Villa fan/Paul Lambert rant - Beware you may be offended

wedge

Second news flash.

No-one expects us to!!

Why sack Lambert then? How much better are we realistically going to do with another manager on the same budget?

I'm not asking for Lambert to be sacked yet but those who have are relunctant to put names forward due to being constantly ridiculed or shot down. 

Its a very good question that you ask and its a difficult one to answer for those who are not yet a supporter of Lambert because it can't be proven until another manager comes in. However, i could ask you the question how do you know that another manager coming in might not do any better within the budget constraints?

The fact is no-one knows really but for me it would be interesting to see if a new manager did come in how many of Lambert's signings would be retained and of course that is the worry for those who keep banging on about the constant re-building process at our club.

For me good players stand out to any decent manager worth his salt so in my humble opinion if a new manager did come in he'd eventually base his first team on around 4-5 of our present first team with the rest only used as squad players until the money was there to bring better players in and again that would depend on what system the new manager would want to play.

A new manager might retain all of Lambert's signings, play a system to incorporate one or two of the so called bomb squad and get better football out of them but again who knows? 

I don't expect top four but if the chairman continually refuses to release the required finance to even compete at top 6-7 level then as a compromise i'd actually like to see an Aston Villa team playing entertaining football rather than the turgid dross we've had to endure over recent times. 

• Like 1

Second news flash.

No-one expects us to!!

Why sack Lambert then? How much better are we realistically going to do with another manager on the same budget?

I'm not asking for Lambert to be sacked yet but those who have are relunctant to put names forward due to being constantly ridiculed or shot down. 

Its a very good question that you ask and its a difficult one to answer for those who are not yet a supporter of Lambert because it can't be proven until another manager comes in. However, i could ask you the question how do you know that another manager coming in might not do any better within the budget constraints?

The fact is no-one knows really but for me it would be interesting to see if a new manager did come in how many of Lambert's signings would be retained and of course that is the worry for those who keep banging on about the constant re-building process at our club.

For me good players stand out to any decent manager worth his salt so in my humble opinion if a new manager did come in he'd eventually base his first team on around 4-5 of our present first team with the rest only used as squad players until the money was there to bring better players in and again that would depend on what system the new manager would want to play.

A new manager might retain all of Lambert's signings, play a system to incorporate one or two of the so called bomb squad and get better football out of them but again who knows? 

I don't expect top four but if the chairman continually refuses to release the required finance to even compete at top 6-7 level then as a compromise i'd actually like to see an Aston Villa team playing entertaining football rather than the turgid dross we've had to endure over recent times. 

Much as it would be disasterous for Lambert to go, I'd ALMOST like to see a new manager here..........with the meagre resources available he would be unable to do any better than Lambert (in fact he would probably do a lot worse due to the fact that the majority of our squad seem to respect and respond to Lambert) yet as you have been Lambert's most outspoken critic, you would be honour bound to support the new guy

TBH I can imagine the approach you would take - blame it all on the last guy.

Thankfully, Lambert will be with us for some time yet and when he does go, I predict that it will be for a better job. By the time he leaves, his team will only feature 4-5 of the existing squad.........they've been bought in to do a job - keep us in the premiership which they're achieving thanks very much.  If and when more money is available, better players will come in

You were wrong with your prediction of relegation last year and you will be wrong again this year. The current obsession is that we need to play "entertaining football" - that would be lovely but as we have a team that in earning Championship money, I for one am grateful that Lambert has found a way to get them to deliver mid-table Premiership performances

The January window will come and go, again without Villa making any substantial impact and again it is Lambert who will carry the can for the errors of previous managers and previous years.

Second news flash.

No-one expects us to!!

Much as it would be disasterous for Lambert to go, I'd ALMOST like to see a new manager here..........with the meagre resources available he would be unable to do any better than Lambert (in fact he would probably do a lot worse due to the fact that the majority of our squad seem to respect and respond to Lambert) yet as you have been Lambert's most outspoken critic, you would be honour bound to support the new guy

Thankfully, Lambert will be with us for some time yet and when he does go, I predict that it will be for a better job. By the time he leaves, his team will only feature 4-5 of the existing squad.........they've been bought in to do a job - keep us in the premiership which they're achieving thanks very much.  If and when more money is available, better players will come in

You were wrong with your prediction of relegation last year and you will be wrong again this year. The current obsession is that we need to play "entertaining football" - that would be lovely but as we have a team that in earning Championship money, I for one am grateful that Lambert has found a way to get them to deliver mid-table Premiership performances

The January window will come and go, again without Villa making any substantial impact and again it is Lambert who will carry the can for the errors of previous managers and previous years.

I've seen many comments on here asking other posters for the lottery numbers because they have stated things as fact even though they haven't happened yet. I have also seen posters rightly engaging other posters because they have mis-quoted them and unfortunately both traits apply to the above post.

Second news flash.

No-one expects us to!!

I am in the Lambert to carry on camp....but I have reservations/doubts too. I always get dubious of managers who are reluctant to spell out clearly what their " blueprint" is.

I think he has a tough job to do ,but done just ok.

I actually think that Lambert will either do really well and stay with us ....or falter and go.

In either case I do not see him getting a better job than AVFC

Second news flash.

No-one expects us to!!

I've seen many comments on here asking other posters for the lottery numbers because they have stated things as fact even though they haven't happened yet. I have also seen posters rightly engaging other posters because they have mis-quoted them and unfortunately both traits apply to the above post.

7 15 18 27 36  4  8

PS You've got to play these now - You know you'll kick yourself when these come up

Edited by VillaCas

I am in the Lambert to carry on camp....but I have reservations/doubts too. I always get dubious of managers who are reluctant to spell out clearly what their " blueprint" is.

I actually think that Lambert will either do really well and stay with us ....or falter and go.

I hope he does do really well but If he does, why would he stay with us?

If he does really well, he will be attractive for other teams who are willing to cough up a bit more cash than us

I hope he does do really well but If he does, why would he stay with us?

If he does really well, he will be attractive for other teams who are willing to cough up a bit more cash than us

It is rare for a Villa manager to go on to achieve better things at another club.

This may sound strange but I would like to hear Lambert actually acknowledge and address issues and weaknesses in his squad and tactics, rather than rolling out the same old tired 'young, hungry players - we go again, we're improving' style guff.

If he just said - 'The fans deserve better than they football we are playing, and we can perform better and it's my job to get the lads playing better' then that would be a start.

Also it would be nice for him to say that we need a stronger midfield and he is looking at options in that department.

I know you don't want to give other teams clues as to what you are planning, but sometimes a bit of honest goes a long way. At least if we know that Lambert understands the issues that we recognise as fans, then there is platform to start improving. Whereas presently his post match comments are pretty inconclusive, i respect him for not criticising players publically but you don't get the impression he is worried by our form, random tactics, and low standard of football at all. 

• Like 1

This may sound strange but I would like to hear Lambert actually acknowledge and address issues and weaknesses in his squad and tactics, rather than rolling out the same old tired 'young, hungry players - we go again, we're improving' style guff.

If he just said - 'The fans deserve better than they football we are playing, and we can perform better and it's my job to get the lads playing better' then that would be a start.

Also it would be nice for him to say that we need a stronger midfield and he is looking at options in that department.

I know you don't want to give other teams clues as to what you are planning, but sometimes a bit of honest goes a long way. At least if we know that Lambert understands the issues that we recognise as fans, then there is platform to start improving. Whereas presently his post match comments are pretty inconclusive, i respect him for not criticising players publically but you don't get the impression he is worried by our form, random tactics, and low standard of football at all. 

Maybe he is not looking for options (except shuffling those already within his squad) as he is well aware that there is little or no money available?

Would it really be better if he constantly appeared worried? Would an expression of worry help the players? I'm not sure it would

Ok then, so who would you like to see Lambert replaced with?

I'm not one of those who want Lambert gone right now, but as this question has been asked a million times I'll throw a name out there - Malky Mackay.

Enough with the Scots already

Sorry i know it's impossible to come up with names without immediately being shut down.

I hope our next manager comes from outside the UK

gerard houllier?

See it's not just Villa fans:

Falling Out Of Love With Spurs
Have you ever become so disillusioned with your club that you genuinely hate them, and you want you them to fail? That is the exact position I find myself in with Spurs at the moment. I look at the boardroom, the new management, and even most of our fanbase and find myself thinking 'what is there to actually feel affection for anymore?'.

Whatever people's thoughts on AVB's personality, his methods, or tactics he remains in terms of points per game Tottenham's best ever manager, coming off the back of achieving our highest-ever points total in the league, so whilst a times it may not have looked pretty, it was, for all intents and purposes a successful formula he was implementing. AVB then finds himself in a position than most of our managers have experienced - his star player being sold despite assurances from the Chairman he wouldn't be going anywhere. 

We clear out nine players in sales and loans, and have the same amount coming in from transfers and returning loans, almost a change in half the first team squad. You'd like to believe fans, chairmen, the media would think "well surely that sort of turnover, especially bringing in seven players who've never played in England before is going to have an effect on results and performances while they gel and settle?" Of course, not. Despite us having our best ever start in the league for 16 seasons we hear "well it's not very entertaining is it?" "We're Tottenham Hotspur, the great entertainers, brilliant football that never wins f**k all!" God forbid someone should try and actually play effective football instead, you know, the sort of stuff that may end up winning trophies instead of pointless plaudits? Of course once the inevitable poor performances came the daggers were out, we're negative, we're going backwards, still ignoring that we're actually in exactly the same place in terms of points and in all four competitions as we were last season despite the loss of the player of the season and trying to solve the puzzle of fitting in these nine new players - who other than Townsend in spells and Chiriches have struggled to show any kind of form or consistency.

All these underperforming players? well give them time they'll come good we're told, of course no such luxury for the manager. Let's give the job to Tim Sherwood. Good old Tim, ex-Tottenham player - tried to get Hoddle sacked when he got dropped for being crap, that Tim Sherwood. He's the man to turn things around, course it doesn't manager he's never managed at this level before or even finished his coaching badges - why worry about silly little things like that? It's not like we could employ a bloke who'd won the league with Porto and a records points total and the UEFA Cup is it?

And so here I find myself, rambling on to you absolutely despising the club I once supported around the country, and in Europe on the odd occasion. Thankyou Mr Levy you've managed to do what ex-girlfriends, kids and a wife couldn't.
Marc, Luton

http://www.football365.com/mailbox/9079984/Why-Tottenham-ARE-Big-Club-Actually

• Like 1

Lambert is a good manager and people should be careful what they wish for.  Out of interest, who do the doom mongers see as a viable replace if he were to get the chop?  There is a serious dearth of proven Premier League mangers that are A, available, B, would come to us and C, could operate successfully using the clubs business model.  We are going to have tough times during this rebuilding process, we all knew that, but we will get there in the end and Lambert is the man to take us forward.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

When was the last time Villa had a player to cheer for? Barry? Angel? Mellberg? Laursen? These players were never replaced, the personalities and the courage was never replicated. The fans have no one to see lead the energy of the team and it's not coming from Lambert - last guy it came from was MON. 

When was the last time Villa had a player to cheer for? Barry? Angel? Mellberg? Laursen? These players were never replaced, the personalities and the courage was never replicated. The fans have no one to see lead the energy of the team and it's not coming from Lambert - last guy it came from was MON. 

Vlaar has that kind of personality, he's just only started looking good though.  Gabby is Villa through and through too.

• Like 1

Vlaar has that kind of personality, he's just only started looking good though.  Gabby is Villa through and through too.

A lot of Lambert's signings are likable, especially when compared with the players they replaced.

Â