You are Paul Lambert...

Dodgyknees

And is that 'Arsenal first-teamer' Oxlade-Chamberlain? :D

Yep :-) well if I'm pretending to be a white middle aged Scottish villa manager i might as well go all the way with my imagination

I'll take Ozil as well then :-D

And is that 'Arsenal first-teamer' Oxlade-Chamberlain? :D

Yep :-) well if I'm pretending to be a white middle aged Scottish villa manager i might as well go all the way with my imagination

I'll take Ozil as well then :-D

That's the spirit

Bring in Gareth Barry on loan

I don't think that there would have been any objections to that from the Chairman when he became available. Unfortunately PL doesn't seem to value experience

But the only factually verified ITK said PL wanted to bring Barry in on loan but didn't have the wages in budget?

Anderson is better than any midfielder currently at villa

Delph1a.gif

Bacuna (future midfielder). BacunaFreeKick.gif

Anderson is 25 and already has 4 premier league titles, 2 community shields, 2 league cups, 1 fifa World Cup, 1 champions league & 8 caps for 5 times world champions Brazil

Anderson is 25 and already has 4 premier league titles, 2 community shields, 2 league cups, 1 fifa World Cup, 1 champions league & 8 caps for 5 times world champions Brazil

Nicky Butt has a better record.

We're talking bout Anderson & villa players

I posted this in the formation/tactics thread but it seems pretty relevant to this, it was in response to dakid007 giving a hypothetical that Villa sold Benteke for 25 million pounds and the manager got the full amount to reinvest. 

"I trust Lambert more than I trust myself at finding new players. But if you insist

Guzan

Lowton         Vlaar                Clark           Bastian Oczipka              

Westwood/Bacuna        Delph

Weimann/tonev      Kiyotake       Jefferson Montero

Kozak/Gabby

I would go with Westwood, Weimann and Kozak in games against weaker sides and Bacuna, Tonev and Gabby against stronger sides. Weimann and Westwood are more technical and Kozaks aerial ability in the box could be critical for breaking them down but Gabby's pace is devastating on the counter and Westwood tends to disappear against big sides because he can't get on the ball enough. Kozak also seems to struggle in games that he becomes isolated. Furthermore, I think that over time Tonev could be really good eventually, especially with strict instructions on when to shoot, so I would use him for his pace and back tracking (like he did against Norwich) against the stronger sides."

For this current hypothetical I had ten million to spend. I don't know what Oczipka would cost but I'll go nine million even though it probably wouldn't be that high. Montero is rumored to be available for 7 million, and I'd say maybe 8.5 for Kiyotake? That's 24.5 in fees, 10 under what I would have with the Benteke sail. This could go toward maybe a better striker if Kozak doesn't work out,, or...

Wages might be a small issue. Dodgyknees said 40,000. Benteke leaving makes it more like 95,000 available. I'm not sure if these guys would quite fit under that number, but I guess some of the extra ten million I have for transfers could go toward the wages if, say, each wanted 40,000 and it ended up coming out closer to 120,000 total.  

Also, like I said in the other thread, this is fun and all and I do think that that side would be very formidable, but i know nothing about managing a football club and Paul Lambert will do 1000x better than I would when he actually gets money at Villa. 

• Like 1

I posted this in the formation/tactics thread but it seems pretty relevant to this, it was in response to dakid007 giving a hypothetical that Villa sold Benteke for 25 million pounds and the manager got the full amount to reinvest. 

"I trust Lambert more than I trust myself at finding new players. But if you insist

Guzan

Lowton         Vlaar                Clark           Bastian Oczipka              

Westwood/Bacuna        Delph

Weimann/tonev      Kiyotake       Jefferson Montero

Kozak/Gabby

I would go with Westwood, Weimann and Kozak in games against weaker sides and Bacuna, Tonev and Gabby against stronger sides. Weimann and Westwood are more technical and Kozaks aerial ability in the box could be critical for breaking them down but Gabby's pace is devastating on the counter and Westwood tends to disappear against big sides because he can't get on the ball enough. Kozak also seems to struggle in games that he becomes isolated. Furthermore, I think that over time Tonev could be really good eventually, especially with strict instructions on when to shoot, so I would use him for his pace and back tracking (like he did against Norwich) against the stronger sides."

For this current hypothetical I had ten million to spend. I don't know what Oczipka would cost but I'll go nine million even though it probably wouldn't be that high. Montero is rumored to be available for 7 million, and I'd say maybe 8.5 for Kiyotake? That's 24.5 in fees, 10 under what I would have with the Benteke sail. This could go toward maybe a better striker if Kozak doesn't work out,, or...

Wages might be a small issue. Dodgyknees said 40,000. Benteke leaving makes it more like 95,000 available. I'm not sure if these guys would quite fit under that number, but I guess some of the extra ten million I have for transfers could go toward the wages if, say, each wanted 40,000 and it ended up coming out closer to 120,000 total.  

Also, like I said in the other thread, this is fun and all and I do think that that side would be very formidable, but i know nothing about managing a football club and Paul Lambert will do 1000x better than I would when he actually gets money at Villa.

Minus the bomb squad wages

I thought we were talking about records of Manchester United players? My mistake.

If I were PL I would do the following:

Reinstall Lowton as RB

Get Vlaar fit

Keep the 4-3-3 formation but:

Look to loan/purchase any of the following:

Lescott (L)

De Bruyne (L)

or purchase

Kouyate

Kiyotake

I honestly think PL is on the right track with sticking with the youth but do feel a little experience wouldn't go amiss

• Like 1

I thought we were talking about records of Manchester United players? My mistake.

Lol it started from me saying I would like Anderson in our team

Â