Missing planes

tonyh29

What are the possible consequences to this?

Russia shot down a Korean 747 30 years ago.

Cold war tensions rose, but bugger all happened.

It had wandered off course, and the US had been poking the Russki defences around then.

They're still guessing at what happened, though one of the theories is that the autopilot had been set incorrectly, and the pilots dozed off :o

The Korean pilots had programmed in incorrect way points and were off course ( they used HEADING instead of INS mode )  , the Americans were indeed also buzzing around the area testing the Russians patience so a plane was sent up to investigate

the Russian fighter pilot when interviewed said he signalled the plane but it didn't respond and he was given the order to fire

It's unlikely they were asleep as they had just signalled Air traffic control to notify a change of altitude to conserve fuel .. which actually acted a nail in it's coffin as the Russians interpreted this as an evasion manoeuvre and gave the order to shot it down beforte it left their airspace

I bet Malaysia invades the Ukraine now

Lets just hope they don't have to use their airforce. It does sound like a massive cock-up from Russian separatists as their leader boasted about shooting down a Ukraine cargo plane on the Internet.

Oh my shit I've just seen a photo on Russia Today that I didn't want to see

• Like 1

Lets just hope they don't have to use their airforce. It does sound like a massive cock-up from Russian separatists as their leader boasted about shooting down a Ukraine cargo plane on the Internet.

Putin in a Mankini  ..or crash related ?

Putin in a Mankini  ..or crash related ?

A badly pixelated body that's all screwed up at a funny angle. I think it's missing half a head. Putin's a bit of a hunk in comparison.

Can anyone explain to me why there seems to be no smoke trails in the sky before the plane hits the ground?

Surely a missile would cause the plane to at least catch fire in the air, but the only explosion seems to come from contact with the earth.

They may aswell shut the airline down after this.

Hardly their fault though is it?
I know, but no one is going to want to fly on them after these 2 incidents.

Hmm, cheap tickets. At a very small extra risk.

My best travel experience on the Tube was on the day after the 7/7 bombings.

• Like 1

I agree, I just think there will not be enough people of the same opinion to sustain the business.

• Like 1

I agree, I just think there will not be enough people of the same opinion to sustain the business.

I think it is far more serious for them.

There are suggestions being made that the flight was in or very close to a restricted flight zone not suitable for domestic flights.

If that is the case then serious questions will rightly be asked about both the pilots and the airline.

I think they are in major trouble as a business now and if they are even perceived to be in any way culpable for this for the above anything else I think they are finished regardless of how cheap the flights are.

Can anyone explain to me why there seems to be no smoke trails in the sky before the plane hits the ground?

Because they banned smoking on planes ages ago, dude. Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

I think it is far more serious for them.

There are suggestions being made that the flight was in or very close to a restricted flight zone not suitable for domestic flights.

If that is the case then serious questions will rightly be asked about both the pilots and the airline.

I think they are in major trouble as a business now and if they are even perceived to be in any way culpable for this for the above anything else I think they are finished regardless of how cheap the flights are.

They were struggling with passenger numbers after the other one , although on paper this one isn't their fault I also think they are doomed

As I mentioned earlier flight radar suggests the other airlines were going around the zone , MH17 chose not to , commercially the straightest route is the cheapest one so maybe it was the airline dictating the route , or maybe it's down to individual pilots I honestly don't know

I also heard that their planes don't have the same systems that a lot of other airlines have so it may not have been easily identified as commercial to anyone looking

The answers to those questions / rumours will probably pay a big part in the airlines survival

They were struggling with passenger numbers after the other one , although on paper this one isn't their fault I also think they are doomed

As I mentioned earlier flight radar suggests the other airlines were going around the zone , MH17 chose not to , commercially the straightest route is the cheapest one so maybe it was the airline dictating the route , or maybe it's down to individual pilots I honestly don't know

I also heard that their planes don't have the same systems that a lot of other airlines have so it may not have been easily identified as commercial to anyone looking

The answers to those questions / rumours will probably pay a big part in the airlines survival

I agree entirely. 

It is probably fair to say neither are the fault of the airline but perception alone will sink them. There is no question other airlines were more cautious in the region which is either a reflection on MA as a carrier or on their position following the first MH370. Personally, I think it is irresponsible for them or any other airline to have been operating in the area in the current circumstances.

Ultimately I don't think it will make any odds if its an airline or pilot decision, they will be viewed much the same.

I think they are doomed.

• Like 1

Â