Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

When you start blaming the fans for the home form, which is more or less what he's getting at, there's a lot of little jabs in those quotes; then it will only end badly. It's also absolute crap, our home form is shit because our only weapon is our pace on the break. It's the only tactic we have and it simply doesn't work at home, it's really that simple.

It's a miracle we still get such high gates at home, the support has been great, imo.

He's not blaming the fans? He's saying he understands the frustration and that when you are under pressure it can be a difficult environment for young players to operate in, but that they won't hide

It's not just this quote, although he does say 'It's probably not helping in terms of us trying to play our game at certain times' and 'the lads are edgy' in this one, there have been a few subtle jabs recently. Why even mention it? We also saw a similar thing with McLeish too.

I'm not defending Lambert, or the players, but he does have a point. Some of them are young and inexperienced and so playing in front of people spouting abuse and a constant groan every time they misplace a pass, well, that's bound to affect their confidence.

Think about it realistically. Us fans moan all the time about how much footballers get paid. If you turned up for work alongside 10+ other guys and the overall performance wasn't great, then you got booed by those who watch you work. How would you react? You'd probably keep trying your best but then, if things didn't improve and the abuse kept getting stronger and stronger, the time would come when you'd think "fook the lot of them".

If I turned up for work alongside 10+ other guys and the overall performance wasn't great and things didn't improve we would all get the sack and be replaced by others that could do a better job and that would include the useless prick that is supposed to manage us and get us performing.

• Like 1

Lambert had a subtle pop on bbc at the home support I think after the Sunderland debacle. No wonder he's set a tone where his staff now view it acceptable to verbally abuse the paying fans. Time for the 3 stooges to go forth. The football is shocking and we need to move on and quickly before it's too late.

I'm not sure how he can turn it round. But we stuck with McLeish to the end so I really can't see Lambert getting the sack no matter how much the fans turn.

Dunno - If HH (probably one of the coaching staff) comes on here, basically saying that all Lerner is interested in is recovering his cash - are they all on borrowed time.......and they know it ?

I've said it elsewhere but I really believe the week's training (or 3 days) at Bodymoor purely exists to make sure the players are fit enough to be competitive for 90 minutes of premier league action.

You can't seriously tell me they do regular passing drills as frankly there is no evidence of any sort of team pattern on the pitch. Nor any set piece work as it's still the same old floated nonsense from corners that doesn't work unless Benteke is on top form.

I'm not sure how he can turn it round. But we stuck with McLeish to the end so I really can't see Lambert getting the sack no matter how much the fans turn.

The thing with McLeish is that the relegation scenario only crept up on us during the final weeks and he only lost the fans after the Bolton game.

I've said it elsewhere but I really believe the week's training (or 3 days) at Bodymoor purely exists to make sure the players are fit enough to be competitive for 90 minutes of premier league action.

You can't seriously tell me they do regular passing drills as frankly there is no evidence of any sort of team pattern on the pitch. Nor any set piece work as it's still the same old floated nonsense from corners that doesn't work unless Benteke is on top form.

Actually, the Kozak header on the stroke of HT came from one of the few driven corners we've delivered this year. Don't know why we don't try it more often. Christ, even Cambridge and Braintree were doing that yesterday.

Everybody is hurting right now & rightly so, but what PL & the team needs right now is 100% backing from the fans.

This really is a long term project & what other choice is there but to stick with it?

Things eventually clicked too last season so all is not lost totally.

As far as luck is concerned, God knows we deserve some & I'll gratefully take what very little we get any time it presents itself thank you very much.

Maybe we were lucky to beat Man City but we were definitely unlucky to lose at home to Everton when we could have & should have been 3 - 0 up inside the first 20 minutes.

What we all so desperately need right now is a victory any which way we can & a return to full fitness of Benteke & Vlaar.

Things will all look so much more different & positive again  once this eventually happens.

This is not the time for knee jerk reactions.

• Like 2

I dont really understand this disgraceful home form. I mean I would work my knackers off in front of the home fans, if I got heckled or booed it would make me work harder to become one of the favourites. I know they may be under more pressure to perform, but surely a highly paid football player should be used to the pressure which comes with being a pro. Personally I would thrive on the pressure associated with 35k fans coming to watch me and my team. To me it seems something is not being drilled into these players, having no captain to shout and motivate them is a big issue for me, something if maybe Petrov was still playing could have instilled in the players. There seems no graft or desire to play at home anymore by these players and for me this can only be blamed on Lambert and his coaching staff.

Everybody is hurting right now & rightly so, but what PL & the team needs right now is 100% backing from the fans.

This really is a long term project & what other choice is there but to stick with it?

As far as luck is concerned, God knows we deserve some & I'll gratefully take what very little we get any time it presents itself thank you very much.

Maybe we were lucky to beat Man City but we were definitely unlucky to lose at home to Everton when we could have & should have been 3 - 0 up inside the first 20 minutes.

What we all so desperately need right now is a victory any which way we can & a return to full fitness of Benteke & Vlaar.

Things will all look so much more different & positive again once this eventually happens.

15 wins from 57 games and some horrendous records broken.

Nothing about this is knee jerk.

Things will all look so much more different & positive again  once this eventually happens.

If you read HH comments - there is no long term project other than Lerner recouping his cash.

If the long term project is season upon season of dross then I don't want any part of it and as for knee jerk reactions I think Lambert has had sufficient time and money to show just a modicum of progress and he has not shown it.

• Like 1

Problem sacking Lambert is getting a DECENT manager that will get the most out of this squad and  build an effective team alongside Lerner and his staff and at the moment i don't think that can happen. Lerner needs to go first before this club can start to flourish again.

• Like 2

Sacking Lambert is the easy option but alot more is wrong at Villa than just the manager, repalcing him wont sort the problems as quick as fans may want

First on the home form, we have struggled at home for ages, Since 2002 we have won just 78 of 205 games at VP (38%) and just 3 of the last seasons have we done better at home than away.

BcfQy2iCcAALvhn.png

Next the players, some are average but they are also young the policy of youth is a sound one but when you cut all the experience as quick as Lambert did you are asking for trouble, it has not helped Lambert that our 3 main strikers our out of form and the best 2 defenders at the club are injured.

The board need to be more open on the future of the club, maybe explain why the youth policy has been implemented,

The fans have been very good but we cannot keep protesting at every manager if something goes wrong, the problems at Villa are deep rooted and will take years to sort, Lambert had nothing to use form the McLeish and had to pretty much start from scratch, we are points why better than last season and are only 2 points of the top half. 

• Like 2

Sacking Lambert is the easy option but alot more is wrong at Villa than just the manager, repalcing him wont sort the problems as quick as fans may want

First on the home form, we have struggled at home for ages, Since 2002 we have won just 78 of 205 games at VP (38%) and just 3 of the last seasons have we done better at home than away.

BcfQy2iCcAALvhn.png

Next the players, some are average but they are also young the policy of youth is a sound one but when you cut all the experience as quick as Lambert did you are asking for trouble, it has not helped Lambert that our 3 main strikers our out of form and the best 2 defenders at the club are injured.

The board need to be more open on the future of the club, maybe explain why the youth policy has been implemented,

The fans have been very good but we cannot keep protesting at every manager if something goes wrong, the problems at Villa are deep rooted and will take years to sort, Lambert had nothing to use form the McLeish and had to pretty much start from scratch, we are points why better than last season and are only 2 points of the top half. 

Like your stats table especially the bit that shows Lambert is better than McLeish but worse than all the others in terms of win percentage.

It doesn't do much for his street cred!

BcfQy2iCcAALvhn.png

Like your stats table especially the bit that shows Lambert is better than McLeish but worse than all the others in terms of win percentage.

Lambert is under different instructions than the rest, trying to develop young players

BcfQy2iCcAALvhn.png

Lambert is under different instructions than the rest, trying to develop young players

Well he is failing miserably then.

I remember last boxing day....horrible 4 nil defeat at home to Spurs. Everyone thought they'd be a response 48 hours later at home to Wigan. We lost 3 nil and were terrible from start to finish.

He wouldn't survive Swansea turning us over in a similar manner imo. Mind you I thought he wouldn't survive being eliminated over two legs by a league two team but he did.