Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

We dont know. Officially Norwich said he hadn't. Media have said he had. So it's more official from Norwich i guess.

Has he even played since it came out? I dont think he will even come on.. which to me says we will eventually get him when Norwich are happy with the price.

Edited by KSV

He has hardly played at all this season, so I don't think we can read anything into the fact that he hasn't played since we went after him.

He did start the two games prior to all this as mentioned above, he is being placed in the squad and not even being bought on. I think he did ask to move, but you know how their CEO reacts when Villa are involved. I'd be surprised if Hoolahan is on the bench this weekend with them adding Jonas.

• Like 1

Hoolahan for me is the type of player that the better the team he plays in the better he will look (if that makes sense!)

He picks up pockets of space and plays clever through balls and sometimes his teammates aren't on his wavelength and the ball rolls into the keepers hands. A better striker might read his thoughts and be clear on goal with a shooting opportunity.

I would welcome his signing but would like us to sign another "number 10" in the summer aswell if possible.

• Like 2

So are we thinking that the Hoolahan 'saga'/transfer is a slow burner rather than a no-goer?

Well i'd like to think its a no-goer and Lambert has moved onto other targets

Although i can see us panicking and paying over the odds for him on the last day of the window which will be plain stupid

• Like 2

Â