Best/Funniest Villa Football Chant/ Song Ever?

villa-revolution

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Reinvented many years later with cries of Sareth Gouth Gouth Gate, Sareth Gouth Gouth Gate. 

Anyone remember the sheep bleating noises which used to echo around The Holte and singing insulting songs about General Gadaffi? 

I used to love the rendition of " villa are back, villa are back" at the first sign of a few goals or decent play.

perhaps i am answering my own question, why its a dormant chant.

**** me its a gloomy place nowadays.

• Like 2

Can't be bothered to read it all. Has anyone mentioned David Beckenham being asked of Vicky "Do you take her up the Arsenal?" 

Peter Reid got a effin monkeys head. Mean but not entirely inaccurate. 

Happy Birthday to Spurs would have been the undisputed champion if we hadn't then messed up. 

I always liked "The Holte Ends bigger than your ground" when Wimbledon came to town. 

30 minutes ago, colhint said:

Burnley fans recently sang to Mourieno

You're just a Pulis with Money

Quite a career to have accomplished.....that chant.

it must have all been worthwhile, I'm sure the effort was rewarding to get an endorsement like that.

Away to WBA a couple of years ago, perhaps more in favour of the WBA fans but still a really good exhange of chants between the fans. It wasn't the season we went down, but of the previous one when we were in decline and in the lower parts of the table.

WBA fans: "You're going down my Lord, going down!"

Villa fans: "How does it feel my Lord, how does it feel?"

WBA fans: "You'll find out my Lord, you'll find out!"

:)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Away to WBA a couple of years ago, perhaps more in favour of the WBA fans but still a really good exhange of chants between the fans. It wasn't the season we went down, but of the previous one when we were in decline and in the lower parts of the table.

WBA fans: "You're going down my Lord, going down!"

Villa fans: "How does it feel my Lord, how does it feel?"

WBA fans: "You'll find out my Lord, you'll find out!"

:)

Yeah and the other classic... Obsessed with Villa... We know what you are :D

Sorry if already mentioned but one of my fave chants ever was the one heard sung at Park Ji-Sung when he played for Man U, but it wasn’t against us so can’t remember who sang it. I never actually heard it in real life, but was told about it, so I suppose it could just be a myth, but still:

(to the tune of lord of the dance)

”Park, Park, wherever you may be,

They eat dogs in your home country,

But it could be worse, you could be scouse,

Eating rats in your council house.”

(edit: sorry I just realised this is off topic as not Villa related.)

Edited by alreadyexists

14 hours ago, TRO said:

Recognise Rossy and Keith

Eyes right, Dougal Mob

From left to right, Loz Greaves, Dave Barr, Dean Miah, Rosco, Tony Hemmings, Archie Gemmill, Goldie(rear), Mickey Price

Micky Standbridge, Keith Bryenton, (Holte Enders in the Sky lyrics and many more), Reggae Ray, Paul Ali at the front,

Bobby Haywood had just left, Foxy, Martin Newton, Jolly Rogers, Klepto and a few others could not make it along with HEITS

14 hours ago, colhint said:

Burnley fans recently sang to Mourieno

You're just a Pulis with Money

If we're going for funny football chants in general the funniest I have ever heard was when Andy Goram was diagnosed with schizophrenia.  In his next game the opposition fans kept singing "2 Andy Gorams, there's only 2 Andy Gorams" etc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tismyk said:

Eyes right, Dougal Mob

From left to right, Loz Greaves, Dave Barr, Dean Miah, Rosco, Tony Hemmings, Archie Gemmill, Goldie(rear), Mickey Price

Micky Standbridge, Keith Bryenton, (Holte Enders in the Sky lyrics and many more), Reggae Ray, Paul Ali at the front,

Bobby Haywood had just left, Foxy, Martin Newton, Jolly Rogers, Klepto and a few others could not make it along with HEITS

Can't see Foxy, maybe he's changed.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If we're going for funny football chants in general the funniest I have ever heard was when Andy Goram was diagnosed with schizophrenia.  In his next game the opposition fans kept singing "2 Andy Gorams, there's only 2 Andy Gorams" etc

We are a forgiving lot aren't we.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Maybe because he's not there, I said he could not make it:rolleyes:

Sorry.....but shows i wasn't talking bollocks genuine, friend.

my jokes are better though.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2018 at 12:15, tismyk said:

Eyes right, Dougal Mob

Where's Pete the Greek ?

One thing I would say is why do we not sing "Villa, Villa, VILLLAAA" when we come out everytime anymore?

Holte Enders in the Sky is overused and is also not even sung correctly... It's got it's place but it gets sung so much more often now than it used to.

We need more pro-Villa songs and less anti-Blues songs - though I know everyone says that.

Â