 

I hope you are wrong

A guy who was at advanced stages of buying Charlton probably hasn't got the kind of grand ideas and ambitions that we as a fanbase crave. 

I hope you are wrong

A guy who was at advanced stages of buying Charlton probably hasn't got the kind of grand ideas and ambitions that we as a fanbase crave. 

Maybe he wanted a project? Which as it happens is exactly what we are.

I'm hoping for a consortium of Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Larry Ellison...fingers crossed :)

Too philanthropic. Would not burn cash on "soccer" club.

Mind you given the way we have been the last 3 years do we not qualify as poor, destitute and underprivileged and hence in need of philanthropy?

I hope you are wrong

He's got ambitious plans for Philly 76ers and wants to get them to win the league, he's also got someone worth $2.2bn, an indonesian worth nearly $1bn in his consortium and an american worth $600m amongst others. and a CEO of a $10bn equity company.

I think he'd be good

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 2

I hope you are wrong

Why?

I hope you are wrong

He's got ambitious plans for Philly 76ers and wants to get them to win the league, he's also got someone worth $2.2bn, an indonesian worth nearly $1bn in his consortium and an american worth $600m amongst others. and a CEO of a $10bn equity company.

I think he'd be good

He apparently stripped Philly 76ers from the high wage earners and finished dead-last, to start real re-building...Villa is already almost completely stripped from high earners so his job is halfway done!. :D

Edited by Jarpie

I hope you are wrong

What would have been his Charlton vision?... get in the prem and challenge for major honours? Or take over a devaued london club with potential for a decent return.

Too much of a swing in ambition for me to buy the Villa and make us a champions league team.

I hope you are wrong

What would have been his Charlton vision?... get in the prem and challenge for major honours? Or take over a devaued london club with potential for a decent return.

Too much of a swing in ambition for me to buy the Villa and make us a champions league team.

If you're expecting a new owner to come in and start spending Man City-levels then you're going to be very disappointed.

The fact that he almost bought Charlton is irrelevant to how he might run Villa really.

People on twitter shouting that Basel's manager has resigned and linking him with us.

Nick Chorney ‏@Chornstarr  32m

Wow, Murat Yakin, rumoured to be the next Villa manager resigned out of the blue at Basel this morning #AVFC #UTV

All thats happened is this guy has said it's rumoured even though it's not been mentioned by a single other person? Making shit up?

I think Yakin will be Spurs bound.