Missing planes

tonyh29

(broken VT can't quote, but this is in response to LondonLax):

There's hating the US, and there's hating the US Govt and its marriage to the military/industrial complex.

But yeah, kidnapping 200 Chinese citizens is probably a step too far even for them.

But of course such an idea would assume it is possible that the US would be prepared to kidnap people, fly them to a high security military base in the middle of nowhere, and lie about doing so.  Obviously such a thing would never happen.  Never has.  All those stories about rendition were just made up.  Conspiracy theories!

The US' previous with rendition is ultimately the biggest counterpoint to the Diego Garcia hypothesis: prior US renditions have been ground kidnaps (which are much easier to do, logistically, than hijackings) and utilized other countries (e.g. Jordan, Egypt, etc.) for the dirty work (plausible deniability...).

the biggest counterpoint is the theory that Peter is referring to from the Kremlin also stated that no plane hit the pentagon on 11/9  and that the US made it disappear and all the people on board (presumably murdered)

perhaps that is why the BBC merely dismiss it , it's the work of a fruitcake and not worthy of airtime

Given the truly mindblowing range of things we now know the US has been doing over the course of decades, the line "They wouldn't do such a thing" is a little threadbare, don't you think?

Anyone interested in learning how to distinguish a 747 from every single other type of aircraft ever made:

Look for a bump on its head. No bump? Not a 747. Bump? Yes, it's a 747.

Not too tricky really :)

How do you spot that from the ground?

But of course such an idea would assume it is possible that the US would be prepared to kidnap people, fly them to a high security military base in the middle of nowhere, and lie about doing so.  Obviously such a thing would never happen.  Never has.  All those stories about rendition were just made up.  Conspiracy theories!

The US' previous with rendition is ultimately the biggest counterpoint to the Diego Garcia hypothesis: prior US renditions have been ground kidnaps (which are much easier to do, logistically, than hijackings) and utilized other countries (e.g. Jordan, Egypt, etc.) for the dirty work (plausible deniability...).

the biggest counterpoint is the theory that Peter is referring to from the Kremlin also stated that no plane hit the pentagon on 11/9  and that the US made it disappear and all the people on board (presumably murdered)

perhaps that is why the BBC merely dismiss it , it's the work of a fruitcake and not worthy of airtime

Given the truly mindblowing range of things we now know the US has been doing over the course of decades, the line "They wouldn't do such a thing" is a little threadbare, don't you think?

that wasn't what I said though   ...

we know 100% for fact that a plane flew into the pentagon therefore any report that suggest otherwise can just be confined to a dustbin

I wouldnt tell the difference between a 747 and a 777. I guess I dont have that much flying experience.

I don't think it comes down to that tbh ... the 747 is an icon of it's time and easily identifiable whether you've flown one or not  .... presumably you'd know Concorde if you saw it wouldn't you ?

OT  but I'm near Heathrow flight path at work and I can even tell a  747 from the engine nose when they fly overhead  (and disguinsh it from a  777  )  ... Have I out geeked Levi ? someone better check that I haven't  broken the internet now

Nuremberg:

They do look exactly like dolphins, except in the sky. They also have wings sticking out from where the dolphin's ribs would be. They are nearly always a different colour to dolphins. They propel themselves using engines, rather than using up-and-down movements of their tail fins, and their heads are a (completely) different shape. They are made from aluminium, as opposed to dolphin flesh, which dolphins are made from. They never eat fish. They are made in factories, as opposed to dolphins which grow inside mummy dolphins' tummies, and then emerge from the mummy dolphin's lady-dolphin bits. They have wheels that pop out of their bellies to help them when they're on land. They are several thousand times bigger than dolphins. They usually have people inside them. In addition to these differences, they are considerably noisier than dolphins, except when they don't have people inside them.

(It's a quiet day at work.)

To be fair I did say "basically"... ;)

• Like 1

I wouldnt tell the difference between a 747 and a 777. I guess I dont have that much flying experience.

I don't think it comes down to that tbh ... the 747 is an icon of it's time and easily identifiable whether you've flown one or not  .... presumably you'd know Concorde if you saw it wouldn't you ?

OT  but I'm near Heathrow flight path at work and I can even tell a  747 from the engine nose when they fly overhead  (and disguinsh it from a  777  )  ... Have I out geeked Levi ? someone better check that I haven't  broken the internet now

It sounds like they're easily distinguishable if you know what to look for.

but how many people would know that? I would wager good money that it's less than 50% of people. In fact I'd say that's extremely optimistic.

It's like saying to someone who doesn't know anything abut football "Distinguish between the Real Madrid shirts and the Swansea shirts". If you know what to look for then it's easy. But to a layman they're both white shirts.

It sounds like they're easily distinguishable if you know what to look for.

but how many people would know that? I would wager good money that it's less than 50% of people. In fact I'd say that's extremely optimistic.

It's like saying to someone who doesn't know anything abut football "Distinguish between the Real Madrid shirts and the Swansea shirts". If you know what to look for then it's easy. But to a layman they're both white shirts.

pedant but you didn't say "home"shirts :)

Anyone interested in learning how to distinguish a 747 from every single other type of aircraft ever made:

Look for a bump on its head. No bump? Not a 747. Bump? Yes, it's a 747.

Not too tricky really :)

Says the man who thought radio waves pass through water :)

• Like 1

777:

1143847355_1373219870.jpg

747:

Boeing_744_05.jpg

Have to say I'd have had no idea which was which, before reading this thread. I'd wager 'most' people would be the same. They're planes.

• Like 4

Â