The R word

villanwesty88

Anyone else worried we might still get relegated?

No chance.

Simply incorrect. For there to be "no chance" , we would need to have amassed 39 points, whereas sadly we have amassed only 35, incidentally, also the number of matches we have played.

A further fact that may be of interest is that Swansea have now reached 39 points and safety thanks to their victory over us yesterday.

Sorry I forgot you have to clarify every comment on this site to avoid someone taking it literally.

Based on the remaining games of the teams below us I do not think there is much chance of us going down.

Your first answer was better suited for my question.

Hopefully if Stoke-Fulham is still level late they don't decide to throw everything at it. A point could still be important for them if they beat Palace last day. The 2 wins are to put them above us, but they don't necessarily need that to stay up.

Regardless of how badly Hull want to win we still should be capable of beating them.

We should be capable of beating Sheffield United. We should be capable of beating Crystal bloody Palace. Fulham. West Ham. Stoke. I could go on and on....... This side at present is not capable of beating a paper bag.

And yet it beat Chelsea not so long ago. I'm not disagreeing with you completely though, I have little faith that the team can pull any kind of result out against any team in the league, but you never know.

I don't know if it's been mentioned earlier, but before the Arsenal v Newcastle game today Gary Neville was discussing the run-in for Man City and described some of our players as crazy or words to that effect, suggesting they could slip up against us because we get some unpredictable performances and results. I thought it was quite funny and rang true to an extent. I certainly think that we've played some out best football this season against the better teams, so you never know. Hopefully we won't have to worry about those and we can at least get something from the Hull game. Fingers crossed.

And yet it beat Chelsea not so long ago. I'm not disagreeing with you completely though, I have little faith that the team can pull any kind of result out against any team in the league, but you never know.

I don't know if it's been mentioned earlier, but before the Arsenal v Newcastle game today Gary Neville was discussing the run-in for Man City and described some of our players as crazy or words to that effect, suggesting they could slip up against us because we get some unpredictable performances and results. I thought it was quite funny and rang true to an extent. I certainly think that we've played some out best football this season against the better teams, so you never know. Hopefully we won't have to worry about those and we can at least get something from the Hull game. Fingers crossed.

He said Aston Villa players were 'daft' which I thought was a bit personal towards Gabby but he then went on to say we are dangerous on the break.

A draw could still be a big result. If we draw, then that means Cardiff can't finish above us. It means Norwich have to pick up 6 points from Chelsea and Arsenal to finish above us. Sunderland would need 4 points against United/Albion/Swansea, though I think that's somewhat likely. Fulham would need 6 points regardless of whether we draw or lose, we really need the Stokies to do us a favour here.

Either that or just beat Hull.

• Like 1

Either that or just beat Hull.

This is the thing, we can say we need this and that but at the end of the day its in our hands, go and win and its all over. Obviously i can understand people not expecting us to win, i certainly don't but its in our hands. Frankly if we haven't got the stones to beat Hull at home when we need too and one of the other teams do then nobody can say we didn't deserve it.

Time to show what we're made of.

• Like 3

He said Aston Villa players were 'daft' which I thought was a bit personal towards Gabby but he then went on to say we are dangerous on the break.

I don't think he meant daft in the way you think he did. I think he meant daft that we can play as poorly as we have this season but then still be capable of an upset on the counter. At least that's the way I interpreted it. It wasn't a personal attack on Gabby or Andi.

• Like 1

I don't think he meant daft in the way you think he did. I think he meant daft that we can play as poorly as we have this season but then still be capable of an upset on the counter. At least that's the way I interpreted it. It wasn't a personal attack on Gabby or Andi.
I was only joking mate :) Edited by Amo69
  • Like 1

Great news Telegraph reporting the players have clauses in contracts to give them pay cuts if we go down ,,,

Faulkner's plan all along it seems. Get us relegated to get the finances down.

Great news Telegraph reporting the players have clauses in contracts to give them pay cuts if we go down ,,,

Faulkner's plan all along it seems. Get us relegated to get the finances down.

You do realise it doesn’t work like that yeah?

I was joking mate ;)

We haven't been dangerous on the break since December 2013.