Best/Funniest Villa Football Chant/ Song Ever?

villa-revolution

Villa away to Southampton a few years back.  We were losing 2-1 and this was at the height of the "EASY!" chant and the Saints fans were taking the mick.  Two goals later (with Villa 3-2 up) and the whole Villa end doing the "EASY" chant back. The look on this particular Saints supporter's face when the whole end were pointing at him and he just got up and walked out. Priceless.

Seem to recall Mathew Upson getting some stick at Villa Park when he got injured too!

I guess Brian Little is my favourite Villa player of all time and that was absolutely his best season. Such a shame injuries cut his playing career short.

some of his footwork was priceless.....his balance and poise is just something to dream about now.

to top it all.....great fella too.

• Like 1

I seem to a recall a load of drunk villa fans doing the conga on a train back from london to the sound of 'Dududuuuu The eric djemba djemba' after he'd left us... as a kid, that was one of the funniest moments ever. Just left my dad and uncle with my brother and cousins and joined in.The odd drunk falling over and we went past the whole train getting the most disguisted looks ever.

Man, how I miss the away games.

• Like 1

My garden shed (my garden shed)

Is bigger than this (is bigger than this)

My garden shed is bigger than this

It's got a door and a window

Singing this at smaller away grounds is always a favourite. I remember the first time I heard us sing this, at an away game in 1998. I was pissing myself! I'm usually one of the first ones to try to get it going these days ha ha. 

There have been loads of great ones but this one is definitely up there for me!

The John Carew chant always made me laugh as well, mainly because he'd always turn around and clap us, even when the game was in progress and the ball was in play!

• Like 1

My personal favourite, going back 4 years to that cup quarter final against Reading (2-0 down at half-time then we banged in 4 in the second half).  I was squirreled away in the home end and, as such, keeping myself to myself.  That was, until the Reading fans started an enthusiastic rendition of "Emile Heskey's **** shit".

I joined in.

• Like 3

Singing this at smaller away grounds is always a favourite. I remember the first time I heard us sing this, at an away game in 1998. I was pissing myself! I'm usually one of the first ones to try to get it going these days ha ha.

I like this one a lot too. It's actually funnier when sung at the really big grounds, I find :lol:

Sheff Utd sung a weird version of it on the train to Witton the other week -

My garden shed's

as big as this

My garden shed's

as big as this

it's got a doooorrrr

and windows

My garden shed's

as big as this

They're doing it wrong!

Pretty sure I remember this chant last season, after losing to Chelsea 8-0 and Spurs 4-0, Wigan then came and won 3-0 and we started chanting 'How shit must you be, you've only scored 3'. Don't think it lasted very long, most people had left and the ones still there were too depressed to even join in.

Another was Liverpool away, Marlon Harewood came on when 1-0 down and scored an overhead kick. We didn't have a proper chant for him at the time so when 'Du, du, du, Marlon F***ing Harewood' broke out it was pretty funny and continued through the rest of the game and outside the ground.

I liked the Ashley Young chant, Claret Ribbon when on a cup run, and the one for MON which started with 'When I was young, I had a dream..' 

A not so good one was the 'Eduardo' chant at Arsenal but everyone joined in purely because of how angry it was making the Arsenal fans. They actually got up off their seats and started throwing their arms around, very aggressive that for Gooners.

Edited by AndyM3000

My personal favourite, going back 4 years to that cup quarter final against Reading (2-0 down at half-time then we banged in 4 in the second half).  I was squirreled away in the home end and, as such, keeping myself to myself.  That was, until the Reading fans started an enthusiastic rendition of "Emile Heskey's **** shit".

I joined in.

**** hell Gareth that must've been some job keeping quiet during that game. It was pandemonium in the away end when we came back.

Edited by Mantis

I joined in.

That's reminded me of the 6-4 against Blackburn.  They started singing "Heskey's shit my lord" too which we replied "Heskey scored my lord".  I also maintain that me and my mate started that from the Lower north.

There have been loads of great ones but this one is definitely up there for me!

The John Carew chant always made me laugh as well, mainly because he'd always turn around and clap us, even when the game was in progress and the ball was in play!

I've never liked "My garden shed" and "All I care about" chants, they're my least favourite chants of all time (not knocking those that do BTW)

It was great being able to sing "Seven times we've won it no-one else can catch us up" - sadly there's a few clubs that have caught us up and won the FA cup more times than we have.

**** hell Gareth that must've been some job keeping quiet during that game. It was pandemonium in the away end when we came back.

I went to my Zen place*

*picturing Eliza Dushku

• Like 1

when i used stand  on the old Holte, I would be about 13/14 and we used stand behind some older lads in their early 20's....This was around the time of skin heads and football thuggery at its height

These guys were "jack the lads" more interested in other things than fighting.

they used to bellow out a tune that used make us chuckle, it goes like this, excuse the language...

Eyes right foreskins tight bollocks to the front

We are the boys that cause no noise but we’re

Always after c***, we’re the heroes of the night

And we’d rather f*** than fight ..we’re the heroes

Of the dougal fusiliers.

with rendition in unison of .......Oi oi oi oi oi

Thats if i can remember it all, what it had to do with football and Villa, I'm still trying to work out, but it sounded impressive with a load of lads bellowing it out in aggressive tones.

those were the days, when boys were boys.....just joking

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

That would have been the old Dougal  mobs chant, I was a member, there were well over a hundred of us if everyone turned up, we followed the Villa to every match and were well known all

over the country by fans and players, indeed we had a few Villa youth players in our ranks now and again Jake Findlay, Bobby McDonald, Brian's brother Alan Little and others that I have forgot.

Those days, the early 70`s till early 80`s were without doubt the best time to support the Villa, Sadly I know a lot of us are now Holte Enders in the Sky, myself (Mickey Price) and Keith Bryenton

who  the lyrics for Hole Enders in the Sky still sit on the Lowe Holte End, so if any of you old uns could come and see us in row CC134, we love to see you as we are trying to arrange a Dougal

Mob reunion, the likes of Jinksy, Reggae Ray, Mickey Standbridge, Foxy, Goldie, Bobby Haywood Steve Elmer, were are you UTV.

• Like 1

That would have been the old Dougal  mobs chant, I was a member, there were well over a hundred of us if everyone turned up, we followed the Villa to every match and were well known all

over the country by fans and players, indeed we had a few Villa youth players in our ranks now and again Jake Findlay, Bobby McDonald, Brian's brother Alan Little and others that I have forgot.

Those days, the early 70`s till early 80`s were without doubt the best time to support the Villa, Sadly I know a lot of us are now Holte Enders in the Sky, myself (Mickey Price) and Keith Bryenton

who  the lyrics for Hole Enders in the Sky still sit on the Lowe Holte End, so if any of you old uns could come and see us in row CC134, we love to see you as we are trying to arrange a Dougal

Mob reunion, the likes of Jinksy, Reggae Ray, Mickey Standbridge, Foxy, Goldie, Bobby Haywood Steve Elmer, were are you UTV.

I too was good friends with Bobby Mac, Jake Findlay and Andy Gray.....I also know foxy.

In Andy's Hay day we used to frequent the Aero club and our little group was dubbed the. "box of toys" boys being boys I guess.

Those were great days to be a villa fan....could write a book.

• Like 1

Found that really interesting.....I often wondered who they were.....characters obviously.

• Like 1

i thought the steve bruce song "sit down potato head" whas funny when he hugged the dug out..i think one of his staff/players must have said something along the lines of ( are they shouting about you boss?) ..brussie turned around & pointed at the member of staff with a grin, he took his ribbing with a laugh

jason lee "hes got a pineapple on his head"

Â