Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

This is going to be a depressive window isnt it?

Shame we couldnt keep albrighton, he looked decent when he started playing a bit more in the end. Think we can forget about lescott or anyone that wants more than 10k a week

If it's true that he only wants £45k we'd be fools not to go for Lescott on a free transfer. Would be a really solid signing in a vitally important position and the cost to the club would be relatively little. By most account that's less than Gabby is on and similar to Delph and Lescott is a more established player, and a Villa fan to boot.

I doubt Lescott will come as wasn't he warned stay away from West Midlands when he had his kneecaps shattered by members of Johnson Brothers gang along with Matt Murray.. He left as soon as he could play again to Everton.

Couple my Wolves supporting mates have said ''Been warned to stay away from West Midlands'' for good.

Internet Myth

• Like 1

Geez I see bollocks in here he has never pocketed money and we have been a loss making club under him the whole time till now there is 20 to 25 million free in next years budget for players/wages without him losing money

Never pocketed money? He has changed interest and management fee's on the debt.

He is currently paying down the loans but he isn't making a loss the club is. By the time he walks away I suspect he won't be out of pocket.

As for your budget for this summer, that is the stuff of fantasy not a chance, none.

• Like 4

Shame we couldnt keep albrighton, he looked decent when he started playing a bit more in the end. Think we can forget about lescott or anyone that wants more than 10k a week

If it's true that he only wants £45k we'd be fools not to go for Lescott on a free transfer. Would be a really solid signing in a vitally important position and the cost to the club would be relatively little. By most account that's less than Gabby is on and similar to Delph and Lescott is a more established player, and a Villa fan to boot.

I doubt Lescott will come as wasn't he warned stay away from West Midlands when he had his kneecaps shattered by members of Johnson Brothers gang along with Matt Murray.. He left as soon as he could play again to Everton.

Couple my Wolves supporting mates have said ''Been warned to stay away from West Midlands'' for good.

Internet Myth

wouldn't be so sure about that.

anyway, Lescott will probably go abroad, and Barry has a good offer from Everton. There's nothing we could offer him more than he can get there in terms of contract length primarily and £ so everyone really needs to get the idea out of their heads that he will be coming back now.

Internet Myth

wouldn't be so sure about that.

Gangsters - hate someone enough to smash their kneecaps, but not enough to drive all the way to Liverpool.

Add the fact that if he'd had "smashed kneecaps" he'd never have played football again.

• Like 3

If we sign Lescott perhaps we could play Vlaar Lescott with Okore as a DM can he play there?

We really do need a physical presence in the middle

I'd rather see us play with all 3 centrally and wing backs since our current LB/RB's can't defend that well.

Internet Myth

No that story is true, not going to say how exactly but I know people who have links to the Johnsons and it is 100% true

• Like 1

Internet Myth

No that story is true, not going to say how exactly but I know people who have links to the Johnsons and it is 100% true

If they did this in 2004 and he's still playing as a professional footballer in 2014, they really need to be doing their hits better.

• Like 1

Anyone thinking under the present circumstances that we're going to paying the type of wages to attract players of the calibre of Barry and Lescott are living in cloud cuckoo land.

We'll probably get someone like Hoolahan in who wouldn't be a bad signing at all and maybe a loan if his club is prepared to pay most of the wages.

~That could be why we are willing to let Albrighton, Fonz go as that would release about £40kpw towards wages

The rumour on twitter doing the rounds today is that Spuds are prepared to offer cash + Holtby for Delph. 

What would they do with Delph? They have like 11 midfielders alone.

answer this..if villa wont pay for marc £35k a week..why do you think villa will hire barry & lescott ? ,the bomb squad is back! 

Maybe because he didn't deem Albrighton worth 35k a week? and I for one have to agree with him. The bomb squad is back out of necessity, we'll be paying their final year wages regardless so why not give them one last shot, worse comes to worse they are back in the bomb squad by the end of the pre-season, but if not we get something for our money and the likes of N'zog and Bent pay us back a little towards their fees. 

Kozak and Okore will add a lot being back in our first team setup, Lambert will have sold villa to them when he signed them, and surely after frustrating injuries and the fact we've struggled to replace Benteke when injured and neither Clark nor Baker cementing that second center back position, both players will have a position and something to aspire towards and fight for.

It's not all doom and gloom, Delph, Gabby and Vlaar will have signed contracts by the end of pre-season I am sure of it, and if Lambert is given say £12 million to buy two players I think we'll be in an optimistic place come the start of the season, and i'm sure prospective new owners would feel the same.