$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

Sorry - but our location goes against us. Ive heard this arguement about the vibrant second city, catchment area,potential - and I really don't buy.

Our ground is in a very deprived area of Birmingham - and Birmingham consists of many such deprived areas.

Been to Manchester lately?

• Like 2

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/aston-villa/9309174/villa-up-for-sale

I assume this has been linked previously, but it's an interesting watch.

Thanks Kitkat, I hadn't seen that. An interesting watch indeed. He doesn't think a sale will happen too swiftly, but everything else he says is pretty good!

Personally I'm concerned at this stage. Our future is very uncertain.On the one hand we could secure a new owner and go on a spending rampage. On the other we could be stuck with an owner who won't spend another penny for another season.

If Lerner is our owner going into the first game of the season we will go down this time. I'm convinced.

I'm hanging on to a shred of hope that a buyer is in talks but absolutely nothing about his statement hints at that.

Please God anything to avoid another year of watching players like Nathan Baker try to play football :(

We really do need an new owner to come in ASAP or there could be a Fulham style situation.

Especially if Bentake misses the start of the season.

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

Sorry - but our location goes against us. Ive heard this arguement about the vibrant second city, catchment area,potential - and I really don't buy.

Our ground is in a very deprived area of Birmingham - and Birmingham consists of many such deprived areas.

I just hope we capture the imagination of someone, or someone football savvy can front up a consortium - but as an investment opportunity it ain't great IMO 

Manchester City play in a rough part of Manchester, Manchester United on an industrial estate on the edge of a dodgy part of Manchester, Liverpool play in Liverpool etc.  I really don't think where the club's located is a major factor at all.  All that matters is that we're still going to get a slice of the Sky TV squillions, and that we've got the potential to be a big club again, which we have.   Most foreign owners, if they attend games at all, fly in to the nearest airport on a private jet, get driven to the ground, then go and stay somewhere 5 star for the night.  Most Premier League clubs are either in rough parts of the city centre because that's where they started 100 odd years ago, or they're on retail parks.  Nothing that's going to make much of a difference to an American owner either way I wouldn't have thought.

• Like 1

Like I said if it catches someone's imagination then great.

But lets not pretend being in central Birmingham is a point in our favour.

I read somewhere that Birmingham is the second best City to invest in (in Western Europe).

Edited by GENTLEMAN

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/aston-villa/9309174/villa-up-for-sale

I know David Bick and he was involved when Ellis sold - VFC was approached by him as he was consultant to Lerner over the sale. The guy is a real good bloke (West Ham Fan) but has a soft spot for the Villa and what he says is true - Lerner won't sell to just anyone. Myself and Fear met with him so I know what he says is absolutely true - we are a very good investment and can get to the top 4 with investment and I am excited by the prospect of getting someone better than Lerner and hundred fold better than Ellis.

Good times ahead I feel - but we need patience - it will not be a quick sale or quick fix. Need to give the new owner(s) time (and of course the manager who ever it may be).

Lerner will sell to anybody with the money, and how do you know who is going to turn out to be a good or bad owner anyway?  What on the face of it, would be the difference between Gillett and Hicks ("Bad") and Fenway ("Good") for example?

I know David Bick and he was involved when Ellis sold - VFC was approached by him as he was consultant to Lerner over the sale. The guy is a real good bloke (West Ham Fan) but has a soft spot for the Villa and what he says is true - Lerner won't sell to just anyone. Myself and Fear met with him so I know what he says is absolutely true - we are a very good investment and can get to the top 4 with investment and I am excited by the prospect of getting someone better than Lerner and hundred fold better than Ellis.

Good times ahead I feel - but we need patience - it will not be a quick sale or quick fix. Need to give the new owner(s) time (and of course the manager who ever it may be).

I dunno - I would trust Lerner not to knowingly sell to some asset stripping developer - 

But equally come October - if the only interested party is some consortuim from Khazakstan....and they meet his price......how hard is going to look.....

For obvious reasons - I don't think Lerner is adverse to upsetting the masses - he has previous....

Thanks Kitkat, I hadn't seen that. An interesting watch indeed. He doesn't think a sale will happen too swiftly, but everything else he says is pretty good!

I would like to think he is being professionally cautious in his estimations. Obviously at this stage without any kind of inside information there are no absolutes, and with that in mind he's not going to stick his neck out too far on his predictions - even if he is reasonably gushing in his praise as to how big a prospect we could be.

I do think that a deal is being ironed out and we're not just sat on our hands waiting for a bid... but that might just be me being hopeful!

I read somewhere that Birmingham is the second best City to invest in (in Western Europe).

I m sure you have - they has been report after report, glossy brochure after glossy brochure stating such.  It was also the best venue for the 1992 Olympics, and the new national stadium. 

There used to be a department in Birmingham City council producing such reports (I worked there) .....sadly outside of Birmingham no one is convinced.

The area around Eastlands is being transformed by Man City and some other business' in that area. If Villa we to relocate to near Curzon street next to millennium point, HS2 terminal, BCU and that new fancy retail place that is being built it could be a man city type project for an owner that wants exposure like Mansour.

• Like 2

Lerner will sell to anybody with the money, and how do you know who is going to turn out to be a good or bad owner anyway?  What on the face of it, would be the difference between Gillett and Hicks ("Bad") and Fenway ("Good") for example?

That's a good point, there are more shit owners than "good" ones but it's not just a roll of the dice.

Just stay away from Chinese prisoner hairdressers...

• Like 1

Potential and value for money. London rates are astronomical!

You appear to have accidentally typed a pair of brackets here, instead of the words 'even though he's a'. 

They will have to satisfy the premier League before any sale is sanctioned and also no matter what you say Lerner was a decent owner and at the time he bought us no one knew what was going to happen - just like we did not know what would happen with Lambert (if you did then you must be a genius). I trust the word of David Bick and if he says it I for one believe him.

At least whoever we get will give people the chance to bitch and moan if things don't get done quickly or we don't get instant results.