$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

Sorry - but our location goes against us. Ive heard this arguement about the vibrant second city, catchment area,potential - and I really don't buy.

Our ground is in a very deprived area of Birmingham - and Birmingham consists of many such deprived areas.

Been to Manchester lately?

True, True... I used to live in Levenshulme! and it's an absolute dumphole, just like other parts like Gorton, Moss Side, Rusholme. In my honest opinion Birmingham/Solihull is lot nicer place to live than the over-rated Manchester!

• Like 4

Lerner will sell to anybody with the money, and how do you know who is going to turn out to be a good or bad owner anyway? What on the face of it, would be the difference between Gillett and Hicks ("Bad") and Fenway ("Good") for example?

no he won't. And the obvious difference is leverage. Next.

Our catchment expands beyond Birmingham. All those posh boys from Eaton support us. Cambridgeshire, Oxfordshire etc. Middle England is claret and blue.

Yeah Prince William's a brummie - real name is Bill Windsor!

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

Sorry - but our location goes against us. Ive heard this arguement about the vibrant second city, catchment area,potential - and I really don't buy.

Our ground is in a very deprived area of Birmingham - and Birmingham consists of many such deprived areas.

I just hope we capture the imagination of someone, or someone football savvy can front up a consortium - but as an investment opportunity it ain't great IMO

Don't believe that myself. Most football grounds are in deprived areas that are predominantly lower class, with football being historically a working mans game. Plus it hasn't hindered other clubs, just as it didn't stop lerner buying us back in 2006. Also with the new HS2 line that is going ahead we will be far more accessible. Our crowds are also on par with teams like spuds, everton and man city. With the right investor, development of the North Stand and the team, bringing back the glory day's could be a reality.

Lerner will sell to anybody with the money, and how do you know who is going to turn out to be a good or bad owner anyway? What on the face of it, would be the difference between Gillett and Hicks ("Bad") and Fenway ("Good") for example?

no he won't. And the obvious difference is leverage. Next.

Er, except that when Hicks and Gillette bought Liverpool, there wasn't any debt to begin with, it was only piled on later.  Which is exactly the point I was making about "turning out to be good or bad".  Yes he will.

Next!

Been to Manchester lately?

Like I said if it catches someone's imagination then great.

But lets not pretend being in central Birmingham is a point in our favour.

In his post he mentions 100 sq miles! From that I assume that's the location bit he actually means not the fact it's Aston the fact we are in the 2nd city and have a massive catchment area if successful. Glory hunters are welcome anytime!!

I m sure you have - they has been report after report, glossy brochure after glossy brochure stating such.  It was also the best venue for the 1992 Olympics, and the new national stadium. 

There used to be a department in Birmingham City council producing such reports (I worked there) .....sadly outside of Birmingham no one is convinced.

This was about a week ago by, I presume, an independent financial body. Birmingham was behind Barcelona in the best metropolitan area to invest in (2014 - Western Europe). 

Edited by GENTLEMAN