Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Bowery or holt coming on with 20 mins to go?

Like arguing Vanessa Feltz or Liz Jones. Pretty much neither and if you had to pick one its unlikely either will satisfy your needs better than the other.
Simple question, yet to be answered.

Has Holt suddenly become the only available striker in world football we can sign?
No? You're creating your own argument now.

I am purely discussing the potential merits of this particular. Not my first, second or even twenty-third choice but it makes sense to a degree.

Like arguing Vanessa Feltz or Liz Jones. Pretty much neither and if you had to pick one its unlikely either will satisfy your needs better than the other.

Has Holt suddenly become the only available striker in world football we can sign?

I am purely discussing the potential merits of this particular signing. Not my first, second or even twenty-third choice but it makes sense to a degree.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I am purely discussing the potential merits of this particular. Not my first, second or even twenty-third choice but it makes sense to a degree.

I am purely discussing the potential merits of this particular signing. Not my first, second or even twenty-third choice but it makes sense to a degree.

Maybe we're coming at this from different angles then Stefan.

My opinion is that Paul Lambert is not doing his job well enough if a loan signing of Holt is the best solution he can com eup with to our current situation.

Who has said Holt is THE solution to a "current situation".  (Whatever that situation is as many people will have different opinions of what the situation is) ?

Holt is not THE solution.  He is one signing that we will make this window and will be joined by others (hopefully) that will all play their part in helping our club in its objectives for this year.

How is signing a COVER player akin to lambert thinking 'he is the solution'. As I said, you're creating your own argument. As a cover striker, the signing makes sense to an extent. In any other circumstance it would make no sense and I'd be pissed off too.

If he was signing him as our main striker then yeah, mental. But he isn't and won't be.

• Like 1

I think he should be sacked for having the nerve to bring in an experienced striker who he has worked with before as cover on a short term loan deal.

The sad thing is I've seen people say words to that affect un-ironically on here.

Yep, let's at least see if it works out or not first... If it doesn't work, Paul will just have another cross to carry.

Is Lambert instilling too much fear into the team no matter who we play . He seems obsessed with this idea that we can only play on the break all the time and eventually this gets through to the players in a negative way .

In the first half last night it was as if the " give and go " idea was totally lost on the Villa side , especially Westwood who was static on far too many occassions . Also noted how Delph would be attacking on his own into a dead end with absolutely no support .

The second half was better but Lambert really has to be more positive with a group of players who just seem to be terrified of going forwards.

Also Vlaar , however good he is on the deck , simply does not compete enough in the air with a big centre forward .

Got less points than mcleish had at this point in the season, out the cup unlike McLeish at this point and signing a player that sums up the style of play he wants to play.

I'm seeing little evidence of what good is going to come from having Lambert in charge.

That's such a pointless stat.

One of Lambo's biggest strength's is he always remains upbeat & positive.

This thread certainly won't crush him that's for sure.

Go again Paul & may the force be with you.

It's a shame that his strengths aren't managing a football team, buying players or coaching them, but you have to take your positives as they arrive I guess.

• Like 1

Got less points than mcleish had at this point in the season, out the cup unlike McLeish at this point and signing a player that sums up the style of play he wants to play.

I'm seeing little evidence of what good is going to come from having Lambert in charge.

That's such a pointless stat.

How is it pointless? There are a lot of posters on here that keep pointing out that we have more points than last year and we are mid-table.

We will see at the end of the season I suppose?

One of Lambo's biggest strength's is he always remains upbeat & positive.

This thread certainly won't crush him that's for sure.

Go again Paul & may the force be with you.

It's a shame that his strengths aren't managing a football team, buying players or coaching them, but you have to take your positives as they arrive I guess.

Nobody's perfect??

How is signing a COVER player akin to lambert thinking 'he is the solution'. As I said, you're creating your own argument. As a cover striker, the signing makes sense to an extent. In any other circumstance it would make no sense and I'd be pissed off too.

If he was signing him as our main striker then yeah, mental. But he isn't and won't be.

Just a slight flaw in your, IMO blind faith argument re Lambert Stefan

Strikers at the club

Benteke

Kozak

Gabby

Weiman

Helnius

Bowery

Fonz (loan)

Bent (loan)

So why are we signing Holt exactly? Is he to be a (and it will need to be a widened) bench warmer? Will it be to replace Gabby or Benteke? Is Wiemann now a sub? What is Helnius and Bowery's roles at the club? Why have Fonz and Bent been moved on?

The timing and the type of player that Lambert has seemingly got here is somewhat strange especially given then more pressing requirements in midfield and defence. The type of football we have seen this year has been awful, reliance on hoof ball and when that does not work (often) then mere capitulation as we have seen at VP. Is Holt the type of player that will change that philosophy?

I understand the comments some are making this being a no risk, but is it? Who's nose will be put out of joint (deliberate choice of words) by his arrival, how much is he costing? What is this saying about Lamberts and the clubs strategy? Also why now? why not at the start of the window? why not immediately after Kozak got injured?

Lots of questions and not a lot of enthusiasm for this signing ......... but if as it seems he will be wearing the XXXXL Villa shirt then good luck to him and let's hope he scores a shed load

• Like 1

Just a slight flaw in your, IMO blind faith argument re Lambert Stefan

Strikers at the club

Benteke

Kozak

Gabby

Weiman

Helnius

Bowery

Fonz (loan)

Bent (loan)

So why are we signing Holt exactly? Is he to be a (and it will need to be a widened) bench warmer? Will it be to replace Gabby or Benteke? Is Wiemann now a sub? What is Helnius and Bowery's roles at the club? Why have Fonz and Bent been moved on?

The timing and the type of player that Lambert has seemingly got here is somewhat strange especially given then more pressing requirements in midfield and defence. The type of football we have seen this year has been awful, reliance on hoof ball and when that does not work (often) then mere capitulation as we have seen at VP. Is Holt the type of player that will change that philosophy?

I understand the comments some are making this being a no risk, but is it? Who's nose will be put out of joint (deliberate choice of words) by his arrival, how much is he costing? What is this saying about Lamberts and the clubs strategy? Also why now? why not at the start of the window? why not immediately after Kozak got injured?

Lots of questions and not a lot of enthusiasm for this signing ......... but if as it seems he will be wearing the XXXXL Villa shirt then good luck to him and let's hope he scores a shed load

You do realise this is only a loan move for Holt? You state all the strikers we have, yet many posters are creaming themselves at Klose (another stiker), which won't happen. Don't people realise these websites come out with these ridicolous rumours to get you to their website and click on adverts etc...? Trust me, im a marketer :)

Edited by sidcowans21