Lewis Kinsella

HalfTimePost

Aston Villa have offered highly-rated youngster Lewis Kinsella a new deal, Sky Sports understands.

Full-back Kinsella is highly-regarded within the corridors of power at Villa Park and the club are keen to tie him down to a new contract.

The 19-year-old has yet to make his first-team debut for Villa, but has been a regular for the Under 21s side this season.

Kinsella started his career at Arsenal before leaving the Emirates to join Villa and he has impressed since making the move to Villa Park.

Kinsella helped Villa win the coveted NextGen Series last season and he is expected to be pushing for a place in the Villa first team next season.

Sky

Kinsella has looked pretty good when i have seen him in the Reserves and Youth teams.I would not fancy his chances of first team football any time soon though,let's face it our manager does not have much idea when it comes to left backs

Who was the last full back to come through? Seems the one position we have struggled with.

Probably Lichaj...and before that possibly Ridgewell??
Had forgotten Lichaj, Ridgewell was more a cb at us wasn't he?

Yeah I think he was more so when with us...outside of that the last I can recall is Barry before he switched from RB to mid

Who was the last full back to come through? Seems the one position we have struggled with.

Joshua Webb got a few games in pre-season, maybe he'll be the next fullback to actually break through into the first team.

He's a good left back but I can't see him making it here, certainly not in the long term, sky don't half come up with some rubbish

could he be any worse than Warnock, Luna or Bennett?

• 10 months later...
Â