The Boring Thread

Spoony

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I drove about 100 metres with the handbrake on in my first driving test. Needless to say I failed :blush:

Mate of mine failed before leaving the car park :lol: Didn't stop at the car park exit when there was a cyclist about to cross the road. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Mate of mine failed before leaving the car park :lol: Didn't stop at the car park exit when there was a cyclist about to cross the road. 

I was talking to a colleague the other day, who told me a story about a girl he knew who had been having her test when a massive lorry went past in the other direction really fast, and I guess somehow generated enough wind to blow the magnetic 'L' plate off the front of the car. Apparently the instructor made her stop, told her he wasn't insured any more and kicked her out the car to walk back to the test centre!

On 28/04/2016 at 12:33, BOF said:

I like a 'firm' toothbrush, therefore that is the 'right' kind of toothbrush.  None of your 'medium' nonsense.  But there's firm and then there's firm.  My recent purchase is much closer to 'wirebrush' and borderline unusable.  I may need to buy a new toothbrush.

I bought a new toothbrush.

I'm hardly ever bored. With nothing else to do, I'll happily play my guitar, read a book, watch a DVD, go for a run -  or even do feck all. 

The missus, on the other hand, has to be busy at all times. If she announces that she's bored, my blood runs cold - it means she's going to be in a foul mood unless I agree to do something "entertaining" - like shopping, or gardening. THEN I get bored. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I know someone who failed before he'd even got in the car, he'd forgotten his glasses and couldn't read a reg plate when asked.

Well I know someone who failed before he even woke up on the day of his test!!!!

Edit: not really, obvs. But that has made me think of something else. I know someone who is currently getting done for assault. He gets points on his license as a result. Thought that was really weird seeing as it has nothing to do with driving.

Edited by Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know someone who is currently getting done for assault. He gets points on his license as a result. Thought that was really weird seeing as it has nothing to do with driving.

Without knowing any more about it, and assuming any missing info doesn't significantly change the ridiculousness of that penalty then, yes, that is utter bullshit.

Dunno, first time I've heard of it.

I told the story in the relationship thread. It's my gf's brother.

As much as I think he deserves punishment for what he did, they are completely going to town on him. Seems really unfair.

Why do they just top up the ban when someone drives while banned. 

(In South Australia)if someone does this enough they'll end up getting jail time.

Recidivist traffic offenders are so strange. A lot of the time they're the kind of people who would be dead against any other sort of offending but can't seem to obey road laws.

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Dunno, first time I've heard of it.

I told the story in the relationship thread. It's my gf's brother.

As much as I think he deserves punishment for what he did, they are completely going to town on him. Seems really unfair.

Ah, is this connected to your memorable date night?

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ah, is this connected to your memorable date night?

Yeah. Her sister's engagement dinner that ended with her brother headbutting a bouncer!

Eventful.

Like I said, he deserves a punishment, but they're treating it as if he tried to kill the guy.

Â