• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

One positive about Lambert today, his post match interview DOES NOT say that he can't fault the players effort.

He does say that the players 'know his feelings...you can't defend like that'.

Hopefully this can be seen as him finally losing his rag with the players, making them feel like they need to actually play for their place, so they know poor performances can no longer be chalked up to inexperience!

One positive about Lambert today, his post match interview DOES NOT say that he can't fault the players effort.

Hopefully this can be seen as him finally losing his rag with the players, making them feel like they need to actually play for their place, so they know poor performances can no longer be chalked up to inexperience!

I doubt he hasn't lost it with the players before. What managers say to the media and what they say behind closed doors are two completely different things.

I doubt he hasn't lost it with the players before. What managers say to the media and what they say behind closed doors are two completely different things.

At least his got Holt now to back him up! Cause he certainly hasn't been brought here to change a game!!

It's so annoying for me. Season ticket holder and the only game I've missed this season was WBA due to work which has been pretty much the only decent game. Complete waste of 550quid to be honest.

I am seriously debating whether to bother next season. It is just too depressing for words. Much as I love the club I am so sick of watching the crap we serve up at Villa Park.

Same here.

Been going since 1976 regularly and a few times here and there from 1969. Never have I felt so disillusioned as I do right now.

The continual shite performances at home make me feel cheated of the money I spent on two season tickets.

You have to be there, and PAY for it, to really be as fecked off as a lot of us are right now.

He's injury prone to an extent but he's only really had two prolonged spells out while he has been with us.

Vlaar is injury prone. Like other posters said nearly 2 seasons out in Holland, missed a third of last season and now seems to be having a recurring calf problem. I guess like Laursen if he didn't get injured all the time, he would not be at the Villa.

The team is unbalanced. Gabby benteke & weiman offers nothing. No width, no skill. It's to easy to defend against.

Lambert has to change it. He should play a 433 and have width & pace. We never seem to get in behind defences

Guzan

Bacuna vlaar Clark Bertrand

Kea gardener delph

Albrighton benteke tonev

Bacuna is our best rb

Gardener has to be better than Westwood

Albrighton & tonev give us width and pace

Gabby doesn't get in my team as he has pace but doesn't know how to be a effective footballer

Mentioned a few pages back but:

"Tbh I at the moment I just don't care anymore. I am sick of going to Villa Park expecting a defeat. I am sick of away fans seeing us as a easy win. I am sick of us patient Villa fans paying money to see total shit. I am sick of aimless possession football with no movement. I am sick of no runners and awful delivery into the penalty area. I am sick of this side falling apart whenever Vlaar gets injured. I am sick of the lack of investment and lack of passion of our owner. I am sick of Lambert delivering pish poor home results than even  under Mcleish would be seen as awful. I am sick of the best thing on match day being the chippy before the match.  I am sick of terrible traffic going and getting out of Villa park and the dark, wet, bleak nights. I am sick of dreading to watch match of the day. I am sick of Villa just run as a also ran club and staying in the premier league as a good season. I am sick of bullshit promises and no delivery. I am sick of it."

I completely agree with everything said above, aside from the bit regarding lack of investment.

I am done with Villa. I love the club so much, but there's a point where it becomes "meh, fck it", For me, that was today.

Fck. It.

Absolutely terrible but I'm almost numbed to it now. We're shit at home and we're barely Championship standard with Vlaar out. When he's out we literally lose to everyone and barely score a goal, so today came as no surprise to me really.

We need him back for Cardiff.

He's made of polystyrene so I wouldn't expect him back anytime soon and when he does get back you're just waiting for the next strain / twist / bump or whatever to keep him our for another month

He's not that bad.

Absolutely terrible but I'm almost numbed to it now. We're shit at home and we're barely Championship standard with Vlaar out. When he's out we literally lose to everyone and barely score a goal, so today came as no surprise to me really.

We need him back for Cardiff.

He's made of polystyrene so I wouldn't expect him back anytime soon and when he does get back you're just waiting for the next strain / twist / bump or whatever to keep him our for another month

He's not that bad.

Less than 200 club appearances in 10 years. He is.

He was out for almost 2 years with one incredibly bad injury.

Record this season with Vlaar playing, played 19 won 7, drew 5 and lost 7 (including against Chelsea) and without Vlaar played 6, drew 1 (where we were outplayed by Swansea) and lost 5, speaks volumes doesn't it

The two goals yesterday, thinking he might of stopped the first, but second was a shocking error from Fabian Delph. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the back-four, but has to cover Lowton's clueless League One arse.

Edited by Avflife

Downing is in fact a spineless cretin, but we made him look like a hardened Gangster.

We have far too many lightweights in our team, who just can't keep or pass the ball....also too many wrong decisions made

We really are weak mentally and physically. When Vlaar is out it shows like a beacon.

The other thing its all well and good saying there is money in the summer, we have been hanging off the cliff by our finger tips for 2 seasons......when is the state of the team going to dictate what we do in the transfer market rather then the balance sheet.

I understand the merits of a healthy balance sheet and what measures were necessary, but I just can't help thinking that the TIMING of most of the clubs big decisions is awry.

I have my doubts if we will ever get out of this mess.

ps There is no future with us for Clarke and Baker and I am of much the same mind with Westwood & Lowton

Edited by TRO

We do **** all with posession.

Its almost a direct correlation between possession and villa points. If we get over 60% of the ball, it is in matches like this when we doing nothing, nothing, with it. Yet with less than 30% of the ball we score 3 versus Southampton and win.

That to me is  a really significant correlation....Possession is usually a revered attribute and I would guess most of the top teams in European leagues enjoy big percentages in the main to win their leagues. So in my view it is still commodity to be pursued.....if you want to attain glory, that is.

We do what we do because we are uncomfortable with the ball and we have been for c 10 Years or so, some of our football at times is reminiscent of O'leary's days.

but how you can go from Arsenal & Liverpool away performances to that .....beggars belief.

Can somebody please tell Lambert that 5-2-3 doesn't work away and 4-3-3 doesn't work at home?

Villa park is one of (if not the biggest) pitch in the premiership. If you don't bring width you are just making hard work for yourselves. How many home defeats until that one sinks in?

• Like 1

For me the team did not play well I think everybody agrees there. But the supporters hardly did our bit, being out sung all match. And what the ,,,,,,, was the booing about when Bertrand limped off and Bennett came on.  

Bennett was not great last season but how many LB's do we have? First game of the season and the fans boo him really going to help him.  As it was he did not look out of place, from my seat.

H

Â