Best/Funniest Villa Football Chant/ Song Ever?

villa-revolution

It may sound trite but "Villa, Villa, Villa etc" is my favourite chant.

This, sang as slow as possible. Elongating it to the point you think you'll pass out, because you've not breathed in yet.

Recently, I always enjoyed the full version of the Ashley Young song.

2:57 = That's what I'm talking about!

• Like 2

Couple from the Southampton away game that made me laugh were "Is there a fire drill?" as their fans started leaving and also a few times "You only sing when you're drawing" :P

"You're just a fat Spanish waiter" was sang at Benitez last season.

Some of the loudest singing I've heard was at the Bolton home game in the McLeish era when we went 2-1 down, the whole stadium was singing "the villa is ours, the villa is ours....f*** off McLeish, the villa is ours".

well this story is slightly undermined by me completely forgetting the words / tune but here goes:

When Tommy Johnson left Villa for Celtic I ended up in Glasgow in the away end of a european qualifier, the team they were playing got well beaten 6 or 8 nil with Tommy scoring a few. Due to the overwhelming superiority of Celtic the crowd was a little quiet after about goal number 5, except me and 2 other Villa fans in the away end singing :

Super, super Tom

Super, Super Tom

Super, super Tom

Super Tommy Johnson

... or whatever the bloody song was, followed a rousing chorus of 'Villa! Villa! Villa!'

the first time we did it, he noticed it and looked a bit puzzled, staring over at us in the away end and wondering what the hell was going on

second time he scored he gave his main celebration to the Celtic fans then jogged across to the three idiots in the away end, again chanting 'Villa, Villa' and gave us our own little salute and laugh.

Edited by chrisp65

Homophobic one but the "Upson takes it up the ass" was funny at the time

When Elton came on to the pitch at Watford the away support sang 'Does yer missus know you're queer?'

Quite funny at the time, although I appreciate that the world has moved on. Then again it could be seen as a legitimate question.

Poor Renata!

If I recall we were well beaten that day.

This, sang as slow as possible. Elongating it to the point you think you'll pass out, because you've not breathed in yet.

Recently, I always enjoyed the full version of the Ashley Young song.

2:57 = That's what I'm talking about!

That's a quality clip dAVe80. Love the bit at 4:07 where Brian Little shakes hands in triumph with the immortal & legendary Villa Photographer Terry Weir. (RIP)

• Like 1

Last game under GT before he went to England.

Everton away, barmy game - I think that it was a 3-3 draw, one of which was an interesting 'cross' from Tony Daly.

Away crowd sang 'Graham Taylor's Claret and Blue Army' all the way through the game, including half time, when it was even louder. Everton supporters couldn't believe it.

Continued singing until well after the game and refused, to a man, to leave until the great man had (reluctantly) come out to say his final farewell.

If ever there was a day that I was proud to be a Villan, it was that day.

Now that was a game! The support that day was fantastic although if I had of known that the Dr V was coming in I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it so much.

We had a lad from Bradford come with us that day (no idea why) anyway he was really giving it loads on the way out when someone from the Everton end threw tickets roll which was reasonably heavy anyway it hit him and put him on his arse, honestly I couldn't help him for laughing!

The funniest song ever for me is unfortunately not one of ours but Celtic fans to Andy Goram after he was diagnosed with schizophrenia "There's only 2 Andy Gorams, 2 Andy Gorams.....", maybe it's my sick SOH.

I remember the chant 'Fergie, on the dole, Fergie Fergie on the dole' when we beat Utd 3-0 on Boxing Day in 1989.  Why couldn't they have just sacked him then?

When Tony Adams got sent down it was "Where's your donkey gone, Where's your donkey gone?"

Loved the Dwight Yorke song, some great memories of that.  A song with a unique verse and a great ending. Any chance we can scour the lower leagues for someone with the same surname just so we can sing it again?

Sure - there is goalscorer Wes York of Nuneaton Town... My beloved Nuneaton Town...

http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Nuneaton-Town-forward-Wes-York-admits-transfer/story-20358528-detail/story.html

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1

I remember being in the middle of the crowd at my first game when I was six, standing on the Holte with my Dad, overawed by all the people who surrounded me when suddenly they all stretch out their hands over their heads and, at the top of their lungs sing out "Villa, Villa, Villa".

It gave me goosebumps and what's more the straight forwardness and simplicity of the song meant I could join in as quick as that.

There I was five minutes in to my first ever game before a ball had been kicked singing along with forty thousand people instantly feeling like I belonged. :flag:

Even now, when enough people get in to it, the chant makes my hairs stand on end.

"There's only one Villa" as well for similar reasons.

Because there is only one Villa and that makes me proud to be a part of it...Don't be coming to me with villareal, that's one word so doesn't count...So no to Red Bull haha.

I read this back and it sounds like indoctrination

which I guess it is.

that's my favourite also, its the only chant I like by us and when it gets going its loud as hell, not very imaginative but I love it, other than that we sing absolute cringeworthy songs

In the Liverpool slums

In the Liverpool slums

They look in the dustbin for something to eat

They find a dead dog and they think it's a treat

In the Liverpool slums.

In your Liverpool homes

In your Liverpool homes

You talk with an accent exceedingly rare

You wear pink shellsuits and have curly hair

In your liverpool homes

Â