• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Okay
    • Good
    • Very Good

Obviously we lost and there are areas to be addressed, but we lost to a better side. Take it on the chin chaps.

Lost to a better side how'd you work that one out?? They were missing two of their best players (Lukaku and Coleman) and looked completely clueless until they brought off Stones for Naysmith; the winning goal was nothing short of world-class btw.

Edited by Avflife

Obviously we lost and there are areas to be addressed, but we lost to a better side. Take it on the chin chaps.

Lost to a better side how'd you work that one out?? They were missing two of their best players (Lukaku and Coleman) and looked completely clueless until they brought off Stones for Naysmith; the winning goal was nothing short of world-class btw.

They're fighting for a Champions League place, we're fighting to stay in mid-table. Quite clearly way ahead of us in terms of team development. We were missing Gabby and Vlaar (for the latter part of the match). 

Umm they are 5th and even before they beat us had 15 more points than us in only 23 games?  Table don't lie.  Why they are so much better than us when Goodison is shitheap with hardly any boxes and they are the 4th biggest team in the northwest whereas we have a brillant stadium and biggest side by a mile in the midlands, is a different question altogether.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I would be happy to do that if we had tried to play them at football, but we didn't. Once again, we played like a bunch of chancers, nicking a goal from nowhere and just parking 8 men in front of our goal.

Said before the game that I wasn't happy with the 5-3-2 and the lack of pace in our forward line when our main weapon away from home is pacy counter attacks.

First half went pretty well, Guzan rarely troubled and we nicked a goal with our only shot on target

In the second half we were camped out in our defensive third, no outlet and it became clear what was likely to happen. PL seemed unable to change this but I still think we might have got a welcome point had Vlaar stayed on.

Oh and their fans are awful, didnt hear them once in the first half then their booed their team of.

They also joined in with our chants of 'you only sing when ur winning' by singing 'we only sing when wer winning'.

He needs to pick a formation&system and stick with it so players understand what is goin on

Guzan

Lowton vlaar Clark Bertrand

Gardener Delph

Albrighton Bacuna gabby

Benteke

Kea puts in a shift but lacks quality

Sylla doesn't seem to be up to it

Westwood is a bit basic

I put gardener in as he likes to pass the ball, adds height & presence to our lightweight team and has a good shot I'm sure he can add the same if not more than Westwood

Holt is in team as we lack experience we have no one to nag the ref, we don't have players who 'win' free kicks were a bit too nice. Every team we play we're at a disadvantage because we don't exploit the situations to our benefit.

• Like 1

Holt is in team as we lack experience we have no one to nag the ref, we don't have players who 'win' free kicks were a bit too nice. Every team we play we're at a disadvantage because we don't exploit the situations to our benefit.

I could not agree more. Really good insight.

• Like 1

We have a very inexperienced team. But we are doin ok although I would like us to be a bit nastier/sneaky especially at home teams come to villa park and just stroll about our beautiful pitch. We have a very young squad lambert is trying ensure we don't get another 8-1 hammering. We also should assume this will pretty much be sour squad for atleast 18 months

Special mention for our fans today who were absolutely incredible. That was possibly the best I've ever seen our away fans - I'm not exaggerating when I say that we sung literally non-stop for the entire first 45 minutes - song after song - and it was bedlam when we scored. Their fans, in stark contrast, were completely terrible and barely mustered a song even when they scored. I had to laugh at the poster a few pages back who said he turned the game on in the second half and it was notable how the home crowd were driving them on... erm, what!?

The fans deserved better than to lose 2-1 and unfortunately, playing the way we did, it was inevitable that they would eventually score. We've seen it so many times in the past, not just under Lambert, we get into a brilliant position in a game and then become our own worst enemies by camping in our penalty box. I tend to agree that, as Everton were without a recognised striker on the pitch today, it was a great chance to come away with something and the tactics and substitutions in the second-half just contributed to our downfall. Thought most of the players battled well but we got the tactics/formation wrong today and as usual it's a case of two steps forward, one step back.

• Like 3

It's a good point, we are far too "nice" as a team. All other teams for example nick a few yards at throw ins and free kicks. Our players are all like school prefects taking no sneaky yards.

I think hoolahan and holt would have been the wiseman amongst our young ones just to share there knowledge as our most experience player is gabby no disrespect to gabby but that is poor

Â