Alien Isolation

hogso

I've got it on the PS3, some of the cut scenes are a little jerky but nothing major, I basically spent about 90 minuteswondering round doing nothing, not even having to hide...then shit got real.

You have to think about everything, how much noise is your next action going to make, where can you hide what possible escape routes are there etc. I have so far only caught a quick glimpse of the aliens tail. I'm loving it so far, and I do recommend playing it with the lights off, the soundtrack is what gets your heart rate going.

It might get a bit samey the more that I play it but at the moment it's brilliant

Good. You don't always get your first choice game but you do almost always get one of your top 3 choices (from a list of 10 or so - I have no intention of playing the games at the bottom of the list). Turnaround is as fast as the post - they'll dispatch your next game within a couple of hours of receiving the last one back. 

• Like 1

I both want to play this game and go nowhere near it.

As I say, for the little time I have spent on the game I would reccommend it. The only concern is that if the objectives become samey or lack imagination then the game could get a little boring but for where I am up to so far it is great.

Seems the DLCs are incredibly short, but recreate the scenes from the film perfectly - including crawling around the air vents with a flamethrower, being guided by Lambert. There is no Jones the Cat though. Booooooooooooo

I've only been watching playthroughs of this, as i'm a massive wimp for this sort of isolated / survival game but it's absolutely incredible how they captured that late 70s/early 80s sci-fi style, it actually just looks exactly like the set of the Nostromo when it starts of. Great stuff.

The fact your real world sounds can effect what happens in game makes everything more terrifiying.

I tend to fart a lot when I'm scared. Should I refrain from purchasing?

Aliens are repulsed by the smell.

You'll walk this game, and it will present little to no challenge for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Â