• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Okay
    • Good
    • Very Good

If you're going to sit back and counter you have to actually do something when you get the ball other than give it right back.  Some shocking play in the second half by players who are capable of better.  It was obvious tactics needed to change when we were giving the ball away that cheaply.

When I saw the ball coming in I could tell Clark was going to commit the silly foul and was thinking I'll be pissed off if the free kick leads to a goal.  That's the kind of play I always fear from Clark no matter how well he's been doing otherwise.  Great free kick, but Mirallas really is a petulant little weasel.

This place is going to be horrendous tonight.

First half tactics spot on, second half tactics wrong.

Bacuna MOTM.

What do you mean? The tactic were the same in both halfs

And it clearly worked in the first half. But in the second, when they found their stride a bit, we should have kept the ball a bit, rather than just giving it straight back. 

And it's halves.

Lambert's poor tactics, we were **** dreadful in the second-half, don't even think we had shot on target.

I'm not saying either of you are right, but that doesn't make sense as a response...

If you're going to sit back and counter you have to actually do something when you get the ball other than give it right back.  Some shocking play in the second half by players who are capable of better.  It was obvious tactics needed to change when we were giving the ball away that cheaply.

When I saw the ball coming in I could tell Clark was going to commit the silly foul and was thinking I'll be pissed off if the free kick leads to a goal.  That's the kind of play I always fear from Clark no matter how well he's been doing otherwise.  Great free kick, but Mirallas really is a petulant little weasel.

the Everton players never stopped pissing and moaning either

Lambert is tactically inept. Y sit back against a team who love to keep the ball and pass it

Because if you close down too much you leave gaps for them to exploit.

He didn't play that formation against Liverpool, should hav played same team swapped in albrighton for gabby

Because Liverpool have more ability to unlock a stubborn defence than Everton, if we'd played like that against Plop, Suarez would've torn us to shreds. Plus Liverpool don't keep the ball in the same way Everton do. Everton are more slow build up types and try exploit players switching off and use the wings. Liverpool play a more fast and free flowing game and get behind the defence with Suarez and Sturridge, the best way to negate that is to stop them putting those balls through.

If it wasn't for one mistake by Vlaar after 75 minutes, and a world class free kick, our tactics today would have completely stopped Everton today.

AH! The voice of reason. Totally agree. Anyone expecting us to go up there and play an open game against them at their place with their home record is deluded.

No you wouldn't play an open expansive game. You play smart and quickly. Benteke and Holt was never going to work. 5 at the back was never going to work. You press and harass in midfield... when they lose the ball or make an error you pounce. That's how we get results..normally with a 433 formation.

I love Bertrand. He is great. And works really well with Delph.

Our defense did well as a whole, even if we lost. I don't blame anyone for the goals against. Lambert asked too much from them.

Like everyone is saying, Lambert made several mistakes, which cost us the game.

Please don't start Holt anymore. He is a sub to bring on when we're leading.

Too bad for Leandro that his goal did not carry us until the end.

Shame that we conceded so late, but we got what we deserved out of that game, absolutely nothing.

There wasn't even any attempt to counter attack or play football, we got a goal by turning over play in their half, not by any tactical masterplan.

Sooner or later we were going to pay for Clark giving away another needless free kick, we had got away with it in the last few games.

impressive that some people are pointing to Holt as the main tactical failing considering we were winning 1-0 when he left the pitch. he didn't do much with the ball but he occupies defenders and he was part of the reason we kept them higher up the pitch in the first half. he did need to be withdrawn but I'd have gone with Albrighton to give a different kind of outlet which we needed badly. as it was, Benteke got completely isolated & we didn't hold the ball up at all in the last half hr. we certainly missed Gabby badly - he's esp important to us away from home.

Vlaar - I'd assume he was carrying some kind of injury before the match, so Lambert saw him as the defender to sacrifice

• Like 1

The same old problems are there week in week out, month in month out despite the results win lose or draw. However we are so Brittle we cannot afford to lose any of our best players like Gabby.

Edited by TRO

No shots in the second-half actually worth mentioning. PL = McClueless.

Weimann & Albrighton's dipping effort for the corner.

Still terrible having only 2 shots but no point obviously lying.

Lying lol, to say we were absolutely class and deserved all three points would be lying ;)

Â