Alien Isolation

hogso

Ok this is the first time that I am getting genuinely pissed off with the game now, this part just isn't fun at all I'm on the part where I need to find a trauma kit, it's **** ridiculous.

I've just took a look online and there is quite a few people saying that this part is spoiling the game for them, I'm playing it on hard setting but this is just crap now.

Old xeno goes off on one and stalks me like a mother ****, I hide, hold my breath, he walks off then 2 seconds later he comes from the other side and kills me, like he actually just appears out of nowhere to do it.

Getting really really really really frustrated with this part now

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding it annoying, does the alien genuinely wander round or does it just keep spawning in places where you are? Rather than being stealthy you seem to just have to do a task, hide, do a task, hide.

it didn't seem to spawn for me, but just when you'd think it was okay to venture out (after hiding initially) it would come shooting back to your area - i would generally stay hidden until after the second time it came back then there appeared to be a decent window of time to move on to the next area.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've only just realised that the guy you meet at the start of this game, Axel, is a complete double for Grant Morrison, the Scottish comic book writer god.

They're even both Scottish. And Morrison claims to have had an encounter with aliens as well.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Does this still hold up well? I've had this in my Steam library for about 2 years and haven't even downloaded it yet. :blush:

Visually still one of the best as its aesthetic is as close to the 1979 movie as a game with current tech can get.

Gameplay wise its a very standard run and hide horror game so provided you're into that then the gameplay hasn't aged a bit.

I'd say give it a play ideally with the lights off and some decent headphones on.

That said I understand not getting around to it, I have hundreds of games on Steam that were bought and just left to gather dust that will likely never be played. 

Â