Formula One 2014

BOF

• 4 weeks later...

Hamilton picked up his tenth win of the season yesterday and with that became the most successful British F1 ever in terms of wins, Hamilton 32, Mansell 31.Bar any **** ups from Merc, the title is Hamilton's but he doesn't do winning the title easy.

Also, I actually really enjoyed yesterdays race even with the reduced number of cars and the cars that retired throughout the race as there were battles going on all the time right until the end. Vergne's 'overtake' on Grosjean was brilliant yet very dangerous.

Roll on Brazil at the weekend.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Grosjean driving like a 13 year old playing an F1 video game for the last 10 or so laps.

It was mental, Grosjean was going wide at every corner that didn't require significant braking. Great to watch though.

I just have this feeling Hamilton will win in Brazil, 11th win of the season, 6th in a row and then retire from Abu Dhabi with a pathetic puncture or broken wing and Rosberg who has been outclassed all year pick up the world championship.

• 3 weeks later...

here's hoping McLaren's delay on announcing their line up is to allow Jenson to prove himself again this week ( not that he needs to, at 106 points to 55 he's already comfortably beaten his team mate )

Given the salary they are inevitably chucking at Alonso, I'd imagine whatever happens they will stick with Magnussen who will be cheaper. 

that's what I was thinking but given it was seemingly almost certain and dead on a few weeks ago, according to the paddock I wondered why they didn't announce earlier. But we'll see. Would be a shame if Jenson wasn't at least told before the race "this is your last one".

Personally think Button has done enough to secure his seat but if the stumbling block is his salary i have zero sympathy if it goes to Magnussen instead.

He could quite easily race for peanuts, hes already a multi millionaire with sponsorship's coming out of his arse, if you really love the sport you wouldn't let your salary get in the way.

Â