Alien Isolation

hogso

Although it's already been mentioned in the Colonial Marines thread, the previews (hands on previews I should add) of this deem it sufficent enough to get it's own thread.

Basically - it looks good. Really, really good. Rumours were true in that it is set between Alien and Aliens and has you playing as Ripley's daughter, while she tries to find out what happens to her mum, like. This leads her to a space station, and guess what. There's a Xeno onboard, ofc.

It seems to be very much an old school survival horror game for the new gen - you will seldom have weapons, and the best tactic is to usually run and hide. There are cramped enviroments, moody lightning, and (for the most part at least it seems) only the one Alien that you have to...avoid being killed by, rather than killing it, it seems.

It's been in development for 3 years for the new gen (although will be on PS3 and 360 aswell) as is one of the finest looking games I've seen for the new gen so far. Also, the devs confirm it's single player only, which is also encouraging.

Can't really post any vid or pics, it's a bit difficult at work so er do it yerself if yer want.

• Like 1

Given the utter utter horlicks they made of Colonial Marines having made a decent looking trailer I will wait until the game is reviewed before getting too excited.

What is there looks promising.

I like that they're even using Giger's original Alien design.  I think pretty much every Alien game thus far has gone with Cameron's models (ridged head, wider tail).  This stimulates my nerd-node.

• Like 1

Given the utter utter horlicks they made of Colonial Marines having made a decent looking trailer I will wait until the game is reviewed before getting too excited.

What is there looks promising.

Different developer this time. Creative Assembly of Total War fame.

• 2 weeks later...

Its all about the atmosphere

If they can capture the pure essence of fear it will be a great game

I really do not understand the trailer either xenomorphs hunt by detecting pheromones i very much doubt ducking and peeking round a corner will hide you from them

Developed by creative assembly lets hope its not released in an alpha state like the majority of their games are

Edited by AshVilla

Â