$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

His position after everything that has gone on will be seen as untenable by the new owners. They will know the fans unrest with him and will not want to upset us as soon as they takeover by keeping Lambert on! This will not start off well with us fans!

[qu ote name=TreeVillan" post="1336154" timestamp="1400008852]Don't think many managers would have done better with what Lambert has been given.

If there's money I think he'd find quality, he's shown it a few times already.[/quote

Too true

• Like 2

Re Lambert - A lot depends on time-scales - if the new owners are coming to the table in August for example - they may think it better to start with the in situ manager - rather than start day 1 with a manager hunt. If they come in earlier than yes, even as a Lambert sympathiser - a fresh start would be best for all...

Of course theres always the possibility that Lambert won't want to stick around, and would rather find himself a new club

If they come in late that means no improvements on the squad. If that's the case I would want Lambert out. He's proven he can't get much out of this group of players.

I think the point being if you have a short amount of time to buy it may be better to use the manager who you believe knows what needs changing hence the August timescale. Getting someone in late who doesn't know the players could be very detrimental. I think it'd be better for the club to have a fresh start but if a billionaire owner decided on backing Lambert with serious cash I'd fully support that decision. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long though.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lambert just quit. He won't want to be left in limbo not knowing if he's coming or going. Seems like there might be a few job vacancies for him to go after as well.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Re Lambert - A lot depends on time-scales - if the new owners are coming to the table in August for example - they may think it better to start with the in situ manager - rather than start day 1 with a manager hunt. If they come in earlier than yes, even as a Lambert sympathiser - a fresh start would be best for all...

Of course theres always the possibility that Lambert won't want to stick around, and would rather find himself a new club

If they come in late that means no improvements on the squad. If that's the case I would want Lambert out. He's proven he can't get much out of this group of players.
I think the point being if you have a short amount of time to buy it may be better to use the manager who you believe knows what needs changing hence the August timescale. Getting someone in late who doesn't know the players could be very detrimental. I think it'd be better for the club to have a fresh start but if a billionaire owner decided on backing Lambert with serious cash I'd fully support that decision. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long though.

We didn't keep DOL and MON came in late and we improved.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lambert just quit. He won't want to be left in limbo not knowing if he's coming or going. Seems like there might be a few job vacancies for him to go after as well.

Absolutely no way, he's lucky to be in a job at all let alone a premierleague one. No way hes walking from this willingly.

• Like 1

It is a worry that we could end up going into next season with our current bunch of players.

But it's extremely exciting to think that we could start next season with a new owner, a new manager, a new style of play, a different formation and a largely different starting eleven!! Just imagine the possibilities :D
  • Like 2

It is a worry that we could end up going into next season with our current bunch of players.

But it's extremely exciting to think that we could start next season with a new owner, a new manager, a new style of play, a different formation and a largely different starting eleven!! Just imagine the possibilities :D

New things to moan about? :P

• Like 1

Mark my words if the sale doesn't happen or stalls and Lambert did walk away we would be screwed.

I'm not supporting Man City for love nor money!

I don't see Lerner announcing were are up for sale on Monday - then announcing a done deal a few days later - why not just withhold the statement for a few days ?.

The best I think we can hope for is that the identity of the potential new owner becomes apparent shortly.

However there is a tendency, when you are close to something to over analyse, "its a goodbye speech"  , "He wouldn't announce us for sale without a buyer lined up"  etc, etc, - Consider what the outsider see's .....'Randy Lerner has put villa up for sale'......nothing more ...nothing less

• Like 4

I don't think it's over-analysing at all. IMO the most believable option is that it's further along than just having put the club up for sale but not so far along that it's just a case of wrapping things up.

• Like 2

Regardless of how far down the line it is, going by the tone of the statements from both Randy and the General I'd say they're pretty confident of getting out of here sooner rather than later. I just hope they take their time to find the right guys and  don't rush into a deal.

• Like 1

Mark my words if the sale doesn't happen or stalls and Lambert did walk away we would be screwed.
2/10. Could do better.
  • Like 2