Best/Funniest Villa Football Chant/ Song Ever?

villa-revolution

15 hours ago, TRO said:

HaHa.....I was a young fan standing in the Holte and I used to hear the Dougal mob chant the....

Eyes right foreskins tight , bollocks to the front,

we are the boys, that cause no noise,

but we,re always after ****

we're the heroes of the night

and we'd rather **** than fight

we're the heroes of the  dougal fusiliers....oi,oi,oi,oi.

I'm not sure if I got all that right.....its just what I remember from the terraces.

My gosh TRO what year was this?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tismyk said:

We started singing that in 1971 died out in the early 80`s as the Dougal diminished.

Forgive me - I was around then mid seventies but on the old Witton standing with my uncle ( RIP Uncle Jack I owe you a lot) what/ who is the Dougal ? I feel a bit ashamed to have to ask.

7 hours ago, blandy said:

We are the boys who make no noise

in our hunt for

What ever it was as a c14 year old and being impressionable.......I thought it was funny.:D

ps seems I got my age wrong judging by tismyk's comments.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, tismyk said:

We started singing that in 1971 died out in the early 80`s as the Dougal diminished.

Was it as late as that, I thought I was much younger......in that case I was 20....thought it was very comical.

as a matter of interest did I get the words right?

• Like 1

I'm sure it's already been mentioned but after the news that Carew had been spending a little too much of his time at the Rocket Club - "Get your tits out for Carew!"

The big man was warming up with Delfouneso on the sideline and he couldn't quite make it out, so ND told him, much to his amusement.

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tismyk said:

Very close and it was sung yesterday, but make no noise rather than cause no noise, seems a bit odd now we are all in our mid sixties, but we had the best time ever to be Villans

brill.....me too mid sixties.

I should support Chelsea....being a pensioner....just kidding.

VTID

• Like 1

I can't remember which match it was but one of the home games in what I figure must be the 90-91 season, and before the players came out a black & white cat suddenly appeared  pitchside and ran and up the touch line.

After about 30 seconds the the Holte end started chanting " Cats-carino , Cats-carino  ! "

On 11/02/2017 at 11:11, JimmyRimmersGloves said:

There used to be a drunk guy in the old upper trinity (late 70s early 80s) who always gave us a rendition of One Rimmy Jimmer theres only one Rimmy Jimmer anyone else remember this. Also when the trinity used to stamp their feet on the wooden floor used to get the whole place rockin.

It was me :D

• Like 1

On 11/02/2017 at 15:31, lexicon said:

I'm sure it's already been mentioned but after the news that Carew had been spending a little too much of his time at the Rocket Club - "Get your tits out for Carew!"

The big man was warming up with Delfouneso on the sideline and he couldn't quite make it out, so ND told him, much to his amusement.

Carew was for me the last genuinely entertaining player we had. You never knew which Carew would turn up. Had real charisma. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2015 at 18:48, tismyk said:

That would have been the old Dougal  mobs chant, I was a member, there were well over a hundred of us if everyone turned up, we followed the Villa to every match and were well known all

over the country by fans and players, indeed we had a few Villa youth players in our ranks now and again Jake Findlay, Bobby McDonald, Brian's brother Alan Little and others that I have forgot.

Those days, the early 70`s till early 80`s were without doubt the best time to support the Villa, Sadly I know a lot of us are now Holte Enders in the Sky, myself (Mickey Price) and Keith Bryenton

who  the lyrics for Hole Enders in the Sky still sit on the Lowe Holte End, so if any of you old uns could come and see us in row CC134, we love to see you as we are trying to arrange a Dougal

Mob reunion, the likes of Jinksy, Reggae Ray, Mickey Standbridge, Foxy, Goldie, Bobby Haywood Steve Elmer, were are you UTV.

Haha....takes me back.....they were great time to be a fan, I could write a book.

I too used to knock around with Bobby and Jake too....ask them for a rendition of the " box of toys" chant we used to sing in the Aero club adjacent to Birmingham Airport....Andy G used to be there too.

Foxy still is a pal, apart from his crap jokes.

Edited by TRO

• 10 months later...
On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 16:12, TRO said:

Haha....takes me back.....they were great time to be a fan, I could write a book.

I too used to knock around with Bobby and Jake too....ask them for a rendition of the " box of toys" chant we used to sing in the Aero club adjacent to Birmingham Airport....Andy G used to be there too.

Foxy still is a pal, apart from his crap jokes.

Met up with Foxy just before Xmas with a few others from the Dougal in the Windsor,  and last week around 15 of the old Dougal had a meet in The Rose Briar,

we`re getting the mob back together and Foxy`s  jokes are the same as in the 70`s,   get me a crocodile sandwich,          and make it snappy , we now have a Dougal Mob

facebook page, which is open to anyone to see but not post atm

26173404_2088863861337692_2955000596935683346_o (2).jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tismyk said:

Met up with Foxy just before Xmas with a few others from the Dougal in the Windsor,  and last week around 15 of the old Dougal had a meet in The Rose Briar,

we`re getting the mob back together and Foxy`s  jokes are the same as in the 70`s,   get me a crocodile sandwich,          and make it snappy , we now have a Dougal Mob

facebook page, which is open to anyone to see but not post atm

26173404_2088863861337692_2955000596935683346_o (2).jpg

Recognise Rossy and Keith

• Like 1

I think that singing empty seats m'lord at the away fans in a half empty Villa Park followed by Shit Support M'lord when it's the first song we've sung in half an hour is hilarious.  

Not in a good way but in a manic,  embarrassed,  nervous laugh in the face of the horror of it all kind of way wishing to god it would stop. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

On 11/02/2017 at 11:11, JimmyRimmersGloves said:

There used to be a drunk guy in the old upper trinity (late 70s early 80s) who always gave us a rendition of One Rimmy Jimmer theres only one Rimmy Jimmer anyone else remember this. Also when the trinity used to stamp their feet on the wooden floor used to get the whole place rockin.

Reinvented many years later with cries of Sareth Gouth Gouth Gate, Sareth Gouth Gouth Gate. 

Anyone remember the sheep bleating noises which used to echo around The Holte and singing insulting songs about General Gadaffi? 

Â