Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Well BJ/Trent lets go macro economics...... yea lets not.Fact of the matter is he is about 100m down, he hasn't taken money out of the club and he certainly wont make that money back in the next year therefore he hasn't made money out of the club/isn't trying to make money out of the club whichever way you want to spin it.What I said before in the last post is correct and based off the accounts.Simple, I don't go back on a word of it, even if Trent disagrees.

I'm surprised you still jump to his defence after he made you believe cut backs and the club you support being terrible was all part of a plan to build a new ambitious team and go again.

You don't seem understand the fundamental basics of advertisement

I think we would need a new owner's money to offer Lampard anything like the sort of money he would want to come to us and we would also need to attract him to us by showing him a list of players we would be bringing in to play alongside him. He will most likely stay in London or move to a club in the North West if not abroad for a final pay day.It is a nice thought though.   

• Like 1

No I wouldn't it is harder to find a defensive midfielder that can play with the ball than it is to find a DECENT attacking midfielder as that is all he is.

Yet we have struggled to get one for the last few yrs??

For me delph is clearly our best midfielder, but he is jack of all trades master of none. At times he can dribble well but then others his touch is poor, his passing is either good or terrible. Tackling he either wins the ball or gets booked.

Holtby is a different kind if footballer. He is good on the ball and can pick a pass. Was very rated at youth level captaining various German international sides. He would be great for us on my eyes

Yes we have struggled and not one part of that has been his fault

Please read my post and don't try to start a nothing argument. Where have I said we struggled because of Delph? I merely said that delph can do everything but not at a high standard. You said that getting a defensive midfielder is easier than getting an Am, I said we have struggled to get an Am for the last few yrs.

Well BJ/Trent lets go macro economics...... yea lets not.Fact of the matter is he is about 100m down, he hasn't taken money out of the club and he certainly wont make that money back in the next year therefore he hasn't made money out of the club/isn't trying to make money out of the club whichever way you want to spin it.What I said before in the last post is correct and based off the accounts.Simple, I don't go back on a word of it, even if Trent disagrees.

I'm surprised you still jump to his defence after he made you believe cut backs and the club you support being terrible was all part of a plan to build a new ambitious team and go again.
You don't seem understand the fundamental basics of advertisement

How's making the team terrible a fundamental basic of advertising.

Well BJ/Trent lets go macro economics...... yea lets not.

Fact of the matter is he is about 100m down, he hasn't taken money out of the club and he certainly wont make that money back in the next year therefore he hasn't made money out of the club/isn't trying to make money out of the club whichever way you want to spin it.

What I said before in the last post is correct and based off the accounts.

Simple, I don't go back on a word of it, even if Trent disagrees.

That is what is happening though, just it will be with new owners and not RL. Had to happen either way, maybe not so quickly and with such drastic cuts, but it had to happen.

Whether the new investment in order to take us forward after the underperforming overpaid squad has been dismantled and moved on comes from RL or a new owner takes nothing away from the fact that they needed dismantling and moving on.

So how come the view that he was surviving on the cheap until sold was shouted down so much for the past two years?

• Like 1

Fact of the matter is he is about 100m down, he hasn't taken money out of the club and he certainly wont make that money back in the next year therefore he hasn't made money out of the club/isn't trying to make money out of the club whichever way you want to spin it.

That is what is happening though, just it will be with new owners and not RL. Had to happen either way, maybe not so quickly and with such drastic cuts, but it had to happen.

Whether the new investment in order to take us forward after the underperforming overpaid squad has been dismantled and moved on comes from RL or a new owner takes nothing away from the fact that they needed dismantling and moving on.

So how come the view that he was surviving on the cheap until sold was shouted down so much for the past two years?

You know I'm constantly seeing you post things like "why did people say that" or "why did people say this" - I really don't know what you're expecting people to say to you.

You were right all along BJ10, everybody else was wrong.

• Like 2

No I wouldn't it is harder to find a defensive midfielder that can play with the ball than it is to find a DECENT attacking midfielder as that is all he is.

For me delph is clearly our best midfielder, but he is jack of all trades master of none. At times he can dribble well but then others his touch is poor, his passing is either good or terrible. Tackling he either wins the ball or gets booked.

Holtby is a different kind if footballer. He is good on the ball and can pick a pass. Was very rated at youth level captaining various German international sides. He would be great for us on my eyes

Please read my post and don't try to start a nothing argument. Where have I said we struggled because of Delph? I merely said that delph can do everything but not at a high standard. You said that getting a defensive midfielder is easier than getting an Am, I said we have struggled to get an Am for the last few yrs.
i said the opposite

You know I'm constantly seeing you post things like "why did people say that" or "why did people say this" - I really don't know what you're expecting people to say to you.

Lol beat post of the week

Thanks, I'm glad you've managed to acknowledge it.

I just think its strange that a few keep changing opinions just to defend a billionaire who doesn't want any part of the club anymore.

i said the opposite
Yes you did my apologies. That was the crux of my first post. I think it is harder to get an am as shown in the last few yrs. So if one like holtby is available we should be going for it

I just think its strange that a few keep changing opinions just to defend a billionaire who doesn't want any part of the club anymore.

Well, that's it. You guys can't hide it from BJ10 any longer as he's on to you. You may as well start posting your own actual opinions now, as making up posts for the sole purpose of making Lerner look good is no longer going to be effective. Too bad, too. I was thinking you were within a whisker of bringing him around to your point of view ;)

Well, that's it. You guys can't hide it from BJ10 any longer as he's on to you. You may as well start posting your own actual opinions now, as making up posts for the sole purpose of making Lerner look good is no longer going to be effective. Too bad, too. I was thinking you were within a whisker of bringing him around to your point of view ;)

Well you had people annoyed at the idea the club was being run on the cheap so that lerner could cut his losses. They defended the way the club was run by assuming lerner was going to invest heavily again and improve us. Now that's been proven to be wrong the same people are still defending the way the club was run.

• Like 1

Well you had people annoyed at the idea the club was being run on the cheap so that lerner could cut his losses. They defended the way the club was run by assuming lerner was going to invest heavily again and improve us. Now that's been proven to be wrong the same people are still defending the way the club was run.

The way I see it, any ££s Lerner puts in over and above the money the club makes for itself means he is a positive owner (who has of course made mistakes during his time here). The last few seasons of 'harsh cutbacks' he's still been supporting us with £20m a season which is very generous of him no matter you think BJ10. When he starts taking money off the club like the Glazers do that's when I will turn on him but not before.