Sky V Virgin Media

kurtsimonw

Which one?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Sky?
    • Virgin Media?

At the moment I still subscribe to the TV, phone and broadband package that Virgin have. It is on Sunday that I will be switching over. I will be keeping my phone and broadband services with Virgin though.

Virgin out of principle alone although i have had sky before.

SKy have easily the best product at the moment, i'll be seeing what Virgin can offer us to try and compete otherwise i'll have little choice but to switch. Telewest werent as good but losing sky one and ssn has been a big blow.

Sky make me miss games I've paid to see.

Murdoch is a twunt

Sky's coverage is good

Virgin play the onnocent underdog despite being no such thing

Branson is a twunt

Never see Virgin Telly

His trains are pretty good

Neither.

£30 for Phone, Unlimited Internet and TV sounds good to me, that's with Virgin and what I'll go with in my new house.

Sky's "3 for £24" offer or whatever it is doesn't include BT's line rental... I'd have a harder decision to make if I could actually get Sky BB in Aldridge though...

Sky. Despite the anti competitive behaviour of them they do provide value for money and the service is currently miles better than anything else. I would imagine that Virgin and Setanta will merge in a couple of years to try to combat sky, which will be a good thing in the long run. In fact, someone told me that Setanta and Virgin are already in discussions to launch a sports news channel.

Im with Sky only because I dont live in a cabled area.

I dont like Murdoch or his plan for world domination, but dont really have much of a choice.

I was discussing this with my Dad just the other day. My Dad reckons you can get Virgin Television down your phone line now, where you needed cable for NTL, is this correct or just the ramblings of a confused man? :D

I'd love to be able to consider an alternative to Sky, but Virgin can't be bothered to cable my town.

However, I'd rather pay more and get the programmes that the money pays for. Watching Virgin whine because they don't want to pay is just funny.

I also love Sky+

Used to be pn cable - it was shit, their accounts dept was a mess and the service was awful so I changed to Sky

Sky+ is fantastic imo

I do however hate Murdoch and everything Sky has done to the KO times

Sky for me without a doubt!

I was so pi£$ed off with Telewest (now with Virgin) a few months ago when they threaten me with legal actions saying that I have not pay my previous bills, but in fact I did as it goes out on my direct debit. Got pi£$ed off and cut my contract 2 months ago with Telewest (or Virgin) and changed to Sky, which is cheaper in price and faster in terms of internet and more channels. And yesterday I received another letter from Virgin saying that I will be fined for a penalty charge because I have not pay for the bill this month!? Muppets!!!

Â