$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

Sorry - but our location goes against us. Ive heard this arguement about the vibrant second city, catchment area,potential - and I really don't buy.

Our ground is in a very deprived area of Birmingham - and Birmingham consists of many such deprived areas.

Been to Manchester lately?

I read somewhere that Birmingham is the second best City to invest in (in Western Europe).

I m sure you have - they has been report after report, glossy brochure after glossy brochure stating such. It was also the best venue for the 1992 Olympics, and the new national stadium.

There used to be a department in Birmingham City council producing such reports (I worked there) .....sadly outside of Birmingham no one is convinced.

Well UKTI and the likes of Sir Digby Jones would say Birmingham is prime for investment. UKTI are a client of mine and have seen a massive uprise of foreign investment in the West Midlands and specifically Birmingham.

But he doesn't have a clue how the new owners will run the club. Why does it matter if they have loads of money? If Ellison buys the club (I don't think he will) I doubt he will be plastering Oracle all over the place.

Don't want no rich arabs...lets respect our class history and tradition and do it the right way...citing Dortmund, Bilbao and Atletio.

Ok one question. If MON got us in to top 4 would you have been upset?

Edit: sorry just realised you were telling us what Stan was saying.

Edited by Amo69

Do like Mat Kendrick. Stan is a bit too holier than thou for my liking.

I would have no issue with us doing a Man City. Stan talks about doing stuff "the proper way." What way is that then?

With the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and the Manchester pair we will struggle to win things "the proper way." If Stan is talking about becoming an English Dortmund then I'm totally fine with this.

Did Lerner sell the browns to the right guy? Sure I read he was being investigated by the FBI. This knowing he will only sell to the right guy is like the he's always had our best interest at heart and always tried his best. Nothing really to back it up

• Like 1

Pat murphy tweet,

Keith Harris,investment banker who finessed Lerner's takeover of Villa in '06 on board again for sale,along with Merrill Lynch.RL trusts him

Understand Harris starting from scratch,that RL doesn't have buyer up his sleeve.Any deal wouldn't go ahead without Harris' recommendation