Villa fan/Paul Lambert rant - Beware you may be offended

wedge

There's not actually that much booing considering the tripe that we have served up there for a few years. I am actually surprised that we have been so patient. My patience is starting to wear thin.

Why boo the current players and manager who had nothing to do with 'the last few years'?

Well you wouldnt obviously. There hasn't been that much discontent and booing considering our home record is what I mean. The worst it got was toward the end of McLeish. The Bolton game stands out.

Well he effectively has said that he considers some fans less worthy of being at Villa Park. If that isn't indicating that you are a better fan then others, I don't know what is?

He hasn't mentioned anything about some fans being more worthy than others, he's simply defining the meaning of "support".  If your team goes a goal down is it better to boo or cheer seems to be the implied question.  Is it better to encourage or berate?  I agree with Wedge and think booing a team you've gone along to "support" is madness and simply helps the opposition. 

• Like 1

I don't want to be the one to state the bloody obvious...but despite the mitigation some come up with for Lambert, I think the masses will be asking some serious questions. I have a horrible feeling his " honeymoon" period is slowly coming to a close.

I am not for changing managers every 5 minutes, because you need time to build something, but in 10 years and 4 managers.....please tell me what we are proposing to build.

• Like 3

I don't want to be the one to state the bloody obvious...but despite the mitigation some come up with for Lambert, I think the masses will be asking some serious questions. I have a horrible feeling his " honeymoon" period is slowly coming to a close.

I am not for changing managers every 5 minutes, because you need time to build something, but in 10 years and 4 managers.....please tell me what we are proposing to build.

I think Lambert is doing his best.

The problem is it isn't going to get better, majority of the points we have we have stolen and this run of form has been due for a long time.

I think we will get results when our form returns. I doubt we will finish in the top ten though but I will be content just to stay in the division at this moment.

All the fans fault again today.

Don't recall anyone ever slating our away fans. They're top-notch and always have been.

People don't let what was actually written get in the way of a moan.

I think Lambert is doing his best.

If that is his best I'd hate to see his worst.

• Like 2

All the fans fault again today.

Don't recall anyone ever slating our away fans. They're top-notch and always have been.

And yet with excellent support we were poor and beaten.

Blaming home fans or away fans it utter shit.

Yes I can see that thanks.

I don't think it's the main factor (or even in the top 3) but if our home support was anything like our away support maybe we wouldn't quite be so poor at home?

So bored of watching Villa play. No spark, no excitement, no quality. It's just shit really. How can 11 professional footballers struggle to pass the ball to each other so much? We get the basics wrong time and time again. What do they do in training? 

Well the way I see it is it is pointless to sack him now or at any point at all before the end of the season. No manager is going to be able to come in and miraculously save us because all of our players are awful bar 2 or 3 of them. We need to stick with Lambert until the end of the season but if towards the end there is no sign of any sort of gelling or 'coming of age', I think he will probably have to go.

But even if he did leave at the end of the season, without any investment I can't think who could turn us around. Even Mourinho would have a hard time.

• Like 1

Â