The R word

villanwesty88

People think we're going to beat Hull? Really??? I mean I expect Hull to score 1 maybe 2 and not sure where our goals are coming from.

We can lose to Hull and still end up safe come the end of next weekend

People think we're going to beat Hull? Really??? I mean I expect Hull to score 1 maybe 2 and not sure where our goals are coming from.

We can lose to Hull and still end up safe come the end of next weekend

I'm aware of that. I would rather not leave it up to Chelsea who may have little to play for to possibly save us.

Now this is how its looking simplified! Even Lambert would understand!

#Norwich need to get 4 points from:

Chelsea (Away)Arsenal (Home)Fulham need to get 5 points from:Stoke (Away)Palace (Home)Cardiff need to get 6 points from:Sunderland (Away)Newcastle (Away)Chelsea (Home)Sunderland need to get 7 points from:Cardiff (Home)Man United (Away)Baggies (Home)Swansea (Home)

I think Fulham will win both games because their opponents have nothing to play for.

I think Sunderland can get 7 points from those fixtures and, I also think Cardiff can get 6 points. I think they'll beat Chelsea on the last day.

Chelsea (Away)Arsenal (Home)Fulham need to get 5 points from:Stoke (Away)Palace (Home)Cardiff need to get 6 points from:Sunderland (Away)Newcastle (Away)Chelsea (Home)Sunderland need to get 7 points from:Cardiff (Home)Man United (Away)Baggies (Home)Swansea (Home)

I think Fulham will win both games because their opponents have nothing to play for.

I think Sunderland can get 7 points from those fixtures and, I also think Cardiff can get 6 points. I think they'll beat Chelsea on the last day.

Then i'd get down the bookies because if that comes in you'd be a very rich man.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet any amount of money you like that that scenario will not happen. Talk about wetting the bed...

• Like 1

For us to go down, the most likely way is for Fulham/Cardiff/Sunderland to finish above us, I think everyone would agree. Norwich, given 5 straight defeats and Chelsea/Arsenal to come, are unlikely to pick up the 4 points necessary.

So for us to stay up.

If Sunderland/Cardiff is a draw

If EITHER Fulham/Cardiff drop any points for the remainder of the season, we are safe. 

If Sunderland win

Same scenario, if Fulham/Cardiff drop any points, we're safe.

If Cardiff win

This in my opinion is the worst scenario. We'd need 1 of 3 things to happen.

-Fulham to drop points

-Cardiff to fail to win either of their remaining 2 fixtures (Newcastle (A), Chelsea (H))

-Sunderland to lose 1 or 2 draw of their remaining 3 fixtures (Man U (A), West Brom (H), Swansea (H))

Edited by kurtsimonw

Fulham lose to Stoke, Cardiff to Chelsea and Norwich lose both their games and we stay up, right?

Yes. Even if Cardiff beat Chelsea in that scenario, we'd still stay up.

Fulham dropping any points and Norwich losing a single game means we can't go down.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Fulham lose to Stoke, Cardiff to Chelsea and Norwich lose both their games and we stay up, right?

Yes. Even if Cardiff beat Chelsea in that scenario, we'd still stay up.

Fulham dropping any points and Norwich losing a single game means we can't go down.

What a **** shame we are having to do this again. Lerner has gambled with the club twice now.

We need to have a huge clear out of staff, and then the same with players. Too many not good enough - Baker, Luna, Sylla - and too many who don't put in nearly enough effort - Gabby, Weimann.

And then we need to look at proper reinforcements, not players who are cheap.