Alien Isolation

hogso

Yeah it's pretty terrifying - I ended up getting a bit impatient (was playing half-cut at about 11pm) and read a walkthrough for the section I'm on and realised it will be my first encounter with the xenomorph, genuinely have mixed feelings about loading it up later on today!

I haven't played it for a while, not because I'm bored of it at all but because it is one of them games that demands a few hours, you can't just chuck it on for 20 minutes and switch it back off.

I've spent ages getting some dudes keycard with the Xeno relentlessly stalking me, I don't think I've managed managed to do that bit yet

Had a go of this on my mate's PS4 earlier in the week. I want to buy the console for myself now after playing it, absolutely brilliant and genuinely quite terrifying in parts. I think they've captured the atmosphere and aesthetics from the film(s) perfectly.

Edit: Not to contradict myself, but for whoever has it on PS3/360, is there much of a difference visually? I watched a youtube playthrough of it on the 360 and it looked pretty similar graphics-wise to the PS4 version.

Edited by JoshVilla

I saw on the TV last night that this is 24.99 on Ps4/XBONE in GAME, which is half price apparently.

My wife absolutely loves the Alien films (she's a proper sci-fi nerd, after her old man :)) so even though she doesn't like playing games, I've thought it's maybe something we can play together for a while :D

Edited by lapal_fan

I saw on the TV last night that this is 24.99 on Ps4/XBONE in GAME, which is half price apparently.

My wife absolutely loves the Alien films (she's a proper sci-fi nerd, after her old man :)) so even though she doesn't like playing games, I've thought it's maybe something we can play together for a while :D

This, along with the Last of Us, are the only games my girlfriend has watched me play rather intently. 24.99 is a bargain - I picked it up in Tesco for 44.99.

Had two terrifying deaths playing it last night - I wasn't that disappointed given how visually brilliant they are without giving too much away! (I also agree with the post above about sticking it on for about an hour or so and playing one mission at a time).

My wife absolutely loves the Alien films (she's a proper sci-fi nerd, after her old man :)) so even though she doesn't like playing games, I thought I could rope her into playing this with me because I'm too scared to play by myself.

Fixed.

Oh right, I thought it was to sort out the jerky cutscenes which was obviously disproved once the game starts. That aside it's rather good isn't it, feel like a right wuss playing this :)

It's a 1.02 patch issue. The temp work around is to revert to version 1.01 which means reinstalling the game to your PS4 by deleting the game's data files (not your saves!). Alternatively you can hang fire for the new patch.

Â