Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

The love Albrighton has had on here the last few months is laughable.

He has four or five seasons here, I can count on one hand the amount of great games he had.

Really radical concept I know, but he got better over time.

No he bloody didn't. He got worse.

Or did you forget that he was loaned out to a championship club last season and no one batted an eyelid?

You're right, anybody who's ever been on loan to a Championship team is automatically completely shit. There's literally never been an example of a player going on loan to a lower division who was subsequently good enough to play in the Premier League. 

You know there was 6 months of football after the end of that loan? Did you watch any of it?

• Like 1

Looks like Lescott is joining Hull.

Nope medical at WBA today 

So it turns out all of that nonsense about how he was never allowed back to the Midlands was, in fact, the complete tripe everyone thought. 

• Like 2

So it turns out all of that nonsense about how he was never allowed back to the Midlands was, in fact, the complete tripe everyone thought. 

Well, let's see how long his kneecaps last first.

• Like 1

Especially given that he's joining Wolves biggest(?) rivals.  Unless this is his suicide bid!

I'd heard that the potential knee-cappers were behind bars these days.

West ham and west brom making positive signings that I'd have liked.

Hope we have some takeover news soon as I fear we'll be looking at relegation rivals with envy at how they're improving their squads.

• Like 1

Hope we have some takeover news soon as I fear we'll be looking at relegation rivals with envy at how they're improving their squads.

I heard the same things being said about Norwich last season. Keep Calm and watch the World Cup.

Amazing that WBA can spend more on wages than us these days.

I doubt it. Don't forget we've still got a few players here on massive wages, it's just that most of them aren't good enough to be starting.

I heard the same things being said about Norwich last season. Keep Calm and watch the World Cup.

Well I wasn't too impressed with the signings Norwich made last season. I know there's little point worrying about it but it will become a serious concern if teams continue to spend. We're in a unique position, we're the only club who has an owner open about not wanting to be here. Other teams will be implementing plans to achieve the best they can and we'll be doing very little in way of a plan. We'll be spending a minimal amount to try and remain a premiership team.

I doubt it. Don't forget we've still got a few players here on massive wages, it's just that most of them aren't good enough to be starting.

I'm not sure our existing players are relevant to the first point.

At the moment it seems that west brom can currently offer better wages than us.

We don't have that many really. Especially when you offset what we pay some of our signings under PL. 

I'm not sure our existing players are relevant to the first point.

At the moment it seems that west brom can currently offer better wages than us.

Only because they're not currently paying massive wages to a few players whereas we are.

We don't have that many really. Especially when you offset what we pay some of our signings under PL. 

More than West Brom I bet.

Edited by Mantis

Well I wasn't too impressed with the signings Norwich made last season. I know there's little point worrying about it but it will become a serious concern if teams continue to spend. We're in a unique position, we're the only club who has an owner open about not wanting to be here. Other teams will be implementing plans to achieve the best they can and we'll be doing very little in way of a plan. We'll be spending a minimal amount to try and remain a premiership team.

Which we've done for the past two seasons.

Which we've done for the past two seasons.

I don't think that means its a given it will happen again.