$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Bloody hell this is painful. It's not the 80's anymore. Things change.

Of course all Villa fans would love us to win things with home grown quality players but clubs don't do that anymore.

Besides, any quality young players we have will get hoovered up by the clubs with money anyway.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 4

The internet in full force -

This morning the kraft group lazily linked, probably because of their ties with the city with cadburys etc

Just seen an article on someone obviously taking the headline and running with it, apparently Robert Kraft is buying us

That's the point though. Who is this mythical "right person" and how does one evaluate the buyer's "rightness"? Most bad owners, like with Gillette and Hicks, (and Lerner) only noticeably become bad over time.

You can't but if Lerner is such a shit owner, how could we possibly get worse?

Gollivan, the Venkys, the criminal hairdresser, Vincent Tan, for a start.

Edited by Davkaus

"The proper way" What does that even mean? You have to spend money to succeed these days.

No one's saying we don't need to spend money. I think the point is that we don't need the world's richest man to achieve success. With responsible and clever ownership we can achieve success organically with the infrastructure we have and not have to sell out and use our club's name as an advert for an airline company or whatever. 

Er no we can't. The only clubs to smash through the glass ceiling since 2000 have been Manchester City and Chelsea who have oddles of cash from suspect places and bought their way to the top.  We don't have enough support to grow the income, nor are we a London club which can charge 70 quid for tickets. Unless someone with deeper pockets than Randy takes over, at best we will forever be a mid table premier league outfit. At best.

It depends what your idea of success is. If you mean winning the league and getting to regular Champions League knock out stages then yes, I agree we would need someone to come in with unlimited money and sell the name of Aston Villa to an oil firm or whatever. But for me success for this club comes in different ways. I believe that with sensible ownership we can expand on the youth academy that we have, be a well run, competitive team that is able to win trophies every now and again, maybe go on the odd European journey and all in all just restore our pride as a great club, once we're established as a top team, who knows where we could push on. That would be success for me, not having the completely sell out and I believe we're not that far off what the infrastructure we have. I don't think it would require some of the world's richest people. 

But that's the problem, Your idea of success is basically the 07-10 years under Lerner minus a League cup win. You can't afford to spend like that to have a decent side without getting CL football, and your best players always leave. Modern football is a zero sum game-either you are part of the elite, or a also-ran. Which is Villa's place until the end of time.

That's the point though. Who is this mythical "right person" and how does one evaluate the buyer's "rightness"? Most bad owners, like with Gillette and Hicks, (and Lerner) only noticeably become bad over time.

You can't but if Lerner is such a shit owner, how could we possibly get worse?

Gollivan, the Venkys, the criminal hairdresser, Vincent Tan, for a start.

They love the guy at Hull. They have agreed he can change the name as long as he stays.

The rest can't afford us.

The internet in full force -

This morning the kraft group lazily linked, probably because of their ties with the city with cadburys etc

Just seen an article on someone obviously taking the headline and running with it, apparently Robert Kraft is buying us

Wasn't he interested when Lerner bought the club too though?

Edited by packoman
  • Like 1

http://www.astonvillanewsandviews.co.uk/hunt-and-anschutz-the-new-owners-of-avfc/

A few weeks ago when Larry Ellison was being talked off I explored some links between him and Lerner. This was in the belief that Randy is going to sell us to some he knows.

Well following on from today’s announcement I have looked at any links to Philip Anschutz and then came across something.

You will know that we are going on tour to Texas in the Summer, I always held off from saying this was to new owners. Of course Anschutz owns one of the teams Houston Dynamo’s that we are playing. Well the other team is FC Dallas ….

The owner there is Clark Hunt.

Hunt also owns the Kansas City Chiefs NFL team so there is no doubt he and Randy in owners meetings have met many times. He has also owned previously the Columbus Crew and who did we play in Lerner’s home state of Ohio a few years ago ?

If you google Clark Hunt you will see his name linked with takeovers at Palace, Newcastle and West Ham, so he has had interest in English football.

Could it be we see a joint ownership between the two and do they know each other ?

The answer is a clear yes as THIS LINK shows and let me quote

The joint project is the result of a unique partnership between Hunt Midwest, a full-service real estate development company owned by the Lamar Hunt family, and LightEdge Solutions, which is owned by Qwest founder Phil Anschutz. The long relationship between the Hunt and Anschutz families helped foster the partnership.

Lamar Hunt (deceased) was Clark Hunt’s dad … the two are obviously very close, a joint bid from them is now by favourite.

I disagree if we were getting taken over 5 years ago by Mansour he did it exactly the right way they will be FFP compliant soon and self funding and will get stronger and stronger over the coming decade.

If that were to happen to our club (if it still can) then I wouldn't shed a tear.

• Like 2

http://www.astonvillanewsandviews.co.uk/hunt-and-anschutz-the-new-owners-of-avfc/

A few weeks ago when Larry Ellison was being talked off I explored some links between him and Lerner. This was in the belief that Randy is going to sell us to some he knows.

Well following on from today’s announcement I have looked at any links to Philip Anschutz and then came across something.

You will know that we are going on tour to Texas in the Summer, I always held off from saying this was to new owners. Of course Anschutz owns one of the teams Houston Dynamo’s that we are playing. Well the other team is FC Dallas ….

The owner there is Clark Hunt.

Hunt also owns the Kansas City Chiefs NFL team so there is no doubt he and Randy in owners meetings have met many times. He has also owned previously the Columbus Crew and who did we play in Lerner’s home state of Ohio a few years ago ?

If you google Clark Hunt you will see his name linked with takeovers at Palace, Newcastle and West Ham, so he has had interest in English football.

Could it be we see a joint ownership between the two and do they know each other ?

The answer is a clear yes as THIS LINK shows and let me quote

The joint project is the result of a unique partnership between Hunt Midwest, a full-service real estate development company owned by the Lamar Hunt family, and LightEdge Solutions, which is owned by Qwest founder Phil Anschutz. The long relationship between the Hunt and Anschutz families helped foster the partnership.

Lamar Hunt (deceased) was Clark Hunt’s dad … the two are obviously very close, a joint bid from them is now by favourite.

I'll be happy with a C Hunt as owner.

I think Villa would be a great investment for Qatar Airways on so many levels. Location, colours etc.

Qataris are meant to be in the front running to buy sma. Don't know if they're meant to be mega rich or what though.