Sky V Virgin Media

kurtsimonw

Which one?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Sky?
    • Virgin Media?

13 hours ago, Genie said:

The VM hub3’s are dog shit. I’m waiting for mine to die hoping the replacement is better but I don’t think the next gens are much good either.

The VM wifi pods are essential.

The vodafone router I had got to every corner of the house with a rock solid signal.

Buy this 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tenda-tx3-ax1800-dual-band-24-ghz-5-ghz-wi-fi-6-ps2499-at-tab-retail-4010068

Then connect it and switch the hub3 to modem mode, easy to do, youtube have loads of videos on how to do it.

I rename the WiFi name and password to replicate the hub3 one, that way it's a seamless change over . 

• Like 1

We have our phone / TV / broadband with virgin.  Found out on the 14th our land line wasn't working so called to arrange an engineer.  Was told I'd receive a text to confirm when the engineer would visit.  Absolutely nothing since then , called a few times but got put on hold for 30 mins which I didn't have to spare. Eventually got through tonight.  They suggested signing up for their VOIP system which was ok.  The really annoying thing is if I'd not called I'd never have received a repair.  They offered 10 pounds off my bill after telling me there is something in place which credits 8 pounds a day for complete loss of service but I'm apparently not entitled to it because the phone rings but when you answer it there is no sound.  There is also no dialing tone.  I asked to speak to a manager to discuss my complaint but nobody was available but I've been promised a call back.  We will see......

• 1 year later...

Virgin media called me earlier which was a surprise as I was only about 2 months into a new contract.

Currently I have all the base channels, plus TNT Sports, plus 350mb broadband (plus a landline which I don’t use) and pay £56 a month.

Lady calls me and gives the spiel about special customer etc and they have a great offer for me… ok let’s see.

She offered all the base channels, TNT Sports, Sky Sports, Sky Movies, Movies/Sports in HD (cheeky buggers don’t give that as standard), 500mb broadband, some free calls on the landline I won’t use, some other “home works” package they offer with priority repairs and gadget cover all for £68 a month fixed for 18 months. A great deal I thought. Full price should be £185 a month believe it or not.

I’ll have to definitely make sure I renegotiate before this deal expires as I’m not paying £185!

Â