Alien Isolation

hogso

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That content is exciting for any Alien fan no doubt, but the fact Sega have made it a pre-order incentive is despicable after the Colonial Marines bullshit. 

They have seen sense though, presumably from the backlash after the initial announcement, and added that it'll be available as regular DLC content sometime after launch!

• Like 1

I'm a huge Alien fan, and sci-fi in general but this game looks absolutely terrifying. I'm a massive pussy, the thought of being stalked and hunted can't be matched in anything other than computer games. I'm currently playing through Metro: Last Light and it's giving me kittens :P Look forward to watching playthroughs though. 

the fact Sega have made it a pre-order incentive is despicable

I don't think it is actually, seeing as this may be the only time, ever, that a pre order bonus is actually worth paying full whack for a game on day one.

• 2 months later...

The reviews for this are all over the place.

Guardian : 100/100
IGN – 5.9/10
Official Xbox UK Mag – 9/10
Gamespot – 6/10
Angry Centaur – BUY
Joystiq - 4/5
Kotaku -YES
Total Xbox - 9/10
Playstation Trophies - 9/10
PC Gamer : 93
Eurogamer : 90
Destructoid : 85
Meristation : 70
The Escapist : 90

(Copied from somewhere else, but I assume they are correct)

Ign said it was too long for what it is and they didn't enjoy that you kept on dying

Hours spent hiding in lockers watching a motion tracker classed as gameplay

Gamespot said that the alien stuff is brilliant but there is loads of filler like menial tasks and that overall it's pretty boring

The preview I read in games tm said that was their favourite element of it, dying over and over again and then the randomness of it resulting in no patterns, you have to do the learning curve of the games mechanics to avoid dying rather than simply memorising how you last died

I'm not convinced by tbh, bad month for it too, will see how the price goes around Christmas

Edited by villa4europe

Yeah, seems to suffer from pacing problems, and is overly long. The ending is weak, and there is barely any plot or characterisation, apparently. Although it does look amazing, the survival horror gameplay works fine, and it's a perfect representation of the Alien world. Unfortunately the DLC can't be played yet, so nowhere can review it until release day. Shame, I'm curious about it.

Curious definitely but there is something stopping me from getting it that I can't put my finger on.

Plus after Colonial Marines I reserve the right to be cautious and wait it out. Maybe once it's in the bargain bin I will bite.

its the number of games coming out for me, not spending £40 on a risk when there are several games this month that i know will be good and several more next month

if that game had come out 3/4 months ago when everything was quiet then i wouldnt have any hesitation in getting it

• Like 1

its the number of games coming out for me, not spending £40 on a risk when there are several games this month that i know will be good and several more next month

if that game had come out 3/4 months ago when everything was quiet then i wouldnt have any hesitation in getting it

Can't recommend renting enough. Just play thru, return, get another game in the post. Costs around £10 a month. 

Can't recommend renting enough. Just play thru, return, get another game in the post. Costs around £10 a month. 

Who do you rent your games through Patrick?

Anyone got this then? Impressions/thoughts? How does the ps4 version run? I've heard the retail version has very choppy and jerky cut scenes (via Eurogamer forums) but wanted to know if anyone else has seen this.

Still not sure about it but I must admit, Im getting more tempted to pick it up despite my reservations

Â