Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

USA do so well due to their camaraderie and immense team spirit. This offsets the lack of ability.

I mean on paper you'd even fancy Villa to beat them.

In fact, the USA do well because they have good players.

I made this comment on the back of players like Bradley not being good enough for Villa and Beasley not being much cop at Rangers. That would suggest otherwise.

I have been impressed with them at this World Cup though.

Bradley wasn't given a fair crack here and has done well at all the other clubs he's been at. Some players do raise there games for their country more so than English players do but they are still good players initially. That's why it's dangerous to buy players who stand out at a WC. Roberto Martinez said there's no surprise players these days because of the extent of scouting so some of these May be unknown to us but probably not to managers. I'd like to think that's the same for Lambert.

I very much doubt that anybody barring Lambert/the board know how much he has to spend - least of all the public/press.

Two 5mil players would make a big difference to us though, I think.

I hope we spend the majority on one or two better players, even if they're sold on soon, rather than 6 unknowns.

I very much doubt that anybody barring Lambert/the board know how much he has to spend - least of all the public/press.

Two 5mil players would make a big difference to us though, I think.

I hope we spend the majority on one or two better players, even if they're sold on soon, rather than 6 unknowns.

well the fact he signed Cole and Senderos makes me think our transfer policy has changed massively.

anyone have any news on Bent going to Turkey?

Bradley is definitely good enough for villa. He stood out in Serie A.

No, no he didn't stand out. Most people I talked to liked his guts and how much he would run but that technically he wasn't good enough to be in the Roma midfield. Most Roma fans liked him, but everyone was amazed at how much money they got for him.

Just my opinion. Dont like it. Dont read it. Dont care.

Most of Americans will agree he had a dissapointing World Cup.

He was at our club and wasnt rated. Hes not good enough the for the Premier League. Other leagues suit him better.

Real Madrid? Please. If you believe everything you read then Sneijder would be at Villa.

• Like 1

I think he's definitely good enough for the Premier League. There are many midfielders in this league that are worse than Bradley.

I wasn't saying he wasn't good enough for us, just didn't agree he was a stand out player in a league with a lot of good midfielders in it. Pogba stood out in serie A, Bradley did not.

Personally I think he'd do a job for us, he would be more suited to the UK than Italy anyway. He's playing in Canada though now so not much point talking abotu him being a potential target.

Ashley Young would be a big step up from the likes of Weimann and Agbonlahor, would welcome him back, he would improve us considerably and I'm sure Benteke would be grateful for the better service.

Would welcome young back with open arms, but I just don't see it happening. Couldn't see him taking a massive wage cut to join us. It would certainly bring some optimism back to the club

I think he's definitely good enough for the Premier League. There are many midfielders in this league that are worse than Bradley.

I wasn't saying he wasn't good enough for us, just didn't agree he was a stand out player in a league with a lot of good midfielders in it. Pogba stood out in serie A, Bradley did not.

Personally I think he'd do a job for us, he would be more suited to the UK than Italy anyway. He's playing in Canada though now so not much point talking abotu him being a potential target.

I was responding to the post above mine, by KSV, saying he wasn't good enough for the Prem :D